Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overdhose

gathering mechanic

I'm not sure what others think about this, but I hope that I won't have to change cursor mode to collect the different resources after they got extracted, because that can make the gathering process really tedious in my opinion.

Hopefully there will be an alternative at least to clicking, like either pickup on touch / walk over or a key binding to collect.

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

I think there's probably a very specific reason for this type of system and that's 2-fold. The primary reason is to keep people from botting resource gathering. Since the resources spawn dynamically around the node and the quality levels are randomly generated, you'll have to be active to collect your loot. Second reason is that it's a popular game mechanic. Loot piñatas are more satisfying than having stuff drop into your inventory.

I do believe they said you can walk over it.

Will prompt even more tactical thoughts: if you have to defend a pinata-node, it's a bit more challenging than to defend a point on which to click to fill your inventory, I'd guess :)

If we have a keybinding for the extracting/cutting/gathering, then it would be tedious to have another one for collecting, so I hope your right with the "walk-over" IdeaMatrix!

Edited by Akineko

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

I wish they would get rid of the whole "alt" for pointer thing anyways.  I see no reason for it, it does complicate things.  If they were going for a minecraft style of resource harvesting, then why not also go with a minecract style of pickup, and when we run over the resources they are put into our backpack.  They could use the same tech that is used for the orbs from the druid.

lUvvzPy.png

I think there's probably a very specific reason for this type of system and that's 2-fold. The primary reason is to keep people from botting resource gathering. Since the resources spawn dynamically around the node and the quality levels are randomly generated, you'll have to be active to collect your loot. Second reason is that it's a popular game mechanic. Loot piñatas are more satisfying than having stuff drop into your inventory.

I do believe they said you can walk over it.

I actually missed that part of the stream because I joined the eu playtest, so i missed the talk about the exploding pinata node where he effectively mentions walking over resources in another game, so I'm hoping it will be the same in CF. I also might have gotten the wrong impression because in the test they switched to cursor mode to point to individual resources, but still I felt like sharing my concern.

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

since you have to harvest resources I'm guessing you can't assign thralls in your EK's to farm your nodes for you?  or would that be possible in EK's only.

since you have to harvest resources I'm guessing you can't assign thralls in your EK's to farm your nodes for you?  or would that be possible in EK's only.

I'm not sure of Thralls can interact with the game world. They might be able to harvest a generic amount per hour or day. I always assumed thralls were just NPC interfaces for stuff like crafting or selling stuff. At least the non-buff type thralls.

I'm not sure of Thralls can interact with the game world. They might be able to harvest a generic amount per hour or day. I always assumed thralls were just NPC interfaces for stuff like crafting or selling stuff. At least the non-buff type thralls.

well you will have thrall guards in your fortress in the future, so I figured having thrall NPC gatherers wouldn't be much of a stretch either

On 6/27/2016 at 8:59 PM, Durin said:

I liked Wildstar's loot vacuum.  Just press "v" near loot and suck it in. 

+1.  I've only been playing for two hours or so, but one of the things I've been thinking about the most is how great it would be to have  a loot vacuum.

Are they changing the current way we loot? WHY would they do that?! I was just telling a friend the other day it was one thing I thought they got right.  Its fast to pick up, and the sounds make you feel like your in Vegas. when you hit that crit harvest its look OOOHHH what did i just get!!! 

UG things keep getting changed in the opposite direction I would hope they would go. I hope they just leave it.

47 minutes ago, bignick22000 said:

UG things keep getting changed in the opposite direction I would hope they would go. I hope they just leave it.

This thread is from June of 2016.

IhhQKY6.gif