Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

Organ harvesting

I heard that during the stream, that's some disgusting stuff imo. Not sure if it was a joke or not, but I guess it has nothing to do with a Throne War simulator, I doubt anything like harvesting and transplanting organs were common or feasible during medieval ages. I hope the devs are not pushing in that direction. Choosing the traits of a vessel, min-max, appearance, things like that seem cool, but allowing  players to play "surgeon simulator" on other players with organs harvesting is something I'd be very disappointed to see in the game.

Meh, I don't really care. I wish I could actually get the head of an enemy and hang it on the wall of my EK.

What this thread remembered me of.

I think there's a huge difference between bringing back NPCs to our Eternal Kingdom to make them craft stuff, and harvesting organs from other players' corpses.

I think there's a huge difference between bringing back NPCs to our Eternal Kingdom to make them craft stuff, and harvesting organs from other players' corpses.

Well it's all a matter of perspective, dat BBC guy was linking thralls to slavery, and probably in his mind slavery is worse than taking organs from a dead corpse.

y9tj8G5.png

Well it's all a matter of perspective, dat BBC guy was linking thralls to slavery, and probably in his mind slavery is worse than taking organs from a dead corpse.

Enslaving a server-controlled character (just like I'm enslaving my laptop now) vs. harvesting organs from a player's character.

I would be against enslaving players in-game too, or torturing them, assaulting them, or any other disgusting things like that.

Enslaving a server-controlled character (just like I'm enslaving my laptop now) vs. harvesting organs from a player's character.

I would be against enslaving players in-game too, or torturing them, assaulting them, or any other disgusting things like that.

Enslaving a server-controlled character vs harvesting fantasy organs from a dead player which is basically the sum of X pixels on the ground of a online game? Same thing to me. :lol:

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

I heard that during the stream, that's some disgusting stuff imo. Not sure if it was a joke or not, but I guess it has nothing to do with a Throne War simulator, I doubt anything like harvesting and transplanting organs were common or feasible during medieval ages. I hope the devs are not pushing in that direction. Choosing the traits of a vessel, min-max, appearance, things like that seem cool, but allowing  players to play "surgeon simulator" on other players with organs harvesting is something I'd be very disappointed to see in the game.

Maybe for you. I for one love the idea, feels a natural extension for Necromancy and I'll definitely be playing an Necromancer/Undertaker who follows armies around just to pick the battlefield clean afterwards for choice vessel parts.

Yeah its part of Necromancy not sure what the issue is. Its the same thing as skinning an animal for hide to make leather goods, or taking the meat to make food. Making vessels (ie bodys) is a crafting profession in this game so how did you think they got made?

The whole vessel mechanic is described by Artcraft as gruesome.

I agree in a real (medieval) life Throne War you have nothing to share with collecting organs... on the other way in Middle Age you have no possibility to came back from your grave or entering a new CW after your world crumbled.

I'm quite sure in the stream they are not joking. I can read on this interview of Todd at the beginning of this year:

MMORPG: Since there's a whole crafting tree behind vessels (ew, crafting bodies), does that mean you can "deconstruct" a vessel to get the parts needed? It makes me think you get to play out your Frankenstein fantasies in Crowfall.

JTC: Yes, technically it's called 'scavenging'; it's actually the same process that you use to break a longsword down for raw materials.

Edited by RikForFun

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

Repo at the Genetic Opera anyone?

I doubt there'll be anything specific. I mean... to harvest ore/stone/plants we wave our hands and make things explode into resources. I'd imagine something similar. Our crows/vessals don't have time to mess with that crap. lol

OS_Sig3.png

I heard that during the stream, that's some disgusting stuff imo. Not sure if it was a joke or not, but I guess it has nothing to do with a Throne War simulator, I doubt anything like harvesting and transplanting organs were common or feasible during medieval ages. I hope the devs are not pushing in that direction. Choosing the traits of a vessel, min-max, appearance, things like that seem cool, but allowing players to play "surgeon simulator" on other players with organs harvesting is something I'd be very disappointed to see in the game.

Sorry to see it has been such a long time since you've been in the forums. It must have been quite a shock to you when you learned that necromancy, a crafting discipline that shows you to build a body for your spirit to inhabit, had been added. While you do not personally need to harvest parts, you will likely require the services of a necromancer who will need parts to build a body. Have you considered not looking?

Edited by ZaphodBeeblebrox

Sounds like an uneeded extra, time is money, I'd rather them dump that time/money into something more meaningful, organ harvesting just sounds like they are getting carried away and are willing to waste time/money on trivial crap we don't need.

Sounds like an uneeded extra, time is money, I'd rather them dump that time/money into something more meaningful, organ harvesting just sounds like they are getting carried away and are willing to waste time/money on trivial crap we don't need.

Its a part of the crafting/gathering system though. Its just as needed as mining or chopping wood is.

organ harvesting is used to build vessels, which are used to determine your characters stats, and your chosen disciplines and archetypes are tied to a particular vessel.  the whole concept of switching archetypes means you are switching vessels that each have their own archetype.  Vessels are arguably one of the most important features in the game in terms of gameplay mechanics, not "trivial crap".

People are free to take a try and take some kind of moral high ground on the issue but the fact is this is a game about a bunch of immortal beings wearing the bodies of fallen heroes while harvesting the souls and resource of worlds that are being consumed by some unstoppable force.  You are playing a crow, a carrion bird that picks of bodies clean after they are dead.  Only so much of a moral high ground you can have in that kind of position

Edited by jasta85