Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms (MMO)

courant101

I just saw this news on MassivelyOP: Bigpoint is still working on a Game of Thrones MMO

So apparently the game was announced in 2012, it's supposed to be an upcoming free-to-play, browser-based PvP MMO. The initial release date was announced for 2013, so there are some important delays, but Bigpoint has tweeted today that it's still getting developed.

Features (from the 2012 Engadget article):

• PvP-based
  • Political and large-scale military conflicts
  • Territory ownership: "All lands except for King's Landing, which will be neutral, can then be conquered and controlled by the different factions."
  • Players can vote to elect a player to become Hand of the King for a week
  • No class archetypes; all skill-based, players get skill points to spend in abilities
  • Directional action-combat; no auto-attacking, movement will be WASD, and the 1-3 keys correspond to high, medium and low strikes
  • The game is graphic and mature, 16+ rating
  • PvE and some quests but no massive questing system
  • Siege system: 8 castles (50v50), 16 forts (30v30) and many keeps (20v20)
  • No crafting

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVG6mVhMolE

30_3_2012_screen1.jpg

got-big-2-1331287680.jpg

interesting but warning bells a ringing at "free-to-play" and "browser-based"

i've had very little positive experience with free to play model and despise it

[exceptions being say DOTA2 and Path of exile cosmetic only models)

similar warning bells for any 'branded' game of a tv show, film or book etc

Edited by Tinnis

free2play = pay to win :D   not worth to try

You're right the cash flow have to be from cash shop or early adapters /access via payment walls "$100 up to $200?"

I mean there will be crazy fans of Game of thrones willing to pay that much.. but that one down side of our fall as gamers.

We eat these fishy free 2 play titles because you guess your little bit of money does help the development where reality it doesn't..

The most funded free 2 play titles get investors to pay the funds and get back of their investment when they include cash up.. and etc.

so i washed my hands away from "Free 2 play" at 0 dollar cost titles.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

interesting but warning bells a ringing at "free-to-play" and "browser-based"

i've had very little positive experience with free to play model and despise it

[exceptions being say DOTA2 and Path of exile cosmetic only models)

similar warning bells for any 'branded' game of a tv show, film or book etc

Yea browser-based usually means lot of lag and very limited possibilities compared to a real client. The fact that the game was supposed to launch in 2013 and Bigpoint hasn't given much details since 3 years (afaik) is not reassuring either.

I've played many free-to-play games in the past, some were excellent, but I agree this pricing model surely isn't the fairest. We'll see how it plays out but currently I got close to zero interest in that game.

lol browser based and castle sieges of fixed sized opponents is yawn boring. This is a very clear and blatant capitalization of the Game of Thrones franchise. I'll chalk this up to a poor mans Elder Scrolls Online.