Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

William Tell pvp 1

WilliamTell

good stuff.

i always enjoy watching and playing a ranger who isn't afraid of charging in daggers first!

i actually prefer the melee tray on the ranger and might even say its more fun than some of the pure melee archetypes sometimes...

(rather than the rangers that are scared to bring the daggers out ever!)

but er you have more shiny tools in the melee tray than just the left click and movement powers you know... :)

Edited by Tinnis

Thanks guys and yes I like the mobility the default dagger attack gives me against stationary or running targets. It's my playstyle however, I am still learning the game and al the skills so eventually I will be using more and more abilities properly. I think I prefer the dagger tree at this moment and use archery to support and close the distances. I'm sure this will also change with time. Really fun class and I am sticking with it.

I am glad you guys enjoyed the video. More to come!

25hmzbo.png

my melee ranger tips:

and yes it can be a pain to use some of the powers comparing to being on the move!

#3 sweep and jab is really good energy efficient damage. first part gives an nearby ally +15% damage for next hit and jab auto crits.
(crits have a chance of restoring 50 energy). low 2-3 second cooldown.

#4 cross slash is a good bleed and second free cast. can stack bleed 2-3 times on a target. great against runners or say a knight (bleeds go through block if applied before)

#6 combo is good damage and restores stamina for sprinting or spin step and the second part will apply a weapon break debuff to target so they do 20% less damage.

i generally don't use #2 as far too rooted but good to use with sustain against an idiot. otherwise sustain and left click or jab is better.

also in melee tray your #5 explosive trap is placed at your feet - much faster and far less obvious than the ranger tray throwing version.
Edited by Tinnis

Good video - best use of ranger melee tray I've seen. Most rangers sit in the ranged tray far too long. I think using the ranged tray as a fight opener, gap closer or in a ranged stand off like in a siege situation is the best way to go. When mixing it up in group vs. group it looks like you're better off in melee. The mobility in the melee tray is great because of the shadow step ability plus they increased the distance on the dodge roll recently. Good use of "disengage" also to create distance when you needed it. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

• 3 weeks later...

Good video - best use of ranger melee tray I've seen. Most rangers sit in the ranged tray far too long. I think using the ranged tray as a fight opener, gap closer or in a ranged stand off like in a siege situation is the best way to go. When mixing it up in group vs. group it looks like you're better off in melee. The mobility in the melee tray is great because of the shadow step ability plus they increased the distance on the dodge roll recently. Good use of "disengage" also to create distance when you needed it.

Thanks Blazzen! It was my first night in the game so forgive the lack of melee tree abilties but yeah the melee tree was ideal and more enjoyable. Thanks for watching and saying what I did well. I really do like daggers and you know that from dfuw :)

Edited by WilliamTell

25hmzbo.png