Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Un]Official Community Discord

Keaggan

Hello everyone!

This is going to be the new home for our Community Discord Server discussion thread.

First off I personally wanted to give everyone a huge THANK YOU for supporting this community server! We have grown by over 800% since we started just nine days ago. This being a community server we've been asking for (and receiving) lots of feedback. Special thanks to Canth, courant101, Scree, MecroMage, Fenris, NocternalDemise, Miraluna, dhose, Cyberspark, and the other dozen of people I know I missed  ;)

The community has been awesome stepping up to really refine our rules, chat channels and roles. Things are cleaner as well as clearer so players should understand where to find the appropriate information long with where to chat. I'd like to highlight some of the features we currently have. We'll edit this main post if we add an update post later with the date it was edited so it will be easy to see the latest information without having to scroll down and scour for it.

As always this being a community server please drop us feedback, questions, ideas, etc either here or on our #feedback_center on Discord.

Crowfall Discord Link: https://discord.gg/0wjluGLmPPK9K6Lw

The biggest change was to our server rules. They've been simplified and stream lined. Now just one set of rules for the entire server.

SERVER RULES

BOT INVASION

• Our first bot is Twitter Bot. It grabs tweets from @CrowfallGame and drops them in our #news section. We are trying to move to a permanent home by hosting in on a third party server like DigitalOcean so it can run 24/7. If anyone has experience with setting up Python based Bots on a VPS please message @Keaggan on Discord.
  • We are looking to add more Bots to add more function including a Wiki Library plus some fun ones that have music, games, trivia and more!

STAFF ROLES

• Admin - They all the power and responsibilities of the server owner except server deletion.
  • Moderator - These dedicated people enforce the rules of server and act as a guiding hand for new comers.
  • Apprentice - When we have an over flow of Mods but still have a place for these trusted members. They have access to the private staff chat an other helpful functions to assist Mods & Admins.

COMMUNITY ROLES

• CF Dev Team - Specially reserved for verified Ace Dev members.
  • Guild Leaders - After having at 4+ guild members plus leader tag up on the server and a link to your guild thread on the CF forums you gain this title.
  • VIPs - Special community contributors like YouTubers, Streamers, Podcaster, community site managers and outstanding active members.
Edited by Keaggan

@everyone After much feedback and heavy discussion we have two viable sets of Roles we will be moving to. Whichever is chosen it will be added to the #house_rules section with their descriptions so all can see what jobs each perform.

**PLEASE VOTE IN THE STRAW POLL BELOW**

**Idea 1**

@Jester: Sever Owner

@Archduke: Co-Admins. They have all the power and responsibilities of the server owner except server deletion.

@Dukes: Power has been split between Dukes & Knights. Dukes are knowledgeable and helpful members here to answer questions, manage new/existing rooms, and promote people to new roles.

@Knight: Moderators for Crowfall Discord. Knights enforce the rules of the server and are the only ones that can ban members.

@Apprentice: These outstanding community members are working toward becoming Knights or Dukes.

@CF Dev Team: Specially reserved for verified Ace Dev members.

@Guild Leader: After having 3+ guild members tag up on the server and a link to your guild thread on the CF forums you gain this title.

@Lord/Lady: Special contributors & VIPs like YouTubers, Streamers, Podcaster, community site managers and regularly active members. Place a link to this Discord in your CF sig to instantly achieve this role!

**Idea 2**

@Owner the jester turned server owner.

@Admins have all the power and responsibilities of the server owner except server deletion. Along with this they handle role promotions.

@Moderators are knowledgeable and helpful members here to answer questions, manage new/existing rooms, and if enforce the rules.

@Trainees are outstanding community members working as junior staff members. This is the group that will we will select to Mods from.

@CF Dev Team is specially reserved for verified Ace Dev members.

@Guild Leader is for those that after having 3+ guild members tag up on the server and a link to your guild thread on the CF forums you gain this title.

@VIPs are special contributors & VIPs like YouTubers, Streamers, Podcaster, community site managers and regularly active members. Place a link to this Discord in your CF sig to instantly achieve this role!

**VOTING CLOSED**

Edited by Keaggan

Hello everyone!

Just a quick update on Crowfall Discord staffing. First off Noc has become our first Archduke (aka Admin)! Please give him a big O congrats when you see him. This means I can go back to the warm embrace of the @Jester role. 

As the community grows so does the need to grow the staff to help run it all. We are looking for 2-3 Knights (Mods) & 1-2 Dukes (Channel/Roles regulators) to help out.

We also will be reaching out to Youtubers, Streamers, Bloggers , Podcasters, & Community Site managers soon. and work on a some cross promotion. If there is someone you think could be a good fit for the Crowfall Discord community please PM Keaggan or Noc either here or on Discord.

Thank you Keaggan! 

A shout out to all the streamers! We love you! Come join the Discord, I'm sure people would love to group with you. 

And I'd also like to welcome any guilds to the Discord channel as well. This is an excellent way to recruit for your guild as you'll be able to talk directly to promising potentials. And also a place to brag about your triumphs! 

We are growing quickly as we get new members that have found us on other sites such as reddit. Some of these new Discorders don't even have a pledge yet, and are asking great questions about the game. So yet another awesome opportunity to help grow the Crowfall Community!

OS_Sig3.png

There's this really crappy 90s song that says "you don't always get what you want but you sometimes get what you need" and that right now applies to Crowfall Discord Roles. After considerable feedback, talk, along with a dash of passionate pleas we now have Staff Roles and Community Roles. 

Staff Roles are @Admin @Moderator & @Apprentice 

Community Roles are @CF Dev Team @Guild Leaders & @VIPs 

For more details on what each of these role are for please take a look at the #house_rules channel or check out the OP edit.

I want to give a HUGE thank you for everyone that stepped up to make the community better during this  :D

• 4 weeks later...

Joined and left the server within a day.

Got notification spammed because of settings on the server, which Discord highly recommend not to use.

Got told that I should change it in my notification settings but that doesn't work on my phone.

Got notification spammed because of settings on the server, which Discord highly recommend not to use.

Got told that I should change it in my notification settings but that doesn't work on my phone.

all controllable. if unable to change the settings on your phone you can log in via web to do so

http://imgur.com/a/4MoDI

https://discordapp.com/login

Tried to PM ya that you could have just changed your notifications in your settings. Thanks for trying it out at least. 

A simple google search might have helped. Maybe we will see ya back, maybe not. 

*Interesting thought* No one else has an issue... someone joins Crowfall 2 weeks ago, but has a 2015 pledge, so obviously bought it from AnsheX. Makes 2 posts, both complaining about the easiest things to fix. Impulsively leaves when multiple people are trying to help. I don't know if they are trolling or what... *shrug*

Edited by NocturnalDemise

OS_Sig3.png

all controllable. if unable to change the settings on your phone you can log in via web to do so

http://imgur.com/a/4MoDI

https://discordapp.com/login

Thank you and i know.

But fully muting a server kinda defeats the purpose to be on the server

If you can think of any suggestions to only have a notification @mention and not all messages on my phone then please tell.

I already tried the logical ones, but for some reason the setting on the server side over rules it on my phone.

Tried to PM ya that you could have just changed your notifications in your settings. Thanks for trying it out at least. 

A simple google search might have helped. Maybe we will see ya back, maybe not. 

*Interesting thought* No one else has an issue... someone joins Crowfall 2 weeks ago, but has a 2015 pledge, so obviously bought it from AnsheX. Makes 2 posts, both complaining about the easiest things to fix. Impulsively leaves when multiple people are trying to help. I don't know if they are trolling or what... *shrug*

I think the problem might be that I'm using PTB for Discord on my computer and I'm using Android 7 as well?

In short the only way to actually disable the constant notifications is to mute the server but if i either mute on my phone or computer it actually mutes it for both.

I have had this issue before and spend half a hour to try different settings and non work.

In the end the Admin of that discord simply changed 1 setting to help me and never had a problem after that.

That setting is actually highly recommended by Discord.

Is there a reason to have that setting to be as it is?

ToMW0P6.png

If I get the reply that I should change it and that it is my problem, even though saying it can not be fixed on my end then I'm not really motivated to stay with the constant notifications. It really gets annoying fast ^^

Edited by Anvh

Bought the game through the official website last month but I only have 2015 badges  :huh:

Thank you and i know.

If you can think of any suggestions to only have a notification @mention and not all messages on my phone then please tell.

I already tried the logical ones, but for some reason the setting on the server side over rules it on my phone.

I think the problem might be that I'm using PTB for Discord on my computer and I'm using Android 7 as well?

In short the only way to actually disable the constant notifications is to mute the server but if i either mute on my phone or computer it actually mutes it for both.

I have had this issue before and spend half a hour to try different settings and non work.

In the end the Admin of that discord simply changed 1 setting to help me and never had a problem after that.

ToMW0P6.png

If I get the reply that I should change it and that it is my problem, even though saying it can not be fixed on my end then I'm not really motivated to stay with the constant notifications. It really gets annoying fast ^^

Admittedly I don't use Discord on my phone. So the only thing I can think of for that is going into your phone notification settings, not just discord, and disable them. 

As for the PC version, that's a lot easier. I just right click the server, go to notification settings. And click "Only @mentions". And it's done. I wonder... since it's the same account, if you do that on the PC, it'll save the setting for your phone. This write-up might help. HERE

OS_Sig3.png

Thank you and i know.

ToMW0P6.png

Hello Anvh!

You're the first one to bring this but might not be the only one that feels this way so I figured I go through some of the options that we uses on Crowfall Discord and what choices you have to adjust your notifications.

First we wanted to give each person the freedom to choose their own person level of engagement thus we left the Default notification settings on All Messages. Since this is the default people can then make the personal decision to adjust each channel or the server as a whole. Some use phones while others are on their PCs only. This may change in the future but seems to work best right now.

Now for the options that you have on the phone I'll drop two images that help silence your phone but you can still easily track the community activity.

9VzsSrt.pngNxalCSn.png

The key part is the Mobile Push Notification. This is a big part of what will ping your phone. With the settings shown above you will only get PM pushes and the rest will be seen as the normal white dot to the left of a server and @mentions in red with numbers. 

With the flexibility that discord gives us it may take a bit a finagling to get it the exact way we personally want. So if you have more questions please ask because you probably wont be the only one wondering about it :)

Hope to see you on Crowfall Discord!

-Keaggan

Hello Anvh!

You're the first one to bring this but might not be the only one that feels this way so I figured I go through some of the options that we uses on Crowfall Discord and what choices you have to adjust your notifications.

First we wanted to give each person the freedom to choose their own person level of engagement thus we left the Default notification settings on All Messages. Since this is the default people can then make the personal decision to adjust each channel or the server as a whole. Some use phones while others are on their PCs only. This may change in the future but seems to work best right now.

Now for the options that you have on the phone I'll drop two images that help silence your phone but you can still easily track the community activity.

9VzsSrt.pngNxalCSn.png

The key part is the Mobile Push Notification. This is a big part of what will ping your phone. With the settings shown above you will only get PM pushes and the rest will be seen as the normal white dot to the left of a server and @mentions in red with numbers. 

With the flexibility that discord gives us it may take a bit a finagling to get it the exact way we personally want. So if you have more questions please ask because you probably wont be the only one wondering about it :)

Hope to see you on Crowfall Discord!

-Keaggan

Thanks

People are still able to adjust per channel or server like always if the "server setting" is set to @mention. Only difference that it makes is how it "defaults".

I assume nobody have it set to make a notification with all messages so it will make it more friendly to players new to discord, since now the get confronted by also adjusting notification settings and such. Discord can be quite overwhelming for someone used to Teamspeak and the likes.

The solution you show doesnt work on my phone, like said already tried most things and what you showed is one of the most logical one =)

Also tried some other things but I either need to fully mute it or live with the notifications.

It looks like Discord server settings overwrites my personal settings unless set to fully muted.