Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rhonim

Keyboard

I am thinking about upgrading my keyboard however i don't know which one to get i am thinking about getting a corsair keyboard with cherry mx blue or brown switches. I like the satisfying click on mechanical keyboards which is why i don't think i am gonna get red switches. I will be using it for maybe a small bit of typing but mostly for gaming. I tend to like bash my keyboard (as i am right now while typing this lol) which is why i am leaning towards the blues but i am not a huge keyboard guy so i was wondering if anyone could help. 

Thanks!  :)

Edited by Rhonim

I am using logitech G710+ it have brown switches, it's nice to type and play.

I never owned a corsair keyboard so I hope i am helpful a little to make your decision.

my current keyboard have brown switches, it's nice for me to type while not staring at the keys that i am typing or sometimes i miss typing.. hehe

although it's nice to have set of macro to hit it on fly as attack or pop buffs on..

I love G710+ and been using that since it went in market waited few months till price dropped and i bought it new.. it been a good 4 years.

if i were you I would see which corsair keyboard better with cherry mx blue or brown switches.

I do hope this will make your decision

Cheers!

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Yeah i really don't care about the brand, corsair was just an idea the big thing for me is blue or brown

Edited by Rhonim

Yeah i really don't care about the brand corsair was just an idea the big thing for me is blue or brown

old guide.. http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/mechanical-keyboard-guide

There's top tiers:

Blue

?? maybe white.. i don't know if this still a thing..

Brown

But i highly recommend to do some research before buying.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

That's a good decision u can test it cheap and then make the final decision like how i did 4 years ago!

yeah i am trying to research i am thinking about buying a tester thingie like this      

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Keyboard-Keycap-Cherry-Sampler/dp/B00N6DXTW4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1464905897&sr=8-4&keywords=cherry+mx+switches

I would deffinately get a tester if you dont know what you want. I had blacks, red and now blues.. im going back to blacks.

Here's a good site to find a keyboard https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/

MOkvLlm.png

K cool thanks guys!  :)

Also Ziz i got the t50rp's and fiio e10k as well as the vmoda boompro mic and it works great and i love it thanks!

Edited by Rhonim

K cool thanks guys!  :)

Also Ziz i got the t50rp's and fiio e10k as well as the vmoda boompro mic and it works great and i love it thanks!

Im glad! I waste a lot of time and money on stuff i hope i can help other people get it right the first time :)

MOkvLlm.png

Mechanical keyboards are so hot right now its terribly difficult to find a good gel keyboard. I like low profile keys and how quiet they are.

The search goes on.

get a linear key like cherry reds, put o rings on them so they are quieter and have shorter travel distance, get DSA keycap profile is flatter.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6f/6d/8e/6f6d8e6d0bb520760094dd2bc69f4238.jpg

MOkvLlm.png

get a linear key like cherry reds, put o rings on them so they are quieter and have shorter travel distance, get DSA keycap profile is flatter.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6f/6d/8e/6f6d8e6d0bb520760094dd2bc69f4238.jpg

The O ring idea could help with one of my issues which is cool. I didn't know about that option.

This was my last awesome KB:

31637439-2-440-overview-1.gif

Responsive, quiet, low profile and a few bells and whistles.

Since I cant find a great membrane KB I'm leaning towards G710

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.png

Edited by Keaggan

Mechanical keyboards are so hot right now its terribly difficult to find a good gel keyboard. I like low profile keys and how quiet they are.

The search goes on.

TT Esports has a pretty decent line of membrane keyboards, I've had one that I used for a few years of heavy use with no issues.

Only downside is that some of them look a bit cheesy.

Edited by Remlap

I used a roccat ryos for a long time - Cherry Brown switches in those and it's a really nice keyboard for daily / gaming use.

Earlier this year the roccat stopped working though (the X went out), and after trying a bunch of keyboards I settled on the Logitech G910 which has Logitech's "romer-g" switches... To think I hesitated.

The G910 is stellar. Highly recommended.

the corsair have

The O ring idea could help with one of my issues which is cool. I didn't know about that option.

This was my last awesome KB:

31637439-2-440-overview-1.gif

Responsive, quiet, low profile and a few bells and whistles.

Since I cant find a great membrane KB I'm leaning towards G710

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.png

The corsair strafe has the option to be fitted with the cherry red silent which has such a ring to silent them.

Well since you have an idea on which kind of switches you want, I would recommend you on trying them in a store or if someone you know has one.

With a keyboard it’s always nice to try it before you buy it, you can always send it back of course but yhea if you're not sure on which one you might have to send two keyboards back which is a hassle.

Currently I’m using a Corsair k70 (RGB) with red switches, i prefer those because they are quitter and still feel good when pressing them. i have mine for a year now and i still think it was a good purchase.

I hope that you are able to make the right decision with the information from the comments, good luck.

Btw let us know which one you got.