Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jestahr

Trusted Trader should work more like a middle man

I can't speak for others, but I would more inclined to trade my Kickstarter package if the system worked more like an auction or something.

Currently the trusted trader will give me $235 for my Kickstarter Amber, I would personally look to sell for much more than that due to the exclusivity of the packages contents and the incredible amount of VIP received as an early backer for the price.

If the trusted trader program worked more like a middle man where the seller could set their own price to potential buyers then the trusted trader took a % fee I think there would be much more people trading their packages.

I don't think the point of the Trusted trader program is for you to make a profit. More of a safer place to sell/trade the packages and items.

Exactly my thought too. Trusted traders pay for the website, employees that make the transactions and customer support, plus a certain fee that goes to ACE I believe. I guess that how they've set their prices is in their opinion the best way to make profit.

Middle men can work well, but it's hard to find one who is reliable and will not keep a large % from the transaction. (ideally a volunteer, but who would want to do it)

Basically the sum of money offered by the TT sucks imo, but since it's safe some people prefer to use this service rather than risking getting scammed by a stranger via Paypal.

Edited by courant101

That TT is selling KS Ambers for $290 right now. If that price is too low wouldn't they rapidly sell out?

I wouldn't be surprised if KS Ambers someday sell for a healthy profit, but I don't think that time has arrived yet, and I don't think auction-style sales would change that.

IhhQKY6.gif

Like they stated, the Trusted Trader program probably won't work as a middle man either. We toyed with the idea on theDregs and even had some middle men volunteer to act as one for a transaction fee (those players no longer around), but there was never a need. Most players did transactions with each other and just assumed the risk (I did one this way).

Not to mention there's no place you can advertise or request said transaction anyhow...(Angry Crows maybe)

My understanding was ACE acknowledge that players will naturally be inclined to trade packages (yes, even for profit) and that they would prefer to provide a safe method of doing so.

The current iteration of the program doesn't seem worth while.

The trusted trade is a middle man but the demand for CROWFALL items is not there yet hence the low sell prices. They have at least one of almost every pack on sale right now at either a discount price than they orignally sold for or right around the same price. IF/WHEN more people buy accounts from them the price/value of the packs will rise.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA