Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for some co-leaders

Rhonim

First of all if you are already in a guild please do not reply to this post unless you plan to leave your guild. 

I am looking for 2 people who are willing to be co-leaders and preferably have had past experience being a guild leader you will have equal control of everything. I am just starting this guild and would like 2 other people to help me take to guild off the ground and get it going. And yes I have had experience with leading guilds. If you would like to apply please apply here http://injusticecrowfall.enjin.com/ keep in mind that nothing on the site is temporary and it is all a rough idea

Thanks and have a great day!

Edited by Rhonim

Thanks! (no luck so far but to be expected as i am a new guild and there are many other good guilds already set up out there ;p)

Edited by Rhonim

No if you only wanna play crowfall play crowfall and as i said nothing is permanent so we may not even play those games they are just ideas

Edited by Rhonim

NA, and we plan to start with 25-50 and may expand depending upon the needs of the guild. And what other types of details are you looking for?

Edited by Rhonim

Hello again. I have been to your website. A Ruby supporter definitely has a lot of raw resources to set a Guild up with straight out of the gate, but I do not see a lot of structural planning to define the style of the guild and to state how it will address typical issues, let alone how it will excite people into joining. Without a communication of this planning, it is hard to assess your vision for the guild.

Myself, I have been vacillating between finding a guild to join and using my backer resources to start my own. To prepare myself either way, I have worked out a structure for the sort of guild I would like to be in. You can see the results of my thinking here in a website that is not really meant for the public yet http://thethirteenthlegion.weebly.com/ . Feel free to take a look around it. If it is the sort of thinking that matches your own (both of you) vision for the game, we should talk further. If it is not, I would still appreciate any constructive criticism. Either way, good luck and enjoy the Alpha testing.

Ok I like the idea and have two things to say. First of all what rank would I be, what rank would you be, and what rank would Mingo (my co-leader be). Also I cannot make a final decision until tomorrow because currently Mingo is on vacation and will not be back until tomorrow.

Also I don't know if you were planning this and  the graph was just a vague example I think there should be either more cohorts or bigger cohorts say 10 players each because from what we can tell in this game we will need a pretty good amount of people because look at siege perilous those teams go up to what? 50? And those aren't even big castles and the offense doesn't have to defend meaning you will need even more people to defend the base when you are in a siege. Again not sure if you were planning this but wanted to clarify.

There is no rush, if we are going to be playing together for a couple of years, we may want to spend more than a day to think about it.

In answer to your questions:

1.   "What rank would _____ be?" I am envisioning a system where rank is not about power, but about service, interest, and talent. In the system I designed, there are naturally 3 top tier leaders each with their own spheres of authority. Each of them also has a "staff" of middle tier leaders (tribunes) to help them in their spheres of authority. The top three break down like this:
  • 1 of them, the Primus Pilus, is in charge of in-game activities:  campaign world objectives, PvP objectives, alliances, diplomacy, "wars," cohort coordination, etc. I believe that in Crowfall this will be a more challenging leadership role than in other games, as there will be multiple campaigns running with different members characters locked into them for different lengths of times. Each campaign world will have its own potential and problems for the guild and its members.  
  • 1 of them, the Keeper of Records, is in charge of EK and out-of-game elements: membership rosters, recruitment, guild supplies databases, website, forums,  and other tech support for the guild  (team-speak or whatever is best these days.) The also manage all of the guild's in-game EK resources. So as campaign world resources are won and transferred to the EK, they are ultimately managed by the Keeper and his or her staff of Tribunes. In-game-play-wise, a player who is interested in running crafting, buys, selling, and other market games,  would be a good candidate for the Keeper or one of his or her Tribunes.  
  • 1 of them. the Legate, is in charge of providing a unifying guild culture. This may seem minor to some people, but I consider it the most significant to a guild I would actually like to play in. People will follow for a while any leader, even an asshat, who can help them gain an advantage in game, but they will find it meaningful and enjoyable to play the game if following that leader is a part of the "story" of the game. This is lore, but it is more than lore. It is the identifying flavor and style of a guild. It is the difference between working in a generic tech department and working for a company like Apple. Having a specific cultural identity to join and play within, significantly enhances the experience of all of the guild members. I see the Legate as the heart and sole of the guild. As such, they cast the deciding vote if the Keeper and the Primus Pilus disagree on a policy that affects the guild as a whole.

Which of the three would I or you be? I honestly don't care which I am. I am ok with not having a leadership role at all if someone else can do it better than me. I have observed and played with too many groups lead by people who lacked actual leadership. So, if need be, I am willing to serve as a leader to get the game experience I want. My concern is to have a guild that improves my enjoyment of the game. That includes enhancing my power to achieve in game goals, but it also includes having a group that I want to log-in order to play with. I know that for any guild I join, the leaders need to be good at leading, and not simply seeking followers to enhance their own power.

Especially after the game launches, I do not think I would be able to be an effective Keeper of Records, or Primus Pilus because I lack the real life free-time to devote to them in a larger guild. But in the pre-launch stages, assuming we do not get an explosion of recruits, perhaps I could.

2.  "How do tribunes, Legate, Keeper of Records work in game."  Tribunes are mid-level managers. They are the staff assisting the Legate, Keeper, and Pilus. How do they work in-game? All of these leadership titles are for players as opposed to characters (though of course you could give your character the same title in game.) The Primus Pilus coordinates all in-game efforts between cohorts. Cohorts are the unit of organization for in-game play, both on the EK and in campaign worlds. Players with Tribune, Keeper, Primus Pilus, or Legate titles would have characters with these titles in the EK's feudal system, but within campaigns their characters would also need to be part of a cohort. The character could lead a cohort, or it could just be a regular member depending on how the player enjoys playing campaigns.

So, if your focus in in-game campaign leadership, you may be interested in being the Primus Pilus. As a player in the guild with this title, you would need to coordinate and manage the cohorts across all of the campaign worlds they are playing in, even if your character is not in that world. But, for your own "play," within the campaign world(s) you put your character(s) into, you could also lead a cohort. That cohort, because of your title, would be the primus cohort, leading the efforts in that campaign world. Even if the Legate and Keeper also have cohorts within that campaign world, the Pilus is the one coordinating guild efforts in the campaign.

3. You are correct on the graph (chart) being limited in explaining the cohorts. The cohorts listed there were just meant as examples of different cohort possibilities. It was not meant to be the actual number of cohorts. There can be as many cohorts as our EK can sustain, and if we wish, it should be possible for the guild to be spread out across multiple EKs, allowing for even greater expansion in the beginning of the post-release game when our combined "backer" packages allow for greater EK size than actual early game player rewards.

The limit on Cohorts is based on the success of the cohort leaders, called Officer of the Vanguard. There can be as many cohorts as can earn in-game resources to sustain their plot(s) of land on the EK. The size of each Cohort is again based on the cohort leaders. Each cohort is expected to maintain their plot(s) on the EK and to contribute a "guild tax" for the greater growth of the guild. (This "tax" is assuming the Devs, who admire EVE online, use a similar structure that allows a guild to collect taxes to develop resources that benefit the guild members.) As long as the cohort, through its leader (Officer of the Vanguard) can meet its EK and "guild tax" obligations, then it does not matter if the cohort has 5 members or 500.

Your concern about in-campaign guild wide coordination for objectives like sacking or defending cities, is a very valid concern. In my system, the Primus Pilus is tasked with leading this coordination of the various cohorts. For example, I assume the larger population cohorts would be armies to attack or defend with, while the smaller population cohorts are likely used for smaller unit tactics such as hit-and-run, decoy, or other specialties (the DEVs have mentioned sappers, transporters, traders, resource gathering, scouting etc.)  Larger cohorts can exert more raw power and 24hour/7days a week coverage of objectives. Smaller cohorts should have greater cohesion and focus at obtaining specific goals. Each cohort leader (Officer of the Vanguard) determines the play style and interest of his or her cohort and the Primus Pilus (and his or her Tribunes) help coordinate all of the cohorts in the united interest of the guild on campaign worlds. Members pick the cohort they want to play with.

Thanks! Personally I really like the idea and I am down for joining however I will have to wait for Mingo to get back because he is a great guy and I don't wanna lose him. 

Edited by Rhonim

Thanks! Personally I really like the idea and I am down for joining however I will have to wait for Mingo to get back because he is a great guy and I don't wanna lose him. 

Hoping that is his real name...because that would rule!

OS_Sig3.png

I am on vacation in the back woods of Maine with a 25 minute drive to the nearest WiFi, and Mingo is off-line for a bit too, so lets put this conversation on hold for a week or so. Then we can all "sit down" and figure out where we are on things.