Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Travian is the EU publisher

Hi All,

Yes, let me reiterate: We plan to be hands off on the creative side; we really like the planned feature set for Crowfall.  ACE knows what it is doing on how to design and develop an MMORPG; what Travian brings to the table for the EU and the Mid-East is the infrastructure to publish and the support the game, in several languages and territories. 

We're all pretty jazzed about it, :).

Hi Naur,

I understand your skepticism, but just a couple points:

1. We run a number of successful games, not just Travian.  Such as: Rail Nation, Goal United, United GP, a number of smaller mobile games. Travian itself has gone through a number of major versions; we launched one just last year, in fact.  We've been around for 12 years, have 3 offices and over 200 employees; that implies a certain level of success, :).

2. We run hundreds of servers and support players in 55 countries and 44 languages.  We know how to handle that kind of infrastructure, including the hardware hosting side, account management and in customer support.

3. The business model is not changing; it is the same as exists now.  So, unless you consider Crowfall a P2W game, you have nothing to worry about from us, :).

Hope that clears up a couple concerns for you!

Best,

Jess Mulligan

Director of Publishing/Travian Games

Like... this is joke right ?

Eu is being serviced by company known mostly by 1 ONE one  okish title(travin itself) which is broswer based game ?

Btw that game was released in 2004. after that they have only fails that shutdown faster then you can say poorly made socks.

0 MMORPG experience at all ? I can potentialy by wrong on this one.

Travian itself is (at least was) heavly p2w.

And people are jumping in joy... ?? What is happening ? o.0

Edit : Shared universe saves the day.... ufff...

might be good if ACE set up travian members to have a specific title on profiles here - or coloured names or you put it in 'location' name or something to stand up fyi

Good idea.  When things calm down after the Twitch stream today (12 hours of it!), I'll ask someone to fix me, :).

Thanks for your answers Daylar, welcome and good luck with our murder of crows. ;)

One question that i would like to ask is: in the future (or at least for some time after this announcement), can we expect Travian representatives to answer community questions (or at least show some kind of presence) within the specific non-english sub forums?

To say: can people of these countries/languages ask questions in their language and hope to get answers of the new publisher? Will there be maybe even Q&A Threads, regarding this announcements?

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Hi Kraahk,

Yes, we are putting the people in place right now.  Our plan is to take over the German and French forums first, sometime in the next month or two.  After that, we will gradually add other languages, as we bring on people to be there to answer questions and moderate the forums.

It will take some time, of course; we want to make sure we have good people in there, :). But we are already moving on it.

Jess

Thanks for your answers Daylar, welcome and good luck with our murder of crows. ;)

One question that i would like to ask is: in the future (or at least for some time after this announcement), can we expect Travian representatives to answer community questions (or at least show some kind of presence) within the specific non-english sub forums?

To say: can people of these countries/languages ask questions in their language and hope to get answers of the new publisher? Will there be maybe even Q&A Threads, regarding this announcements?

Edited by Daylar

Few questions;

1) Does this mean EU players will have a separate website / account management / forums etc

2) Am I correcting in thinking I receive all of my Kickstarter content twice? Once per NA/EU?

3) Assuming there is some RMT / Cash Shop mechanic, who is ultimately held accountable for that in the EU?

Regards

Other than the obvious question about if they are up to the task, which they have answered.

How are they going to handle the moderation of the forums. The forums are used for political talks too. They are used for bragging rights. People will get butt hurt. Are you prepared to be more relaxed? Or are you going to more tightly ran?

Thanks Urahara. ;)

And thanks Daylar. :) So i will keep on asking here and via your support email instead of asking things within the sub forums before those next one or two month.

So the next question is: Does that (including this "accept or recline the Travian RoC" thingy) mean that we will get specific forums for each language ... hosted and supervised by Travian employees?

Other than the obvious question about if they are up to the task, which they have answered.

How are they going to handle the moderation of the forums. The forums are used for political talks too. They are used for bragging rights. People will get butt hurt. Are you prepared to be more relaxed? Or are you going to more tightly ran?

The (translated) Travian rules are the same as the old Crowfall ingame rules. They implement the point that ingame conversations might be much more rough and that this will be tolerated until it hurts other rules of conduct.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

My intent is that we handle it much like it is being handled now.  We'll coordinate closely with ACE CMs on communications; they sit with the development team, after all, :).

So, don't expect massive changes early on, :).  As soon as we have our own CMs picked, we'll start integrating into the community.

Jess

Jestahr,

1. We're going to try to keep the website, forums, et al as closely linked as possible.  We're still exploring how to do that (hey, it is early days), but it is important to both ACE and Travian that we keep the communities as closely linked as possible.  Account management MAY be separate.  However, a bunch of us are in Texas right now, working with our counterparts here to learn as much as we can about their tech, so we can make this as seamless as possible.

2.No, :).  You'll get what you paid for, of course, but as we intend to share universes, you'll be able to use your stuff in both regions.  That's the plan, anyway.  As ACE gets more into those development tasks, more info will become available.

3.Any thing you buy in one of our territories, we're (Travian) responsible for the management and support of it.  Like, if you buy a cosmetic item for your EK, we bill you and, if there is some problem, like the item doesn't get delivered, we fix it.  That might mean coordinating with ACE to figure out why it wasn't delivered, etc., but we're responsible for making sure it gets fixed.

Jess

Few questions;

1) Does this mean EU players will have a separate website / account management / forums etc

2) Am I correcting in thinking I receive all of my Kickstarter content twice? Once per NA/EU?

3) Assuming there is some RMT / Cash Shop mechanic, who is ultimately held accountable for that in the EU?

Regards

Sorta welcome, I guess, to the bunch of chaotic crows :)

Little side question, in line with Kraahk I think: if your going to "take over" the german & french forums (sorry, just had to smirk reading this, it sounds so damn aggressive :lol: Kopfkino~), will you be in charge of the news translations, etc as well?

Especially for some of us german speaking people here thats an interesting question - given that we've got two different "translators"/news sources already ;)

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

Yes, as we launch new languages, each will have it's own support forum(s) and moderators.  Those moderators and CMs will be hired and managed by Travian.

This is something we're real familiar with, :).  We do forum support in as many as 44 languages for our game; you can imagine how many people that takes overall.

Note: We will not ram in a bunch of languages quickly.  We'll integrate smoothly, as we find the right people to be CMs and moderators.  I'd rather launch with 10 languages well-managed than dozens poorly implemented, :).

Thanks Urahara. ;)

And thanks Daylar. :) So i will keep on asking here and via your support email instead of asking things within the sub forums before those next one or two month.

So the next question is: Does that (including this "accept or recline the Travian RoC" thingy) mean that we will get specific forums for each language ... hosted and supervised by Travian employees?

The (translated) Travian rules are the same as the old Crowfall ingame rules. They implement the point that ingame conversations might be much more rough and that this will be tolerated until it hurts other rules of conduct.

We'll consolidate everything around our inhouse localization department.  Give us some time; we can only move so fast, :).

Also, expect us to hit speed bumps along the way.  I wish we were perfect, but I've yet to meet anyone that met that definition.

Sorta welcome, I guess, to the bunch of chaotic crows :)

Little side question, in line with Kraahk I think: if your going to "take over" the german & french forums (sorry, just had to smirk reading this, it sounds so damn aggressive :lol: Kopfkino~), will you be in charge of the news translations, etc as well?

Especially for some of us german speaking people here thats an interesting question - given that we've got two different "translators"/news sources already ;)

Just a note: I'll be in meetings with ACE folk all day long.  I'll check in here when we have breaks, but it may take some time to get answers if you have questions.

Jess

Oh, nope, I didn't mean it like "move, move! Faster!"....wouldn't want to put you under pressure. Just wanted to know if it will come around sometime :)

I think most of us look forward to working with you guys. And thanks for answering all of our questions so far!

Edited by Akineko

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share