Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Official] Community Voice Server List

Keaggan

On 6/17/2016 at 2:44 PM, Pann said:

Pinned. You're the keeper of the VOIP flame now, Keagz. Don't let me down. ;)

From time to time some creates and public voice server with the idea of having voice chat during testing. So my goal with list is 1) bring some attention to what is currently out there and 2) consolidate some Yo help build larger more active ones.

I'll keep editing this list as time goes on. If a server is no longer active or players are moving to another please let me know. Also if you want your server added to the list post it here.

I hope we can get some lively and constant voice communities for testing and beyond!

Crowfall Discord ServerDiscord.me/Crowfall

Youma's Crowfall Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/0MDCm6IEmg2rbyTZ

Apok / TBT: https://discord.gg/0...DdLOWk6wjW1RDb

If you are needing permissions for Crowfall, send Apok, Colden, or Kraken a message.

German Teamspeak Server: ts3.crowfall-community.de

Thread link - http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5416-crowfall-communityde-german-fansite/?p=130248

Edited by Keaggan

Good work! And its nice to see we're beeing remembered xD

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

The community voip servers are a good idea!  Meet some peeps and don't have to join a guild!  It would be nice to see some more groups get formed and people stop complaining about organized groups stomping on randos.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

I'm all for having options but, shouldn't there be a primary server so people don't spread out across multiple programs?

Yes, but good luck getting people to agree on where to go!

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

If the discord server(s) is(are) used, I'll withdraw my mumble server so as not to split the userbase.  I was under the impression from the chat in the lobby that there was still a need for a voice server, so I made mine available.

@blazzen You have some really cool ideas. The discord server I set up has a some people that play on it already. How about joining my discord (it's a sweet program) and I'll make you an admin so you can make roles and add the features you like. Click the link above and I'll add your role when I get off work!

@durenthal That's a great gesture do help bring the community to one place. Join ours (blazzen & mine) and I'll make you a MOD to help him take care of business. You seem like my kind of old school gamer!

Edited by Keaggan

so the one you posted above was:

Youma's Crowfall Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/0MDCm6IEmg2rbyTZ

there was also another one run by Apok / TBT: https://discord.gg/0nDdLOWk6wjW1RDb 

(http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/11587-tbt-discord/)

this has become quite messy (typically while I was away travelling so couldn't chime in)

i've added a page to my tester site for the two established discord servers

https://sites.google.com/site/crowfallresource/home/testing-voice-chat

i have not used either for voice chat during testing so unable to judge which is used more test to test

Edited by Tinnis

I'm all for having options but, shouldn't there be a primary server so people don't spread out across multiple programs?

I also think that it would be great to have one main Crowfall chat for all the community, on top of all the guild/fan servers.

I also think that it would be great to have one main Crowfall chat for all the community, on top of all the guild/fan servers.

The first problem is to find a program everyone likes and wants to use. The gamer community is spread out of a lot of different programs. Discord, Mumble, Teamspeak, Gamevox, Ventrilo, Curse Voice. And I think I even forgot a few. Discord, Mumble and Teamspeak seems to be the big ones.

We, as Caldera, use Discord for the persistent chat functions and the excellent support and development of new features. While Teamspeak still has some features that Discord doesn't have it is just a matter of time for Discord to catch up. Their feedback page is filled with suggestions and planned features. It is also a modern application, with mobile and web clients. For me it is the only option I would even consider to use really for building a community chat. I only hear positive noises coming from our members for us using it.

I know this sounds like an advertisement, but who cares. I love Discord!

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

The first problem is to find a program everyone likes and wants to use. The gamer community is spread out of a lot of different programs. Discord, Mumble, Teamspeak, Gamevox, Ventrilo, Curse Voice. And I think I even forgot a few. Discord, Mumble and Teamspeak seems to be the big ones.

We, as Caldera, use Discord for the persistent chat functions and the excellent support and development of new features. While Teamspeak still has some features that Discord doesn't have it is just a matter of time for Discord to catch up. Their feedback page is filled with suggestions and planned features. It is also a modern application, with mobile and web clients. For me it is the only option I would even consider to use really for building a community chat. I only hear positive noises coming from our members for us using it.

I know this sounds like an advertisement, but who cares. I love Discord!

As you say there are many programs but only a few big ones offering convenient features, ease of use, voice/text chat, etc. I know about Discord and how some crowdfunded games like Camelot Unchained and Chronicles of Elyria use it as their primary community chat. I know that Teamspeak is great, Ventrillo and Slack too, but they are more suited for specific uses in either text chat or voice.

Someone could always make a pool on the forum with the different options and see what the community wants.

The advantages of having one chat for the whole community (in addition to the existing guild servers) are pretty big, it's a good way to build stronger ties, easier to coordinate event or share the news, and it could encourage ACE to come discuss with us from time to time.  ^_^

As long as the chat is neutral (created by people from different guilds, let's say) and not strictly moderated, I think it could be great.

Edited by courant101

As you say there are many programs but only a few big ones offering convenient features, ease of use, voice/text chat, etc. I know about Discord and how some crowdfunded games like Camelot Unchained and Chronicles of Elyria use it as their primary community chat. I know that Teamspeak is great, Ventrillo and Slack too, but they are more suited for specific uses in either text chat or voice.

Someone could always make a pool on the forum with the different options and see what the community wants.

The advantages of having one chat for the whole community (in addition to the existing guild servers) are pretty big, it's a good way to build stronger ties, easier to coordinate event or share the news, and it could encourage ACE to come discuss with us from time to time.  ^_^

As long as the chat is neutral (created by people from different guilds, let's say) and not strictly moderated, I think it could be great.

frankly in an ideal world - especially due to the current woeful in game communication features - ACE should of created their own 'official' 3rd party server for testing right from the start of public playtests

e.g. a single discord server and added a link to it on their website or the game launcher

but far too late for that and many would cry about big brother moderation i bet too

frankly in an ideal world - especially due to the current woeful in game communication features - ACE should of created their own 'official' 3rd party server for testing right from the start of public playtests

e.g. a single discord server and added a link to it on their website or the game launcher

but far too late for that and many would cry about big brother moderation i bet too

I agree that it would probably have created more tensions so an official server might not be ideal at that time. The slack had +100 CF backers registered and ACE was coming to talk from time to time, it served its purpose  for a while. I think the timing is fine for a chat for the whole community. I guess we would just need to know who's willing to participate in its creation / maintenance and which program to use.

Lets all sing the official Crowfall song together in voice chat!

Laalaalaaa, Crowfall

Laalaalaaa, with Gordon and Todd and all.

its more "lets actually play the game with a level of co-ordination and community that is impossible with the in game chat box and compass" for those not already doing so in their guild units - but even those players may sometimes end up having to pub (due to attendance numbers or group size limits)

and for that to work well you need a single community server that is advertised - for instance the two existing discord servers were both woefully under-advised to players to find

• Pann unpinned this topic