Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Subsistence and the "chicken ticker" - Official discussion thread

Not sure if this will be viewed as an additional layer of something fun or just a general nuisance chore you have to do.

Both.  When you're hungry, it will be a nuisance.  When you burn the crops and/or steal the food stores of your enemies, leaving them desperate and starving as the campaign rolls into winter, it will be fun.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Not sure if this will be viewed as an additional layer of something fun or just a general nuisance chore you have to do.

Or both. I think they can keep it from being a nuisance by tweaking the numbers, but it does add a layer to game play, as it's something that guilds will have to manage/defend. Taking out the enemy's food supply will have serious repercussions.

Both.  When you're hungry, it will be a nuisance.  When you burn the crops and/or steal the food stores of your enemies, leaving them desperate and starving as the campaign rolls into winter, it will be fun.

Todd

ACE

can we poison enemy food too? :)

Why are mana users penalized while none of the other resources are effected?

and knight oh poor knight - taking all that damage and blocking stamina............

It will take 2 hrs to reach the 20% in your food pool when being idle in out of combat.

40 minutes while fighting, not to mention the jumps, stamina used and health lost.

Probably we'll have to hide and eat during a fight before the 30th minute mark if we haven't died yet.

We'll see... I am interested but also concerned about the possibility of the system becoming more of a nuisance.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Todd

ACE

I completely forgot about that part of it.

I just read food and the penalties of the system and it sounded like something you just had to manage. Being able to do things like you explained gives it a broader appeal and could be entertaining.

REQT

40 minutes while fighting, not to mention the jumps, stamina used and health lost.

Probably you'll have to leave the fight before the 30th minute if you haven't died yet.

We'll see... I am interested but also concerned about the possibility of the system becoming more of a nuisance.

Well, you won't actually be fighting for 30 straight minutes. I'm sure you'll find some time in there to eat something.

Maybe move mana regen to be with stamina at the lower rate. No mana means people basically cant do anything, where as with no stamina people can still move. Having no mana at 70% mean people would have to stop mid fight and eat very frequently i think

Love the idea tho, cant wait to burn some crops and starve some people out

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

mmm I find this kinda troublesome unless food is easy to get, which in the recent tests it wasn't -_-. I don't want to have to log off every time i want to get a drink of water to maximize my time on my food pool. Take out the stamina use and the jumping and when the game launches change the timer to like 10 minutes per 1 point of decay if the pool is going to be that small. Also take out the natural mana regen part, thats way too taxing.

I loved cooking, farming, and alchemy professions in games and done right this could actually be a good thing.

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President

oh by the way RIP MOBILITY

a full bar of stamina is 100

every 2 full bars you use is 1 food point

have fun sprinting and teleporting and leaping around now everyone

If those are the settings in HD now, they didn't seem bad. I lost at most like 2 chicken wings through an entire match.

I don't mind food as a resource but I'm not sure if I like the idea of having a certain number of jumps, damage taken, and stamina usage making your hunger go down.

No issues with the mechanic itself when it comes to in combat/out of combat decay but having to potentially ration jumping may cross over from fun mechanic to annoying.

I'm reserving final judgement though. Maybe it'll all make sense when we're actually playing.

Edited by Zybak