Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xarub

Is it allowed to run 2 copies of crowfall on 2 computers?

Hi, 

first of all I searched for an existing thread and I found a partial answer which doesn't answer my specific question and I did not want to "unbury it":

One copy per PC.

If I have 2 PCs am I allowed to own 2 accounts and let 2 characters join the same campaign (which normally with 1 account would not be possible). Is there a rule like "you are not allowed to own multiple accounts". 

Don't get me wrong I am not planning on copying input or botting or anything like that. I just wonder if this would be allowed.

I would love to get an official response because I am thinking about giving you guys more money :P

Thank you in advance.

Is there a rule like "you are not allowed to own multiple accounts". 

There is no such rule in the ACE Terms.

There is such a rule in the Travian Terms. With the exception that they may allow them for games or game worlds - and if so, they will tell.

Originally ACE stated that using multiple Accounts isn't forbidden, though they don't like it very much and players won't have much gain from it.

So i wouldn't worry too much about this. I daresay that the Travian rules are not yet completely adapted to Crowfall. But if you want to be sure, you should wait until this point has been clarified.

You might also want to participate in this discussion on CFC.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

It would be difficult to stop you, and I believe not worth the effort.

Of course, unless one of those accounts is some sort of bot, or you're a more amazing player than I can imagine, one of your crows be gimp in combat while you control the other.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

It would be difficult to stop you, and I believe not worth the effort.

Of course, unless one of those accounts is some sort of bot, or you're a more amazing player than I can imagine, one of your crows be gimp in combat while you control the other.

Im asking if it is allowed not if it is not detectable ;)

Maybe I want to have one char attacking and one char as a lookout defending or as a trade / crafter so i can make deals while still in action with the other. 

Hi All,

Actually, the "no multi-accounts' clause was just something we missed when we reviewed and rewrote our Code of Conduct for Crowfall.  We fully intend to follow ACE's lead on this policy, so as it stands right now, yes, you can have 2 or more accounts.

When I get back to Munich next week, I'll make sure this gets changed in the Code of Conduct  to reflect that.

Best,

Jess

There is no such rule in the ACE Terms.

There is such a rule in the Travian Terms. With the exception that they may allow them for games or game worlds - and if so, they will tell.

Originally ACE stated that using multiple Accounts isn't forbidden, though they don't like it very much and players won't have much gain from it.

So i wouldn't worry too much about this. I daresay that the Travian rules are not yet completely adapted to Crowfall. But if you want to be sure, you should wait until this point has been clarified.

You might also want to participate in this discussion on CFC.

So to clarify,

ACE intends to allow multi boxing ? 

Or

ACE intends to allow multi boxing during testing ?

I think multi boxing is against the TOS, but you can own more than 1 account.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

This is in the ROC so that implies no multiboxing to me:

You agree not to use the Service in order to:

Use , develop, distribute, or publicly inform other members of "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software programs or applications except as explicitly sanctioned by Art+Craft. This includes any method or means which modifies the software code provided by Art+Craft or that interferes with and/or modifies the transmissions to and from your computer and the Art+Craft service.

tiPrpwh.png

Unless ACE becomes a non-profit I'm pretty sure they'll let you buy as many accounts as you want. 

I plan on having multiple accounts for the simple fact that you can only train 1 general skill at a time and combat skills and crafting skills are both considered general skills. Makes sense to me to have a separate crafting account and just not do VIP on it since I don't care about training 3 separate archetypes on a crafter. Then on my combat account I'll do VIP so I can train 3 different archetypes. 

I can run my combat account on my main PC and my crafter account on my laptop so I can craft stuff in the downtime from any other activities. A single person playing two different computers is nothing ACE has any control over because for all they know my wife or kids are doing my crafting for me. It's not enforceable to restrict someone from playing the game on two separate PC's. 

I imagine I'm not the only Crow who has thought of this but I'm kind of curious whether or not ACE has thought of this. Either way they win by selling more accounts but it might be more lucrative for them to separate combat skills and crafting skills in the general section and allow VIP accounts to train one of each and allow basic accounts to only train 1 of them. That would push more people towards VIP account status which will be worth more in the long run than additional account sales and it still wouldn't turn into pay 2 win. That's the reason for separating combat and crafting skills in the general tab because if you just let VIPs train 2 things they could train 2 combat skills and then it becomes pay2win. 

Edited by blazzen

Hi All,

Actually, the "no multi-accounts' clause was just something we missed when we reviewed and rewrote our Code of Conduct for Crowfall.  We fully intend to follow ACE's lead on this policy, so as it stands right now, yes, you can have 2 or more accounts.

When I get back to Munich next week, I'll make sure this gets changed in the Code of Conduct  to reflect that.

Best,

Jess

Read that.

My question was answered: I can have 2 accounts and play them at the same time. 

Edited by xarub

You can have 2 accounts, but it depends on what you mean by "play them at the same time".

Edit: what I mean is, you can only be actively controlling one account at a time, from my understanding of the ROC/TOS.

Edited by miraluna

tiPrpwh.png

You can have 2 accounts, but it depends on what you mean by "play them at the same time".

Guess you didn't bother to read my posts where I explain what I mean by it:

[...] If I have 2 PCs am I allowed to own 2 accounts and let 2 characters join the same campaign (which normally with 1 account would not be possible). [...]

[...]

Maybe I want to have one char attacking and one char as a lookout defending or as a trade / crafter so i can make deals while still in action with the other. 

Edited by xarub

What I'm getting from the OP is he is asking to multi box and has been given the green light. 

Do correct me if I'm wrong here OP. 

I certainly hope the "official answer" he/she received didn't understand what he was asking. 

What I'm getting from the OP is he is asking to multi box and has been given the green light. 

Do correct me if I'm wrong here OP. 

I certainly hope the "official answer" he/she received didn't understand what he was asking. 

Depends on the definition of multiboxing. I plan on using 2 computers at the same time. Not copying any input / not using any macros or anything like that and that is okay as you can read above.

Edited by xarub

I don't see an issue with it if you have 2 computers, 2 keyboards, 2 mice and you physically switch from using one set of input devices to the other.

tiPrpwh.png