Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimbolini

Thoughts, Ideas and Recommendations for next stream event.

These are some thoughts and ideas for the next stream event.

(All my opinions of course, please add any you feel would help)

(This list will update as I get longer into the day and events)

Fancier toteboard showing the pledge amounts. -or workable markers :)  

Easier setup in the online store showing the sale price as compared to regular price.

(Also showing any upgrade savings for taking advantage of sale day)

More time for certain segments. (45 min would have been better for graphics, animations)

Audio sync issues first 3 hours. (Sporatic and would go in and out, syncing up and then not)

I honestly don't think they will do another one quite like that. 12 hours for 10k is not a good ROI in the time and resources it takes to put on an event like that.

I honestly don't think they will do another one quite like that. 12 hours for 10k is not a good ROI in the time and resources it takes to put on an event like that.

They might've gained some long term customers though. 

I don't think it was about the 10k.  It was a great way to advertise CF and I think that almost any MMO gamer that was watching probably couldn't help but be intrigued.  ACE's very human and honest style of promotion is rare and even if I end up hating CF I am glad to have contributed a bit of money to the vision for that reason alone.

I think it was about engagement and new players, not upfront money.  More players (Even the ones that don't decide to do a VIP membership) means more content for the people who do.  Keeping the community happy and pushing for more purchases of even low level packages helps towards that goal.

I dunno about the next stream event, but a bit further down the line in development when they really start to have a testing experience that can at least somewhat capture the spirit of the release vision they should definitely do a stream event focused on that, it will really help promote the game.

I saw the live stream as well executed and worth me re-arranging my day off to sync up. Since I'm usually the pessimistic skeptical one around these parts, that should be enough said.

Honestly considering their experience doing this, my only recommendation is to have multiple Q&A sessions with the developers, one for the morning and one for the evening. The actual individual segments put on were all noteworthy to me in one way or another, even if I tuned out for a few of them.