Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CrowFall player Population...1million, 5million, 10 milllion or under 750k?

I think that on launch we will probably be looking at 50k-100k players, we may loose some or gain some depending on the state of the game at launch obviously the game isn't going to have a perfect launch. We could be looking at around 50k-100k players a few months after launch and could see a growth in population as the game progresses however I doubt the game will ever go over 250k players and that'll probably be the amount of players we will have at the games peak. This game was never intended to be a massive hit, its meant to be a game with a small/medium sized community that are very dedicated to the game, I'd like to see 1 million players but it just won't happen, most of the members i've seen in the forums seem to be realistic about what they expect Crowfall to be and as long as it stays that way Crowfall could well be a successful game with a dedicated community.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think we have a fixed plan for launch already in mind.  We'll be very agile about the process rather than have some monolithic plan that will never survive contact with reality.   As the gam

50-150k on release, could go up higher or drop dramatically depending on word of mouth. If they screw up early access, almost guaranteed death sentence.   I'd like to see 250k+ but I doubt there wil

It was never going to get anywhere near 1 million any point in the near future. They would literally have to catch lightning in a bottle to pull off that feat. This game from the outset was probably s

I'd like to see more but 100k isn't a bad start especially for a game without an IP, 100k for the first few months i'd happily settle for an MMO doesn't have to have millions of players to be successful, it all depends on what the game is like on launch and whether or not it lives up to everyone's expectations but I'm sure they will deliver :)

If you guys had kept a close eye on everything they released you would catch that Todd mentioned 100k people at release would make him more than happy. I think that is not only realistic but very doable. 

I wish there was some kind of layout and breakdown of what they would like to do with the game after release. Just to put it in an example of what can be possible with this game. The sky is truly the limit if you look at where they started and where they are at now and the commitment and attitude of the development team.

You are looking at a game that you can have completely two different experiences across two different campaign . They are not dedicating hundreds of hours of development to create a city expanse that you look at for 10 years. They are creating tools for us to create something that will last weeks or months but then will give us resources to create our own cities(for those who want to anyway).

They are creating the ability for people to experience their own game that will dynamicly change with rulesets they are not afraid to trial, if it goes poorly then they know that is pretty unpopular. So theres very little all or nothing risk with what they can offer, its pretty exciting.

CfWBSig.png

Thought i'd seen somewhere Todd saying something like that I think it was a youtube video, and a layout of whats going to happen would be nice, just so that we can see where they're going to go with the game and anything that they plan to implement into the game at a later stage.

• 4 months later...

Conan Exiles has launched, it has pretty limited features and crowfall should have a lot more depth to pretty much everything that game offers except maybe PvE.

Conan Exiles has already sold 320k copies. 

That's pretty good considering most of what it offers is fairly generic for survival games.

I think crowfall can do pretty well if they can implement even mediocre versions of the features they intend to have (I personally believe they will deliver much better than mediocre) but they still really need to make sure combat gets dramatically better.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Conan Exiles has launched, it has pretty limited features and crowfall should have a lot more depth to pretty much everything that game offers except maybe PvE.

Conan Exiles has already sold 320k copies. 

That's pretty good considering most of what it offers is fairly generic for survival games.

I think crowfall can do pretty well if they can implement even mediocre versions of the features they intend to have (I personally believe they will deliver much better than mediocre) but they still really need to make sure combat gets dramatically better.

Yes, sure, but you gotta remember that Conan Exiles has an "Endowment" slider.

Last time i checked, I cant make my Legionairre have a gigantic, waggling, floppy &$@!, so you know, theres that to take into account.

Archetypes I am Interested in: Templar, Legionnaire, Myrmidon, Confessor.
Also, Looking for a Guild, preferably Oceanic but also US West works best for me. (Misery)

I guess Crowfall is best to be compared with EVE Online. With "high sec" being EK and "0.4 - 0.0" being the campaigns. At all times there is about 40k active players playing EVE Online. While CCP does not release subscription numbers educated guesses are between 300.000 and 500.000 subscriptions. With Crowfall being a fantasy setting and using a bit the same graphic style like WoW my initial guess would be between 100.000 and 200.000 the first year of Crowfall. And thats really enough as the campaings won't be as big as the EVE Universe ;)

Crowfall isn't really like eve.

The only differences are EVE being in space, having one big persistent universe and having NPC missions.

EVE has a player driven economy -> Also Crowfall

EVE has pods which gives you the ability to board different ships -> Crowfall has crows to enter other bodies

EVE resource distribution is based on risk vs reward -> Crowfall has the same principle

EVE you need to fly around to get your items -> Crowfall you need to walk to get your items

So tell me, which part doesn't make Crowfall like EVE on a more abstract level?

The only differences are EVE being in space, having one big persistent universe and having NPC missions.

EVE has a player driven economy -> Also Crowfall

EVE has pods which gives you the ability to board different ships -> Crowfall has crows to enter other bodies

EVE resource distribution is based on risk vs reward -> Crowfall has the same principle

EVE you need to fly around to get your items -> Crowfall you need to walk to get your items

So tell me, which part doesn't make Crowfall like EVE on a more abstract level?

Crowfall = action combat

WoW = player driven economy

WoW = you need to walk to get your items or you can fly.

Your comparisons are too broad and can apply to a great many mmorpgs and games in general.

The games play and feel inherently different because one is some space excel spread sheet game and the other is an action combat fantasy game.

Crowfall = action combat

WoW = player driven economy

WoW = you need to walk to get your items or you can fly.

Your comparisons are too broad and can apply to a great many mmorpgs and games in general.

The games play and feel inherently different because one is some space excel spread sheet game and the other is an action combat fantasy game.

WoW is anything but a player driven economy. All valuable items, weapons and gear are drops from NPC's. Second in WoW you walk to the auction house, press buy, and the item is in the mailbox just a few feet away. 

WoW is anything but a player driven economy. All valuable items, weapons and gear are drops from NPC's. Second in WoW you walk to the auction house, press buy, and the item is in the mailbox just a few feet away. 

Nope, WoW has a very important crafting system.  You aren't progression raiding if you don't have people harvesting and crafting pots/flasks/gems etc etc.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Yes, sure, but you gotta remember that Conan Exiles has an "Endowment" slider.

Last time i checked, I cant make my Legionairre have a gigantic, waggling, floppy &$@!, so you know, theres that to take into account.

You joke, but this is exactly it.

The gimmick is a strong motivator. I find it a enjoyable game, but im not going to lie and say the wangsimulator2017 wasent the real reason.

Edited by Vectious

CfWBSig.png

Nope, WoW has a very important crafting system.  You aren't progression raiding if you don't have people harvesting and crafting pots/flasks/gems etc etc.

That's not what most I think would consider a player run economy. In WoW if nobody crafted or sold items you could still get gear by running dungeons and killing NPCs. A player driven economy pretty sure means 99%-100% of gear is player made and traded.

That's not what most I think would consider a player run economy. In WoW if nobody crafted or sold items you could still get gear by running dungeons and killing NPCs. A player driven economy pretty sure means 99%-100% of gear is player made and traded.

Player driven and player run are two different things.