Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Possible new MMOs at E3 2016

Urahara

Hello,

I was looking into some rumors about new MMOs being revealed at E3 2016.

Here is what I found.

Fallout Online, an MMO in the Fallout franchise could be announced by Bethesda. Many people seem to be hoping for this to happen.

http://mein-mmo.de/fallout-5-online-survival-game/

http://www.gulli.com/news/27087-fallout-online-oder-the-elder-scrolls-6-bethesda-kuendigt-e3-event-an-2016-02-08

EA might show a new MMO.

An MMO in the Dragon Age universe could be possible.

Maybe the already announced new Mass Effect game could be a shared world/Hybrid MMO as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIyOlMy32Bw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDDwKjAYhJs

Ubisoft stated they gonna announce a big new multiplayer title this year, likely happening at E3.

http://2p.com/42923969_1/E3-2016-5-MMOsOnline-Games-We-Wish-to-See-This-Year-by-Fury116.htm

A State of Decay MMO could be announced. This seems very likely to be happening.

http://2p.com/42923969_1/E3-2016-5-MMOsOnline-Games-We-Wish-to-See-This-Year-by-Fury116.htm

I am personally hoping that NCsoft will announce a new MMO which is like EverQuest Next anytime soon, hopefully.

Also there was a new Space MMO announced by a new company recently, in case you have missed it.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/25/dual-universe/

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Interesting but some games lose their soul when transplanted into an MMO environment when they weren't previously.

for instance I thoroughly enjoyed Skyrim but when I tried the weekend trial of Elder scrolls online it really did not work for me and did not carry over the reasons I enjoyed Skyrim at all.

I would be similarly dubious of both mass effect and dragon age - both single player franchises I have played and enjoyed.

As I side note though - I did really like the co op 'dungeon crawling / survival' style multiplayer that Mass effect and Dragon age inquisition had - but I don't think it would of been enough for a whole game comparing to their single player narrative experiences. 

Edited by Tinnis

Once upon a time Bioware was one of my favorite game developers, nowadays I wouldn't touch an MMO made by EA/Bioware with a ten foot pole. 

I think there's a higher chance for the new Mass Effect to be an action game in all honesty. There was a mass exodus of leading ME developers quitting Bioware and in some financial meeting somewhere EA was discussing the need to dip into action games more, and the name Mass Effect was mentioned. Either way, MMO, action game or RPG, I'm not holding my breath for that game. 

I doubt Bioware/EA will go for the MMO route. Their previous MMO ventures were lackluster, to say at least. They can make great single player RPGs but developing an MMO is a different thing and i dont think EA/Bioware has the experience to handle it.

As much as i would like to see a Dragon Age MMO, some things are better left untouched.

As long as no one releases a mmo with changeable/destructable environment and decent graphics like EQ:N was meant to be, i'm not interested in any of those.

And i don't mean only destroyable castles. I want to be able to dig tunnels, change the way a river flows, make big explosions which leave craters in the world, pile up hills/moutains... I'm even okay with the landscape healing itself, if i move away for a longer time... or an approach like CF does with just resetting gameworlds.

There's more things i would like to have like meaningful crafting, cool instances with lots of tiers where each higher tier increases difficulty by a lot and rewards by a little...

I personally prefer active training instead of passive training. And i prefer PvE over PvP. And i would prefer to have just one character and trait how i want (mage/tank/dd/heal/stealthy/CC/mixed) and with the ability to change traits once in a while instead of playing lots of alts. But all of that does not really matter much.

The changing environment for me is the only real thing i'm hoping for which would made me start another mmo. I don't even care about story or quests. for story i can always play lotro or offlinegames. good stories are made by players playing the game anyway, if the world allows it.

Edited by Gromschlog

The gaming industry is dead!

Players/Gamers have to finance/make games on their own nowadays it seems!

So lets start.

I got a million of awesome ideas for awesome games!

Edited by Urahara

did someone play spellforce? its a mix of rpg and strategy game, where your hero(es) grow from map to map and get stronger, but you will have to build up new bases and gather and craft and build up armies in each new map, but still could roam around with your hero(es) in the map, which were much stronger than parts of your army, but would lose to bigger groups. imo, this could be used in mmos, too, although it should be quite expansive to get and hold bigger armies to stop players from ruling the world just alone with a big army :P

i would like to have to play just my hero but have the ability to send troops in the battle with some commands. like 'transport those goods' or 'attack that village' or 'control my borders' or, if a war comes up and one gathers on a battlefield with 20 players vs 20 players, that one commands ones 100-1000 soldiers in the battle and joins the fight oneself... where the player-played heroes obviously would be as strong as 10-20 soldiers or something like that.

would be quite realistic, wouldn't it? but i know this type of battle only in browsergames or offline-games. maybe, one problem for mmo would be those big battles with thousands of soldiers and tens/hundreds of players. maybe, its just too much today to make it run fluidly.

i wonder, if crowfall runs well, if the thrall-system could get expanded to something like that

Edited by Gromschlog

So announcements of a Fallout MMO or an EA MMO are both out of the question for this year's E3 ^^

The biggest news from Bethesda is a Skyrim remake, and the new Mass Effect Andromeda trailer hardly showed anything new. 

Destroy all the major companys in the gaming industry and rip them apart!

But in the end its the fault of the consumers anyway.

Gaming becoming mainstream was the death penalty for ambitious game development!

Edited by Urahara