Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

"Burning" status, Confessor DoT and combo chain viability

Hello,

For an archetype based entirely around fire - why does the Confessor currently lack ANY damage over time effects?

[no not even on #1 flames of truth - first part "after 10 seconds explodes..." for one chunk of damage

mIr1dB5.png

We can see the framework is present in the game:

- "Burning" status effects are referred to (Champion's Stone form removes Burning and Bleeds upon use)

- Confessor's skill tree has the "Lawful" node that specifically says it increases your damage over time effects.

Perhaps adding a strong damage over time for #1 flames of truth (not just small instant damage after combo) would give this spell some more utility rather than always uses the combo for instant damage and stun)

currently #1 will do damage at the end of 10 seconds. the tooltip value for the second part instant damage is higher. there will never be a reason not to do the combo. (uncombo'd first part does have a tiny 4m radius of damage though but with the small value and damage splitting that is of no use)

Its a larger problem the confessor has (along with pretty much ALL archetype combo chains)

her combos spells never have enough utility to be used on their own without just continuing the chain to the end (unless your just out of mana)

[fire shield, fire wave, and hellfire aura in most cases]

Edited by Tinnis

It is absurd that the Confessor doesn't have a DoT effect, but out of all their current powers, I can't pick one where a DoT would fit best, without making the power op. The powers that I see a DoT would thematically fit are Condemnation and Hellfire Tornado. Maybe they'll have a DoT or two on their other four powers 

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

It is absurd that the Confessor doesn't have a DoT effect, but out of all their current powers, I can't pick one where a DoT would fit best, without making the power op. The powers that I see a DoT would thematically fit are Condemnation and Hellfire Tornado. Maybe they'll have a DoT or two on their other four powers 

yup - like i said the best thematic and balance candidate I could think of would be part one of #1 flames of truth

or perhaps increases the viability of the first combo chain of #4 - fire wave and fire blast are currently fairly underpowered and useless compared to hellfire aura and tornados at the moment

Well, a reduction in flat damage could balance any eventual DoT.

Pretty sure flames of truth is a DoT, unless it was changed in a recent patch.

Canth in my guild thought the same but then dug up the original confessor power announcement but might of changed back and forth over time. I've only been testing as alpha 3 and never had a DoT in my experience of testing

"From the original news post back in the day: "The first power in the active power tray is Flames of Truth, this instant power applies a debuff to the target under the Confessor’s reticle, which does nothing for 10 seconds. When the debuff expires after 10 seconds it applies damage and stuns the target for three seconds."

https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/first-look-confessor-powers/

Edited by Tinnis