Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Confessor Refresher - Official discussion thread

Haven't played Confessor lately but the word in comms from those playing her is that she is much improved. And I noticed she was a tad bit more slippery when trying to sticky to her with the knight. 

Really good stuff. One of my biggest concerns about the game was that combat looked very stationary due to characters being so immobile during attacks. This is a step in the right direction.

Agreed, ranger is unbelievably terribly horribly woefully slow.

+1

Ranger is soooo slow... good job on the confessor though.

Faster, FASTEERR

+1

Another faster Ranger advocate here. Id love for move fluid movement and using skills on the move. Stationary charging abilities makes an agile class a sitting duck. 

25hmzbo.png

Snappier animations are always welcome!  

I'm a little confused by this update and the powers prediction one concerning warmup animations, however.  The powers prediction one implies the length of an animation for a skill will be dependent upon network latency due to the server authority model being implemented (is it in-game now for all powers or just a select few?).  Animation changes like the confessor's implies results upon use, like we typically expect from a game.  Has the prediction model changed at all or will the animations still varying in speed/length based on latency to ensure 100% server authority accuracy across all clients?

Gaunsaku

Elder, Lords of the Dead

lotd.org

Snappier animations are always welcome!  

I'm a little confused by this update and the powers prediction one concerning warmup animations, however.  The powers prediction one implies the length of an animation for a skill will be dependent upon network latency due to the server authority model being implemented (is it in-game now for all powers or just a select few?).  Animation changes like the confessor's implies results upon use, like we typically expect from a game.  Has the prediction model changed at all or will the animations still varying in speed/length based on latency to ensure 100% server authority accuracy across all clients?

The first 0.3s of all animations currently in game were defined as warmup. Then depending on the latency, those .3s will be sped up or slowed down to give the server time to give the Okay. I believe the server authority model has been used since 1.0, but I'm not entirely sure.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

What do you think of the changes to animations, particularly for the Confessor?

FULL STORY

i think the changes to animations are uhh

good

i also think Eric "Mad Dog" Doggett is also good

his beard is very good

his animation miming skills are also top notch im relaly impressed by that because it gave me a better picture

especially animation miming the confessor dash with his fingers along the table, that was a treat

ty 4 this panncake~ emot-h.png

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

0zcp0yI.gif

I mentioned it already in this thread, here's what I meant ^ it doesn't look natural imo that every time the character stops, the confessor abruptly changes pose with the arm raised in the air and the book apparently teleporting to its position.

Also a user on Youtube pointed out that the character doesn't have an animation when it rotates (looking around with the mouse without pressing WASD), could appear more natural if the feet were animated while the character is rotating.

Edited by courant101

I like it!  The attacks are snappier and more clear.  I like the subtle gestures - they convey attitude.  It just feels better.  In contrast, the old animations were too swoopy.

That said, I'm not a fan of the strafing animation.  It feels too abrupt and awkward.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger