Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferrydust

Question about druid gameplay

I just jumped on the druid for the first time. Yeah, I killed myself the first match :D My question is, is there a visual indication of when essence burn will occur? Or is there a way for me to know? I know there is a visual when it happens but I am not sure of the mechanics of when.

I just jumped on the druid for the first time. Yeah, I killed myself the first match  :D My question is, is there a visual indication of when essence burn will occur? Or is there a way for me to know? I know there is a visual when it happens but I am not sure of the mechanics of when.

Hey,

Don't worry - at this point sadly quite a few mechanics are not explained or super obvious in game at all!

Essence burn will kick in when you reach 80% of your essence bar.

You will see a debuff on the right side of the screen that says "Essence Burn"

You will see a floating indicator above your player model that will say "Essence burn applied"

You will see a visual effect above your character of a black fire

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Thanks! So after the 80% essence burn am I safe until it hits 80% again or is it every 20%?

Essence burn will be on you while you are at 80% and over of your essence bar.

You need to switch to Death and burn some off to go below 80% for essence burn to stop. (or use Life's C power Essence Scram)

They REALLY need to put a 'marker' or line or something on the bar...

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

A safe bet is to stay below 50 essence if you can help it. If you feel like you are going to be healing a lot do the 6 - 6 - 6 combo on the life try to apply a buff (i believe for 40 seconds) that will decrease essence gain by 35%.

My indicator were the rappidly floating long red numbers....but guess thats not a good plan for the long run xD

At least I stayed alive for the better part of three matches....

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Is there a way to manage this in combat?  I was out farming stuff, and got hit by another player - and on my first spell, managed to pull essence burn.  So basically, I helped him do his ganking job for him. >.<

Anyone have suggestions?  Basically just - always do whatever you need to keep essence low, even when harvesting?  Harvest in death form?  Clearly, I can use the help, because that was just a debaucle.

Is there a way to manage this in combat?  I was out farming stuff, and got hit by another player - and on my first spell, managed to pull essence burn.  So basically, I helped him do his ganking job for him. >.<

Anyone have suggestions?  Basically just - always do whatever you need to keep essence low, even when harvesting?  Harvest in death form?  Clearly, I can use the help, because that was just a debaucle.

Maybe use essence scram? Never played a druid but wasnt this the reason this skill exist?

Death Tray LMB is a great way to get rid of essence. But usually you'll want to keep it up when farming(in death tray), so if you get jumped, you don't start at zero essence and have no offense skills to use.

Just my opinion though.

Edited by Feur

Death Tray LMB is a great way to get rid of essence. But usually you'll want to keep it up when farming(in death tray), so if you get jumped, you don't start at zero essence and have no offense skills to use.

Just my opinion though.

Yep...   zero essence bad, 60+ essence bad...   try to run about with 25% essence so you can start in either tray depending on the circumstance.   Ususally do not need healing right off so a 5, 6-6-6, 2-hold on a dps partner is the best healing tray opener and will get one enemy down super fast.  Druid-fessor buddy ups are my fav...  I stick to my fessor like glue and buff her every available second until I have to dump essence and 5, 2-2-2...  always always, always though, have your 5 barkskin, or better yet, your 5 SHROUD up at all times.  At this point let the OP legio be the main heals, I try to be ready for my groups healing needs right after my groups legio has popped a C.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai