Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
courant101

Organ harvesting

its a good soapbox gig you got going here friend

but uhh

try not to do the whole according to your logic thing, because its a video game hth

im fully aware of the irony, are you?

You are saying you are aware of the irony killing other chars and things and  loot their bodies ok for "gold and some items". I'm saying there no ethical problem also taking their organs after you killed someone. And there wont be visualy disturbing things in game, they already showed how the harvest works.

If you find killing other thing ethical you have to aprrove taking their boddy parts normal thing. Otherwise stop using your morality and ethique in video games. Furthermore, its a survival game also, if you have little knowledge about survival games you can see there is more visualy disgusting ethical problems which includes cannibalism.

Edited by Chaqaron

I mean, how did people think the necromancer was going to create new vessels? They need something to harvest....

Some ppl suggest using stone wood like sculptre which is not fun as harvest organs :)

You are saying you are aware of the irony killing other chars and things and  loot their bodies ok for "gold and some items". I'm saying there no ethical problem also taking their organs after you killed someone. And there wont be visualy disturbing things in game, they already showed how the harvest works.

If you find killing other thing ethical you have to aprrove taking their boddy parts normal thing. Otherwise stop using your morality and ethique in video games. Furthermore, its a survival game also, if you have little knowledge about survival games you can see there is more visualy disgusting ethical problems which includes cannibalism.

giphy.gif

adjust that anime glasses some more or somethin yeesh

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Enslaving a server-controlled character (just like I'm enslaving my laptop now) vs. harvesting organs from a player's character.

I would be against enslaving players in-game too, or torturing them, assaulting them, or any other disgusting things like that.

Didn't read the whole thread, but I just had to stop and comment. Why the heck are you perfectly fine with slaughtering other "real" players, destroying things they spent actual hours working for, and collecting their hard-earned goods, but not organs?

Essentially it's the same thing as stealing gear, it's just a Vessel specific thing probably. Worse, your only real arguments are semantics which just blows my mind. Even worse, your semantic nit-picking is even more headache inducing (Nah, enslaving NPCs is okay, but not real players. Don't want to torture them or anything either, I just want to slaughter them and break their things that's okay.)

Your arguments that it's not a medieval thing are moot. Fighting eternally as spiritual crows for the gods as a magical force devours the universe is also not a medieval thing, in case you're wondering. Harvesting organs is actually pretty much on the forgettable end of things-that-are-out-there.

Personally, I don't care and it's not the first time this has been in the game. Some games let necromancers do it, /shrug.

adjust that anime glasses some more or somethin yeesh

Half the time I read your posts I find myself wondering if you ever actually think about what you're posting. Also, turning away from the logic of the argument and insulting him just admits defeat.

It IS weird for someone to be okay with killing players, enslaving NPCs, destroying stuff that takes real life hours and effort, but not be okay with a virtual form of themed looting. I mean, I'm pretty sure after hearing Vessels could be crafted anyone with half a brain would realize where those crafting components would come from. It's also hardly something new.

Edited by Cerulean Shaman

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

Sorry to see it has been such a long time since you've been in the forums. It must have been quite a shock to you when you learned that necromancy, a crafting discipline that shows you to build a body for your spirit to inhabit, had been added. While you do not personally need to harvest parts, you will likely require the services of a necromancer who will need parts to build a body. Have you considered not looking?

Pretty sure that crafting a character doesn't necessary imply organ harvesting. As far as I know it was the first time ACE referred to organs.

I think the vessels we inhabit weren't our original body anyways. We are inhabiting the bodies of dead heroes in order to strip these dying planets of resources and souls. Since all bodies are dead already, using them as objects is just a natural progression.

I understand how you can see it as a natural progression, but I think it doesn't really justify the need to have this system. We probably could have vessels as objects without going with specific organs.

Its a part of the crafting/gathering system though. Its just as needed as mining or chopping wood is.

I think it's not just as needed as mining and chopping wood. Crafting a character could be done in many ways other than collecting organs and stitching them together, and it would probably work pretty well with the gameplay and lore.

This is a PVP game and harvest other players is FUN and realy did not understand why you are not ok with that? You accepting killing other player but not accepting use their body parts?. You shouls start to look this event as ORGAN DONATION. Furthermore, what did you expect from vessel crafting? It is the best logic way using organs for craft a vessel. Its realy cool for now and dont think there will be disgusting images when you harvesting organs.

I wish we can take the player head back to EK 

There is already inventory and equipped gears loot + vessel loot. I understand why you find the idea fun, another thing to loot and it makes the vessel crafting possibly more Frankensteinian. There are fun things that are not always beneficial to add in a game though.

I accept to kill other players' characters, it's part of the war. Removing kidneys, blood, heart from a body to then create my own body is something I'm not interested to do though. What I expected from vessel crafting is what was shown during the Crows and Vessels reveal:

giphy.gif

Basically we would loot a vessel, get a crafter to improve it with reagents or whatever, decide of the traits / advantages / appearance, etc.

Afaik it wasn't question of organs at all. Looting a vessel for me is different than collecting organs.

Yeah...if you think that a single discipline is going to (1) get crazy animations and/or (2) get it's own simulator side-game, I don't think your fingers are squarely on the pulse of this game's development.

If this entire thread is sarcasm...well done.

This is likely the name of a discipline involved with recovering usable material from a decayed vessel.  I suspect it will have the same extraction animation as any other harvesting, which is not gruesome at all.

No, the entire thread isn't sarcasm. I respect your opinion that collecting organs from dead players isn't gruesome. I think otherwise. 

Edited by courant101

I'll agree with Courant in that, I thought Vessel crafting would just be like taking limbs off of dead players and using said limbs to stitch together a vessel. Though organ harvesting, to me, just adds another layer to vessel crafting, so I'm not really bothered by it.

Though, aside from brains and hearts, I don't see what other organs would be useful in vessel crafting. Maybe stomachs, to increase/decrease the amount of food needed for said vessel, but harvesting kidneys seem pointless, cause, as far as I know, our Avatars don't pee.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

We also don't know what organ harvesting is. It could simply be how to put additives into your vessel crafting to make a stronger vessel. Thinks like a heart for example wouldn't be too weird would it?

OS_Sig3.png

We also don't know what organ harvesting is. It could simply be how to put additives into your vessel crafting to make a stronger vessel. Thinks like a heart for example wouldn't be too weird would it?

Oh+that+looks+good+medic+oh+that+looks+g

You zee, ze healing iz not az rewarding az ze hurting.

organ harvesting is used to build vessels, which are used to determine your characters stats, and your chosen disciplines and archetypes are tied to a particular vessel.  the whole concept of switching archetypes means you are switching vessels that each have their own archetype.  Vessels are arguably one of the most important features in the game in terms of gameplay mechanics, not "trivial crap".

People are free to take a try and take some kind of moral high ground on the issue but the fact is this is a game about a bunch of immortal beings wearing the bodies of fallen heroes while harvesting the souls and resource of worlds that are being consumed by some unstoppable force.  You are playing a crow, a carrion bird that picks of bodies clean after they are dead.  Only so much of a moral high ground you can have in that kind of position

I liked playing Dark Souls but i had to stop at the part where i had to collect this soul thing...

Pretty sure that crafting a character doesn't necessary imply organ harvesting. As far as I know it was the first time ACE referred to organs.

So what did you think was going to happen? Did you imagine growing corpses in a magic cabbage patch or maybe a big bird would drop one off for you? Necromancy was introduced months ago as playing Dr. Frankenstein. (Have you heard of him? He's a literary figure famous for creating a living creature by reanimating assorted body parts, and not all of then human.) This isn't a revelation, you just haven't been paying attention.

as many have allready stated if you dont want to do it yourself then buy the finished product.

If you however have a problem that gathering organs from players is in the game then thats your problem. Ask for a refund if you cant live with that but after reading most comments i thing the major part of the community is fine with it.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

I'd just like to add that I have no memory of them specifically saying "organs", just "body parts". Which to me translates as arms, legs, heads, and torsos.

I'd just like to add that I have no memory of them specifically saying "organs", just "body parts". Which to me translates as arms, legs, heads, and torsos.

Yeah but it's still really semantics. I still don't understand. Like, are there seriously people out there wiping their brows and going "Oh, thank the stars, it's just ripping off arms and heads and stuff. I really thought we'd be taking organs for a minute there, hah! False alarm guys, bring in the toddlers!"

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

So what did you think was going to happen? Did you imagine growing corpses in a magic cabbage patch or maybe a big bird would drop one off for you? Necromancy was introduced months ago as playing Dr. Frankenstein. (Have you heard of him? He's a literary figure famous for creating a living creature by reanimating assorted body parts, and not all of then human.) This isn't a revelation, you just haven't been paying attention.

" giphy.gif

Basically we would loot a vessel, get a crafter to improve it with reagents or whatever, decide of the traits / advantages / appearance, etc.

Afaik it wasn't question of organs at all. Looting a vessel for me is different than collecting organs."

https://youtu.be/kGjBcJVYyqs?t=3m14s

as many have allready stated if you dont want to do it yourself then buy the finished product.

If you however have a problem that gathering organs from players is in the game then thats your problem. Ask for a refund if you cant live with that but after reading most comments i thing the major part of the community is fine with it.

I'm aware that most users commenting in this thread are fine with it. I don't plan to ask for a refund. 

Didn't read the whole thread, but I just had to stop and comment. Why the heck are you perfectly fine with slaughtering other "real" players, destroying things they spent actual hours working for, and collecting their hard-earned goods, but not organs?

Essentially it's the same thing as stealing gear, it's just a Vessel specific thing probably. Worse, your only real arguments are semantics which just blows my mind. Even worse, your semantic nit-picking is even more headache inducing (Nah, enslaving NPCs is okay, but not real players. Don't want to torture them or anything either, I just want to slaughter them and break their things that's okay.)

Your arguments that it's not a medieval thing are moot. Fighting eternally as spiritual crows for the gods as a magical force devours the universe is also not a medieval thing, in case you're wondering. Harvesting organs is actually pretty much on the forgettable end of things-that-are-out-there.

Personally, I don't care and it's not the first time this has been in the game. Some games let necromancers do it, /shrug.

Half the time I read your posts I find myself wondering if you ever actually think about what you're posting. Also, turning away from the logic of the argument and insulting him just admits defeat.

It IS weird for someone to be okay with killing players, enslaving NPCs, destroying stuff that takes real life hours and effort, but not be okay with a virtual form of themed looting. I mean, I'm pretty sure after hearing Vessels could be crafted anyone with half a brain would realize where those crafting components would come from. It's also hardly something new.

If I'm going at war against people who decide to go at war, I expect to harm and get harmed, kill or get killed, destroy structures and objects... That's what war is about. Cutting friends and foes up to collect their organs on the battlefield to sell, trade or use them is something different. I supported a game that is a fantasy medieval war. Organ transplantation isn't a "fantasy" component (unlike fireballs and other supernatural powers, organ harvesting exists and is a common practice in certain countries) and it's not medieval either: hundreds of years ago transplanting organs from fallen warriors wasn't feasible.

I see a difference between fighting other players and cutting their bodies to extract their organs. It would be the same for necrophilia, cannibalism, sexual assault or other gore stuff: I'm not interested playing or supporting a game featuring those practices.

You have referred to semantics a few times, I think it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Edited by courant101

i think you made your point. You dont want to play a game where organ harvesting is ingame. You dont want to refund. Yet you give in and say that most players are ok with it.

So why should the game change just because you are not ok with something in it?

There are people who are not ok with open world pvp shall we change the game then too just to cater to some people?

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

i think you made your point. You dont want to play a game where organ harvesting is ingame. You dont want to refund. Yet you give in and say that most players are ok with it.

So why should the game change just because you are not ok with something in it?

There are people who are not ok with open world pvp shall we change the game then too just to cater to some people?

Your questions seem to be based on the assumption that this thread is a request to remove this feature from the game.

The tl;dr of the first post is: "They mentioned organ harvesting in the 12-hour live stream. I don't recall them mentioning that before. Was it a joke? I dislike this feature. I hope they do not implement this feature."

The rest of my replies in this thread are mostly clarifications and answers to the questions that were asked.

Edited by courant101