Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Druid Sound FX - Official discussion thread

Fly on the Wall: Shut up and take my money...that I already gave you...during the kickstarter.

Druid Video: One of the things I'd like to see for the druid is a more significant essence indicator. Either a visual effect (on the UI or character, like maybe have a sparking effect or something) when you're about to get essence burned or literally a line on the UI that shows you where 80% is. Also the sound effects sound great by themselves but, I'd prefer to have outside noises mitigated somewhat so that you don't get so much sound effect spam in large battles. Not only does it become very chaotic sounding but, if you have 5 of the same archetype in close proximity the sound cues become confusing. I think it would feel better to have your own sound effects slightly louder than the other people around you.

Edited by IdeaMatrix

All the making of the effects videos (both visual/animation and sound) helps us understand why even little additions to the game take so long.  And it's kinda cool getting the "making of" stuff.  

What I would really love to get, though, is a game mechanics info dump.   Explain to us (with math!) what attack power does, what the base crit chance is, how items and skills modify the base mechanics, what efficiency means (reduced resource cost per power use, I assume), etc etc.  You've said the power curve is fairly low, and that 4 mid-"level" characters should be able to hold their own vs a maxed out character.  As it appears right now, the power curve isn't even that steep.  Skills have a pretty negligible effect at this point.  Is that intended?

And finally, your bonus video is PvE farming during one of the matches?  That's a pretty small bonus.

Edited by durenthal

All the making of the effects (both visual/animation and sound) helps us understand why even little additions to the game take so long.  And it's kinda cool getting the "making of" stuff.  

What I would really love to get, though, is a game mechanics info dump.   Explain to us (with math!) what attack power does, what the base crit chance is, how items and skills modify the base mechanics, what efficiency means (reduced resource cost per power use, I assume), etc etc.  You've said the power curve is fairly low, and that 4 mid-"level" characters should be able to hold their own vs a maxed out character.  As it appears right now, the power curve isn't even that steep.  Skills have a pretty negligible affect at this point.  Is that intended?

And finally, your bonus video is PvE farming during one of the matches?  That's a pretty small bonus.

If they give us all that stuff what am I going to do during down time when we have some persistent servers? :D

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

What I would really love to get, though, is a game mechanics info dump.   Explain to us (with math!) what attack power does, what the base crit chance is, how items and skills modify the base mechanics, what efficiency means (reduced resource cost per power use, I assume), etc etc.

Something like this is a good start:

Crowfall – Systems Chat I: Intro to Systems Design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9WHye_iTsQ

Would love to see more of this though! :)

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

All the making of the effects videos (both visual/animation and sound) helps us understand why even little additions to the game take so long.  And it's kinda cool getting the "making of" stuff.  

What I would really love to get, though, is a game mechanics info dump.   Explain to us (with math!) what attack power does, what the base crit chance is, how items and skills modify the base mechanics, what efficiency means (reduced resource cost per power use, I assume), etc etc.  You've said the power curve is fairly low, and that 4 mid-"level" characters should be able to hold their own vs a maxed out character.  As it appears right now, the power curve isn't even that steep.  Skills have a pretty negligible effect at this point.  Is that intended?

and what goddam armor class (separate from damage resistances) does in relation to whatever magic vodoo attack power does..........

-

it would be very interesting to see a cumulative effect of what our skill training does (either when you mouse over a specific node - or for all your training)

i'd suggest something like PATH OF EXILE's unoffical skill tree planner - where you can see a list of your cumulative benefits on the left

http://i.imgur.com/s7VVBD1.png

-

there is some pretty noteworthy progression hidden in the skills at the moment:

such as changing ranger's range from 40 meters to 60 but the rest is really hard to see all together.

-

they didn't even do joint /dance on the "grove video".........amateurs...!

now who wants to name either a guild or a band "psychedelic magic chaos"?

p.s. my favorite game related sound FX trivia lately:

OVERWATCH's "hit effect" sound when you attack someone = "the sound of a beer bottle opening" [source]

-

so does anyone else add their own sound effects to certain events while testing in their mind?

the BEGIN message makes me think of epic rap battles from youtube example

and the druid's nature's avatar makes me think of overwatch's mercy damage beam - "damage boost engaged" example

...just me..? :)

Edited by Tinnis

Druid powers look good and the sounds are awesome as well.  Kinda mad I missed this last snap test :(.  Was told about it the day of and forgot about it doing yard work..  Hopefully there's another one this weekend.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

What I would really love to get, though, is a game mechanics info dump.   Explain to us (with math!) what attack power does, what the base crit chance is, how items and skills modify the base mechanics, what efficiency means (reduced resource cost per power use, I assume), etc etc.

I would like that, too, but the problem I see with it is them giving us that info then that info changing in the future with the addition of new archetypes, powers, and balancing.

More thunder!  I also love that fairy dust sound which I think is the "wind-chimes-tinkly-shimmer-magic"   :D

Edit: And RIP to the 3 druids that died in the making of the other video.

Edited by miraluna

tiPrpwh.png

Nice vids! The druid is looking pretty great, although a full group of them is not ideal it would seem :)

Also awesome making of vid, cool stuff!

Officer of The BlackHand Order