Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stiviribar

Pve Yes Or No?

I agree with the general opinion, some PvE might be vital; nevertheless what I'd like to know before saying anything else is how will travelling through the world work.

I kinda pictured for a moment M&B after seeing screenshots of the world map, but then again I just got here (like an hour ago). Could some kind soul fill me with how will world travelling go?

(I've seen the character creation screen, then the list of perks, a bit of the crafting system, some feudal hierarchy 101 and gizzed on my screen)

Sorry, haven't read all pages of this topic so sorry if i will repeat someone words.

It woulb be great if there will be a PvP fight for some PvE regions where one can harvest materials, have a raid on Big bad Boy or something.

So because I want PvE and Boss monsters, therefore "go play WoW & themeparks fgt lolol". Gotcha.

With that out of the way, the only title I've played in which PvE can serve as a choke point for competitive PvP was EQ1 back in the ole Zek days. And that is the point. It created complex situations in which one would fight a "raid" mob while having to repel invading players, it creates additional reasons to fight rather than just attacking each others cities, mirroring the "invasion" PvP mechanic of Dark Souls, PvP when one of the parties least expects it and is least prepared for it.

Many people enjoy PvE, and as I've said previously "Wolves need sheep", by accommodating PvEers we get more PvP targets. By allowing for desirable PvE encounters, we create additional reasons to engage in PvP outside of ideal conditions as one would see in a siege or guild VS guild encounter.

Encounters like this can create some memorable moments.

See: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-most-elaborate-hooligan-moves-in-online-gaming-history_p5/

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16490

Still surprised a mod responded like that.  What's so wrong about killing a dragon and gaining massive amounts of resources to help support crafting which has so far been depicted as a major pillar of this game?

So they confirmed that PVE is going to be in the form of monsters that roam the world and carry rave rengents for crafting.

No instanced raids or dungeons.Perfect :)

So they confirmed that PVE is going to be in the form of monsters that roam the world and carry rave rengents for crafting.

No instanced raids or dungeons.Perfect :)

Probably then territorial qonquest first of all will be on the pathes of Bosses "walk"))

So long as nothing is instanced I'm happy. I don't want another game where after two weeks I have EVERYTHING I need to just go out and pvp indefinitely regardless of gear lost etc. because then it becomes another moba. The death of the game for me would be: I log in, I choose a character, I load out my gear and then choose a world to go pvping in without thinking about anything. This is solely because I want to play an MMO and NOT cs:go or dota or wow or etc....

There should be PVE in the game. Hunting, Fishing, NPC enemies and friends based on the faction or reputation etc. a good all rounded sandbox game could not do without the PVE Element, in SWG there wes the Mission Terminal where the player picked up missions to destroy bunkers or enemy NPC Bases.....

Im a hardcore PvP player since UO and DaoC days.

But im also a hardcore raider, maximiser and love character progression.

So i want all the stuff from both worlds, including raidbosses, gear progression, achievements etc.

In todays mmo market, you cant focus on one aspect only. You cant go only PvP or only PvE.

Players of today get bored very fast, and if you leave one part out, players will just get bored even quicker.

I love PvP, but doing it all the time,every day? no thanks.

Camelot Unchained is doing it, trying to be some kind of new esport game, but i think it will fail horribly becouse of it.

Im talking way to mutch about darkfall here but id love to see it they way darkfall did PvE.. there was no real 40man raids.. they had some world bosses and some really hard mobs.. you could go out to farm gold and mats from monsters and i hope its the same here.. if there is no PvE at all it will just be boring.. i think they should have bandit camps and some cavs with some harder mobs so people can PvE on that scale i dont really want a raidfinder like in WoW where people go fight boss 1-5 and then its over.. 

Exzear, on 03 Feb 2015 - 4:21 PM, said:

Im talking way to mutch about darkfall here but id love to see it they way darkfall did PvE.. there was no real 40man raids.. they had some world bosses and some really hard mobs.. you could go out to farm gold and mats from monsters and i hope its the same here.. if there is no PvE at all it will just be boring.. i think they should have bandit camps and some cavs with some harder mobs so people can PvE on that scale i dont really want a raidfinder like in WoW where people go fight boss 1-5 and then its over.. 

God no, no 40 man raids. would rather have dungeons like Darkness Falls in DaoC. 10 man at most if there are any "raids"

This thread was founded on Hunger Week after Tuesday's reveal of The Hunger's worldly behavior (Creepy blue mana).  Also, would be cool if Hunger mana looked like blue fire, but that's my bias, it is already cool enough (Get it?! Cool?, because blue is a cool color!).

Player vs Environment has been confirmed (Devs clarified "PvE Raids" are not in the game, PvE in general is in it).  What does this mean for Crowfalls campaigns?  Note: Mobs refers to NPC enemies (Monsters or humanoids).

1)  Gated resources.  We have relatively available access to resource factories at the start of the game, but what if it has some big bad boys living nearby?  We might have mob packs and big boss mobs moving around the world.

2)  Hunting.  Reconnaissance.  Monster observation.  Exploration.  We are no longer limited to exploring geography, what kind of gameplay can emerge with mobs?  What components can we expect from mobs? (Golden Ivory Tusked Boars with the awesome biological ore "Gold Ivory", I know I'm being silly here).  Can we hope for a "Hunting" discipline that specializes in "wild life" hunting (CC for capture, monster slaying tools to survive attacks from feral wild cats, tracking mob whereabouts?)

3)  Regional player cooperation.  Players will kill each other and we hate each others guts, that's a given and we love it.  But what if we have to cooperate with our regional neighbors in order to not be dominated by The Hunger's undead outrising near our cities?  Will we see some player vs disaster gameplay?  Or even better, player vs player vs player vs disaster vs ANOTHER disaster?

I am personally most excited about animal based mobs.  I am a crafter at heart, I like fighting and it should be the main focus, but I like environmental exploitation even more.  Will we be able to do a variety of actions to interact with "wildlife"? (Meat/Leather loot pouches)

Do "prey" mobs run away when we are sighted?  Do they have general behavior (Small-scale Herd migrations)?  Can we study behavior?

Do we have to record keep to learn about what mobs are capable of doing in the "Mortal Book of Monsters"?  (Or are we just going to get all their info in a game window?)

Do they have special abilities?  Can we domesticate some to exploit them in the crafting scene? (Boar, pull plow).

Do they live in hard to reach mountain ranges, or deep in the unconquerable forests? (Far from ctity locations)

Can we skin them with our leathermaking skill?

Can we make cool consumable with their meat? (Maybe some hearty "Warmth" soup for the winter?)

Discuss what can PvE add to crowfall!

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

There will be no instanced 10/20/40/60 man raids.  The only "organized raids that will be in game, is when your enemies "organize a raid" to knock your walls down! 

Since the zombies we've seen have weapons and armor, maybe they could be used as a way to reequip yourself with crappy gear after a death in case you're too poor to afford to pay a crafter.  It looks like it deteriorates more as the seasons transition so by winter it would probably be pretty useless.