Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Greetings! Some questions for you

Howdy folks. Hope you're doing good.

This is just a test post. But while you're here why not answer the following questions before you leave:

>What class do you think you'll be playing most? Which archetype appeals most to you?

Also

>Which god shall you fight for?

I particularly like Ranger, and Malekai.

My initial reaction is Assassin/Malekai, simply because I always play rogue/assassin archetypes.

However, since Assassin is not yet in the testing, I've been practically living on Confessor and have grown kind of fond of it.  We'll see how that holds up once I get my wings, though!

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

Any idea how allegiance declarations work? Can you choose a different god for each campaign? Do you get any penalties for switching loyalties often/bonuses for staying loyal to one god over the course of a character's existence?

Also I'm curious - how's the lore going to play out, will there be a significant single-player aspect to the game with quests and stuff?

Any idea how allegiance declarations work? Can you choose a different god for each campaign? Do you get any penalties for switching loyalties often/bonuses for staying loyal to one god over the course of a character's existence?

Also I'm curious - how's the lore going to play out, will there be a significant single-player aspect to the game with quests and stuff?

Don't expect quests as in themepark MMOs (or much "PvE")

But they have said they will fill the Campaign worlds with ruins with their own sets of lore / treasures to discover etc. And will still be horrible monsters to kill us :)

they have said that while we'll be encourged to group you should be able to go off and solo explore etc

https://www.crowfall.com/faq/general/

"5. DOES THAT MEAN I CAN’T PLAY SOLO?

Of course you can play solo! That said, many of the game systems were designed to entice you to interact with others. It is an MMO, after all."
Edited by Tinnis

I am in the service of Maeve, and I will be a duelist.  Talk about complicated; I'm now serving the goddess trying to destroy my creators creations.  Now that's all from an RP standpoint.

From a game play standpoint, all of the archetypes appeal to me, but I'm not sure which ones I will end up playing for sure.  I do like the idea of the druid and frostweaver though.

On your second question, they have also comment about PvE being mob style like seen in Shadowbane.  Shadowbane had a groups of mobs spread throughout, but the AI was really lacking; but they never had any quests in SB, so I'm not sure how/if quests will be done in CF.

Edited by Mazon

The last discussion I remember about god selection was from this Q&A video at 2:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4641Qhj_cFU

Has some info relating to Mahinn's questions.

Playing on a campaign world in the 12-faction ruleset band might be a good option for a more solo type player who wants a god+lore-based focus. 

tiPrpwh.png

Welcome to the forums.  As for your question - ranger is likely my pick.  I enjoy gathering, scouting, and exploring in games, though I'm concerned that node harvesting might be less of a thing in Crowfall.  Most of the chatter about resources has centered around Points of Interest.

As for Deity...I need to see more of the game before I can pin down who/what I want to be.

• 3 weeks later...