Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xarub

Is it allowed to run 2 copies of crowfall on 2 computers?

I don't see an issue with it if you have 2 computers, 2 keyboards, 2 mice and you physically switch from using one set of input devices to the other.

Excatly and that got confirmed.

Hi All,

Actually, the "no multi-accounts' clause was just something we missed when we reviewed and rewrote our Code of Conduct for Crowfall.  We fully intend to follow ACE's lead on this policy, so as it stands right now, yes, you can have 2 or more accounts.

When I get back to Munich next week, I'll make sure this gets changed in the Code of Conduct  to reflect that.

Best,

Jess

I don't see an issue with it if you have 2 computers, 2 keyboards, 2 mice and you physically switch from using one set of input devices to the other.

I don't see anything in the ROC that specifies you need separate physical devices if you want to multibox.

IhhQKY6.gif

I think someone from ACE needs to respond here, let's be real, in action combat unless you have 4 hands it's extremely unlikely that anyone will not be using a script or macro program to control two accounts at once. Why even open the door, we all know there are programs out there that can easily bypass detection, to be brutally honest, I have zero confidence that the OP will be playing 2 accounts at once in a legit manner, or anyone else for that matter. 

I could see one account crafting and one account doing playing in combat. Very slippery slope, if the green light is given then it's only a matter of time before people are running around with scripts and macro's.

I think someone from ACE needs to respond here, let's be real, in action combat unless you have 4 hands it's extremely unlikely that anyone will not be using a script or macro program to control two accounts at once. Why even open the door, we all know there are programs out there that can easily bypass detection, to be brutally honest, I have zero confidence that the OP will be playing 2 accounts at once in a legit manner, or anyone else for that matter. 

I could see one account crafting and one account doing playing in combat. Very slippery slope, if the green light is given then it's only a matter of time before people are running around with scripts and macro's.

Maybe I am stupid but from my understanding "Director of Publishing" with the name Daylar and a red sword under his name is already somebody official?

frankly i'd personally want a zero tolerance policy for multiple accounts.

i don't like the current flaw that a player is actively encouraged by the system to have multiple accounts to bypass the 'only one general skill training at a time' + plus additional archetype training.

IT UNDERMINES THE CROW SYSTEM

its my ingrained hate from DAOC where 'buff bots' second accounts were rampant and not shut down by the game developers (more sub money thanks)

as stated above you couldn't actively play two at once without scripting / automation and obviously buff bots won't be a thing but my concerns about skill training still stand.

Maybe I am stupid but from my understanding "Director of Publishing" with the name Daylar and a red sword under his name is already somebody official?

Hey - that is one members of the new international partner we were introduced to on the twitch stream from Travian games - not from ACE who are probably more in charge of dictating such policy for Crowfall.

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Let me rephrase, I would like to see a Dev respond.

and he was just answering a question about TRAVIAN code of conduct - NOT Crowfall's.

He gave this answer in this thread and is talking about the Crowfall code of conduct:

Hi All,

Actually, the "no multi-accounts' clause was just something we missed when we reviewed and rewrote our Code of Conduct for Crowfall.  We fully intend to follow ACE's lead on this policy, so as it stands right now, yes, you can have 2 or more accounts.

When I get back to Munich next week, I'll make sure this gets changed in the Code of Conduct  to reflect that.

Best,

Jess

Edited by xarub

The problem is, it is very hard to tell the difference between one person running two accounts and two people playing next to each other in the same room.

IhhQKY6.gif

He gave this answer in this thread and is talking about the Crowfall code of conduct:

yes exactly as i said.

he said they were changing travian policy to mirror the current Crowfall policy - ergo Crowfall have ultimate say in these matters.

i'd still like to see ultimate crowfall policy going forward nearer beta or release when issues of skill training and campaign jumping are fully implemented and likely abused.

Edited by Tinnis

The problem is, it is very hard to tell the difference between one person running two accounts and two people playing next to each other in the same room.

This is true, but if a Dev does come in and say "Multi Boxing will not be tolerated" then at least it has been acknowledged. You can usually see the difference when your playing with/against 2 separate people vs one person controlling multiple accounts. Judging by the OP defensive attitude towards the discussion, it's already throwing up red flags in my mind.

There are always going to be people who try but at least if they are caught they can be punished accordingly if it is determined to be against the TOS.

Edited by Apok

Jess. Gordon and I discussed this policy. As Jess stated, we are in agreement that we will allow people to run multiple accounts in tandem. Regarding the legitimate concerns some of you voiced about people running bots and somesuch, those activities are against the TOS and will be dealt with regardless of how many game clients someone is running. We'll have measures in place for people to report suspicious activity and we will be sniffing around for it ourselves. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Jess. Gordon and I discussed this policy. As Jess stated, we are in agreement that we will allow people to run multiple accounts in tandem. Regarding the legitimate concerns some of you voiced about people running bots and somesuch, those activities are against the TOS and will be dealt with regardless of how many game clients someone is running. We'll have measures in place for people to report suspicious activity and we will be sniffing around for it ourselves. 

Thanks. Since I am not intending to break rules by botting or do any illegal stuff I know now that it is okay. 

Right now we know nothing about how campaign objectives, victory points, siege / faction mechanics, and so forth work. But I am 100% sure people will find ways to exploit the system and multi boxing will most likely make it easier (even without full on hacks). Call me a pessimist if you want, I'll accept the title.  :P

It also brings up the question of player limit per campaign, is someone not going to be able to get in and play with friends/guild mates if a plethora of people have been allowed to take up spots with a second account?

I'm with Tinnis, I am against multiple accounts per campaign. No good ever comes of it, and does ACE really need the extra headache of all the reports that will flood in?

Foolish decision imo.

Second-account ghost scouting in UO was an issue because there was no way to get rid of the ghost. So players would just park their ghost at a dungeon entrance and leave it there to watch, while farming inside the dungeon on other computer.

Stealth or corpse scouting with second accounts could be an issue in CF only if there is no counter to it.

tiPrpwh.png

I personally would like to be able to have multiple accounts... one for combat and one for crafting.. Being able to have 2 characters in a campaign to provide equipment for myself and friends would be really handy.. Which means I wouldn't have to run them in tandem. I think what they don't want is people running scripts with one guy as a warrior and having 5 people being him all nuking one target.. It can get excessive.. People have done it in Everquest. It can get out of hand.

Edited by Noctonomous

“There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs.” -Jorah Mormont of Bear Island

George R.R. Martin

[...] I think what they don't want is people running scripts with one guy as a warrior and having 5 people being him all nuking one target.. It can get excessive.. People have done it in Everquest. It can get out of hand.

That would be against the code of conduct anyways because you need external programs to copy input / macros and so on. This is not allowed. 

Edited by xarub

does ACE really need the extra headache of all the reports that will flood in?

I think that is what they would get if they tried to implement an unenforceable ban on using multiple accounts.

IhhQKY6.gif

I personally would like to be able to have multiple accounts... one for combat and one for crafting.. Being able to have 2 characters in a campaign to provide equipment for myself and friends would be really handy.. Which means I wouldn't have to run them in tandem. I think what they don't want is people running scripts with one guy as a warrior and having 5 people being him all nuking one target.. It can get excessive.. People have done it in Everquest. It can get out of hand.

even only for 'crafting and combat' this undermines core systems and heavily favors against people with one account and i think is ultimately against the spirit of the game's progression system