Find results in...

What kind of PvPer are you? [Poll]

Keaggan

27 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of PvPer are you?

• Honorable White Knight/Lawful Good
    • Ganker/Chaotic Neutral
    • Griefer/Chaotic Evil

Well since we can't make polls in the General Discussion forum I'll drop this here. 

In a thread about what's a griefer a post from Waikiamukau out lined three types of PvPers. I found it really interesting and felt it covered most all types. Each are valid ways to PvP leading to our own personal enjoyment in battle. With all the varied personalities we have here I'm curious how everyone sees themselves.

I'll re-post the details and each type here. Everyone please vote and give us an example why your preference is the most fun way to PvP.

• 1) Honorable White Knight/Lawful Good type - The guys that want level playing fields as much as possible.  Equally matched sides (skill level/gear/troop numbers).  All things being equal, victory comes down to someone slipping up or seizing the moment when a tactical opportunity arises.  They don't want to gank as there is no honor or fun for them in it.  Stabbing a peasant in the back?  No thanks.
  • 2) Ganker/Chaotic Neutral type - The guys that appreciates a fair fight as much as an unfair fight.  Our forces outnumber them 3:1?  Awesome!  Let's kick their butts!  Passing through an area and come across someone who they can defeat with little to no risk?  Won't even hesitate.  They have catapults, we have ballistas, let's gooooooo!  Free For All!
  • 3) Griefer/Chaotic Evil type - The guys that will go out of their way looking for those who can't defend against them.  And will corpse camp you.  And will prevent you from doing whatever activity you were doing when they came across you.  Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.  To the point of causing you to either A) gather a group to stomp them into the ground or   B) logoff and go do something else.   Find a complete and total overriding pleasure in pushing the limits of a game's rules when it comes to PvP.

Why is there no "Chaotic Good"?

I do love some good fair 1v1s with bow/wave/etc, but if you are picking my seeds (MY SEEDS ARE MINE TO EAT!), I'll follow you until the end of the world to kill you in different but *painful* ways! Traps, ganks, sniping, pushing off a cliff, pulling into a volcano, running over with a battering (t)ram, whatever the game allows.

The whole picking fair fights only thing seems like it is for people who want to roll a warrior toon, but not a fantasy warrior toon, a social justice warrior toon. 

When you get to my level of mastery all you can hope to do is try to fight against the most challenging odds possible hoping that it can push you to your peak performance. 

I mean if a game calls for corpse camping I might still do it from time to time on principle, not because I enjoy the other person suffering, but because them enduring the experience helps polish them as a more hardcore breed of pvper. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

winning with much more people is very easy in most cases and easy things are boring.

losing outnumbered is demotivating, as one had no chance either way.

winning/losing fair fights helps both sides as it depends on skill and you might even learn to get better if you lose.

i like winning, but i don't get more fun by destroying others just for the sake of it, therefore im 1)

im the pkk'er from dot hack evilbuddy.001.gif

im also gonna make a bunch of emot-words.gif on y this is atcually a good thing

no u see bcuz it will be good 4 the economy and my lifestyle choices in this mmo will help people out

im also gonna make a bunch of emot-words.gif on how i will be the best player on the serber and how ill be really badass and stuff like doing a bunch of backflips and killing people in cool ways like in my favorite animes

wellt hanks for reading and thanks 4 lettin me share about what kind of pvper i am

its nice to have a soapbox and get things off my chest and allow me to valid8 myself

namaste

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

• 3 months later...