Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Myrmidon Reveal

Scree

I gotta say, I'm surprised this forum is as dead as it is. Considering the recent reveal, even I found myself excited by this class. 

The idea that an archetype is basically being designed around being the vanguard of any attacking army is really really impressive. Imagine a whole battle group compromised of a front line of these guys? They hit your enemies head on, doing devastating amounts of damage and potentially drawing fire as the first people in range.... only to find out they are basically immune to the damage coming in at them. All during this learning process, the rest of the army scoots up into range and begins unloading on the opponents.

This really seems like the first high-risk + high-skill = huge payout, archetype introduced into Crowfall. 

I'm really digging it. Even if its not a Stealth class this has easily shot up into my favorite Archetype revealed to date.

p.s: high mobility!!!! This guy is going to be epic.

Edited by scree

Mark the calendar! Scree is pleased this day! Hahah

I do agree, this Archetype is going to be bonkers! And just think, the promotional class possibilities with this one should be insane!

OS_Sig3.png

I like archetypes that don't mirror every god blessed game already out there. Taking risks should extend beyond over-arcing systems. Archetypes need to have some risks taken on them, and so far Myrmidon is the biggest risk I've seen them take in deviating from the standard class-selection.

Some games have warriors who are berserkers, but none that are seemingly wholly dedicated to the pursuit (of course... Age of Conan is cheating a little in this specific regard).

There were quite a few clues among the power bar template in the livestream (all combo chains 2 deep other than LMB which is 3 and ends in a bleed, RMB dodge, C ability will also avoid crash), the power creation tutorial, and the discipline list that includes some powers with the source as Myrmidon (for example an AOE root). 

Getting a good vibe already!  This is right up my alley, but I will definitely need to have a stash of spare vessels since I tend to tunnel vision when smashing face and will probably blow myself up quite a bit.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

I would like to test the Myr out before I start loosing my mind over it.

Its kind of like how I want to date a woman before I decide to marry her (I am a "one character only" type of guy).

-fuzz

Edited by fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats

idk y it's quiet. Maybe it's because people don't want a blue mino

Hopefully they have different skin colors for the character creation whenever that comes out. Seems like something they'd likely have. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also super excited about the Myrmidon reveal, I've definitely found my tank class of choice(assuming no horrid nerfs or gameplay issues)

I love the extra run speed, and I'm very much hoping they also have a snare to help teammates finish the job.  If not... that's what disciplines are for!

I'm also super excited about the Myrmidon reveal, I've definitely found my tank class of choice(assuming no horrid nerfs or gameplay issues)

I love the extra run speed, and I'm very much hoping they also have a snare to help teammates finish the job.  If not... that's what disciplines are for!

I know they have an AOE root.

• 2 weeks later...