Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urahara

Request to current people working in the gaming industry

I got an important request to make to you guys.

Please just stop to make video games, we all know by now that you guys just arent capable of producing anything worth money or time.

Please just stop this ridiculous ridding of a dead bull, even destroying the last bit of respect and honorable memory people once had for the gaming industry.

Please just go back to your offices and finance institutions and so on, just please leave and never come back.

Thank you so incredible much, its not been the slightest bit of fun being with you disgusting bunch of people.

Sorry I had to be so serious and honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg1Wl6U_6vs

This king of yours would have put an end to your life the very moment he would have seen this farce.

There is nothing of love inside these people...

Someone please....put an end to this

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Oh and please take all the youtubers, streamers and other so called "game journalists" with you when you take a leave. They are part of the longer arm of your marketing departments anyway...

Edited by Urahara

People are ridiculous. In my day we had zelda and mario, and thought they were the greatest thing ever. Now we have games that are a million times better looking with more gameplay and people complain.

You got not the slightest idea of what you are talking about.

But thats to be expected from youtubers I guess.

If you rate a game about how it looks you have to be a totally superficial person. In fact the graphics are almost the only thing that improved. Everything else is the same or at best slighty improved, but in general the quality has gotten worse by far, not to talk about ambition, creativity and artistic requirements.

You must have really no idea about anything what happened in the gaming industry for the past 20 years to give such a statement. What you think were the phenomena of the rise of the indie game industry for, or the uprising crowdfunding campaigns. Why were they so successful, why were they so much needed? Because the gaming industry is workng perfectly fine how it is? Then there wouldnt be any demand for all these crowdfunding projects or Crowfall. If there would be already 6-8 such games out there, who would need another one? But there isnt any such a thing to find in the gaming industry we have nowadays.

And also Zelda and Mario games reception of current franchise installations are really not good to say the least. And the company producing/publishing them is in serious trouble. Almost everyting changed very drastically, you most be totally ignorant to not being able to see this.

Its true the gaming industry has never been so full of money and the graphics have never been better, but this is really all, its only the surface of things, its nice to look at it from the distance, there it makes a good healthy impression, but if you arent a stupid, superficial kind of a person, and take a closer look at things, you would now already that its rotten to the core and all just a facade, a nice to look at facade for superficial people.

But yes, then tell me please, enlighten me. Tell me please of any ambitious, creative titles of these major publishers in the gaming industry who always are advertising with their huge blown up marketing hype campaigns their AAA games, who always fall very short to deliver, and are failing quite often, you could even say on a regular basis.

Tell me of any ambitious AAA game of the major game companys currently in development with a worthy artistic aspect. Only one AAA game thats really trying to push the limits or to innovate. Because all I see are bad jokes of game franchises publishing/milking their franchise series to death, or the endless amount of Zombie Survival games, or HD remakes of great games from the past.

People interested in video games are cheering for really any game put in front of their faces these days it seems.

Its sad but Crowfall and ACE arent the regular kind of company in the gaming industry. they are the exception from it.

You really got not the slightest clue, do you?!

Edited by Urahara

Darf ich fragen, was genau dich so aufgebracht hat? Tut mir Leid, mir fehlen die passenden Worte für die Übersetzung.

it's a new condition : gameschmerz

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

I got an important request to make to you guys.

Please just stop to make video games, we all know by now that you guys just arent capable of producing anything worth money or time.

Please just stop this ridiculous ridding of a dead bull, even destroying the last bit of respect and honorable memory people once had for the gaming industry.

Please just go back to your offices and finance institutions and so on, just please leave and never come back.

Thank you so incredible much, its not been the slightest bit of fun being with you disgusting bunch of people.

Sorry I had to be so serious and honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg1Wl6U_6vs

This king of yours would have put an end to your life the very moment he would have seen this farce.

There is nothing of love inside these people...

Someone please....put an end to this

Sorry, but you are realy wrong. You cant say some one give up his proffesion. In world there are milions of engineer but we didnt say dont do this job because you are not perfect, or doctors you cant say a doctor give up this job because you made a mistake. Same things valid for game producer. If you dont like dont play no one forcing you play something. And all games has not fit your type. Some player like p2w , somes hate, some player like complicated thing some just like simple things: 

If you rate a game about how it looks you have to be a totally superficial person. In fact the graphics are almost the only thing that improved. Everything else is the same or at best slighty improved, but in general the quality has gotten worse by far, not to talk about ambition, creativity and artistic requirements.

And you dont have right to say that. You think you are the best? You know everything? Your standarts above everyones? You know nothing Urahara! 

Edited by Chaqaron

You must have really no idea about anything what happened in the gaming industry for the past 20 years to give such a statement. What you think were the phenomena of the rise of the indie game industry for, or the uprising crowdfunding campaigns. Why were they so successful, why were they so much needed? Because the gaming industry is workng perfectly fine how it is? Then there wouldnt be any demand for all these crowdfunding projects or Crowfall. If there would be already 6-8 such games out there, who would need another one? But there isnt any such a thing to find in the gaming industry we have nowadays.

And also Zelda and Mario games reception of current franchise installations are really not good to say the least. And the company producing/publishing them is in serious trouble. Almost everyting changed very drastically, you most be totally ignorant to not being able to see this.

Its true the gaming industry has never been so full of money and the graphics have never been better, but this is really all, its only the surface of things, its nice to look at it from the distance, there it makes a good healthy impression, but if you arent a stupid, superficial kind of a person, and take a closer look at things, you would now already that its rotten to the core and all just a facade, a nice to look at facade for superficial people.

But yes, then tell me please, enlighten me. Tell me please of any ambitious, creative titles of these major publishers in the gaming industry who always are advertising with their huge blown up marketing hype campaigns their AAA games, who always fall very short to deliver, and are failing quite often, you could even say on a regular basis.

Tell me of any ambitous AAA game of the major game companys currently in development with a worthy artistic aspect. Only one AAA game thats really trying to push the limits or to innovate. Because all I see are bad jokes of game franchises publishing/milking their franchise series to death, or the endless amount of Zombie Survival games, or HD remakes of great games from the past.

People interested in video games are cheering for really any game put in front of their faces these days it seems.

Its sad but Crowfall and ACE arent the regular kind of company in the gaming industry. they are the exception from it.

You really got not the slightest clue, do you?!

looks like some ones got their panties in a twist today.

You're immature, as evident by the fact you cannot have a rational discussion or disagree without blowing a gasket. If we had any of these games 20years ago our younger selves would have poorly made socks our pants at how awesome they are. The problem is you feel entitled to exactly what you want, how you want, exactly like you had it before in the "glory days" when in reality games sucked back in the day and we didnt realize it. Its only now that the evil devs and corporations have taken over that we get so many many options and can see great things in all of them.

But have fun freaking out, playing games and paying evil corp just like always. You arent making a bit of difference.

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

Someone wearing their troll pants today?

Careful. That benign (and accurate) comment will get you a warning around here if some pansy bothers to hit the report button.

As ridiculous as that sounds I'm not even kidding a little. It's happened to me twice.

edit:

This is the section they rely on:

Accusing Others of Trolling: Calling someone a troll to incite someone or falsely accusing them of trolling can also be a form of trolling.

Despite the exceedingly clear requirement that you essentially be wrong in your assessment of trolling and the unmistakable requirement that you intend to "incite," they do not enforce the rule as written. I was assured this language would be changed to accurately represent their actual enforcement (using the "T" word at all = violation), but alas that was quite some time ago and zero was changed.

I just don't think the mods bother to read the threads closely enough to discern who is and who is not actually violating the COFC. Maybe they're too busy giving warnings in response to frequent fliers of the report button.

Edited by coolwaters

The problem is you feel entitled to exactly what you want, how you want, exactly like you had it before in the "glory days" when in reality games sucked back in the day and we didnt realize it. 

I generally agree with that statement but I will argue the case for two games (If I may)

Donkey Kong is a !@#$ beast game and the standard many classic game fans look to when talking best of the "Golden Era"

Legend of Zelda: A link to the past is what I would consider an almost perfect game. Many would say Majora Mask, but they are wrong!   :)

OS_Sig3.png

I generally agree with that statement but I will argue the case for two games (If I may)

Donkey Kong is a !@#$ beast game and the standard many classic game fans look to when talking best of the "Golden Era"

Legend of Zelda: A link to the past is what I would consider an almost perfect game. Many would say Majora Mask, but they are wrong!   :)

Agreed, Legend of Zelda: Link to the past is the best old game imo

MOkvLlm.png

You're immature, as evident by the fact you cannot have a rational discussion or disagree without blowing a gasket. If we had any of these games 20years ago our younger selves would have poorly made socks our pants at how awesome they are. The problem is you feel entitled to exactly what you want, how you want, exactly like you had it before in the "glory days" when in reality games sucked back in the day and we didnt realize it. Its only now that the evil devs and corporations have taken over that we get so many many options and can see great things in all of them.

But have fun freaking out, playing games and paying evil corp just like always. You arent making a bit of difference.

The point isn't are games fun to play now but how much growth has there been? How much do devs try new things? How many regurgitate that exact watered down formula? How many push QTE over gameplay? How often do 100 million offering nothing new? Why do so many gamers drop 5-10 times the purchase price on a game idea in hopes to play an updated more refined version of an experiement that came out 15-20 years ago?

The answer is as a whole the gaming industry has stagnated. Thus he mentioned things like Project Green Light and Kickstarter as examples of the need for the corprate failures stifling creative growth.

It wasnt the golden because they were they best but because there was real diversity. Even when it could have been better it was exciting to know there is always something new being tried.

I don't know. For me it feels like each generation of games since the snes (I started playing before that, but I feel like games started becoming more interesting and sophisticated in the snes era) has produced a similar number of games that I considered great to play and that could stand the test of time even today. I don't think there's less great games being made today than there were in the past. Maybe it has something to do with the genres I play the most, I couldn't tell about other genres. I agree there's some crappy practices going on today that didn't use the exist before, like money grab DLCs, microtransactions, pay to win, etc. 

Name recent big budget games that I think are great and innovative? Sure: The Secret World, Witcher 2 and 3, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Catherine, Persona 5, BioShock Infinite, Nier: Automata, just to name the ones that come to mind right now. 

Maybe some of those games don't have the exact same budget as some of the blockbuster titles, but they clearly aim for the same level of polish and presentation as AAA games and compete in that high market, quite successfully. 

I think sometimes we have rose tinted glasses when we look to the past. There were many crappy releases and clones of successful games back then as well. I mean look at the Street Fighter series after number 2. 

EDIT: I do think many companies that used to be great in the past have become mediocre money pumping machines, but several others rose to take their place and make better stuff, so it's ok. 

Edited by Rikutatis

Yeah whatever you may be believing.

At least I am not that immature and amature to rate a game only about its graphics, like you do. But considering amature comes from the word amore, meaning doing something out of love of doing it, but people using in general this word to describe unprofessional people doing something they love, giving it a bad touch, this might even be inaccurate to use here.

And you are telling me that the games and people making games back in the days sucked and we werent just unable to realize it, yeah you got clearly no idea what you are talking about. I would say its generally because you are making a living of talking nonsense all day as a youtuber/streamer about video games, and if there wouldnt be anything worth going on with video games or in the gaming industry, you pretty much wouldnt have anything to show to viewers and would have to stop streaming.

So of course its in your own monetary beneficial interest to sell the products of the gaming industry and sell the gaming industry in general as something interesting and great to be engaged with, even if its not. Thats actually what people are calling dishonest, corruption and liar.

I would have been surprised of any meaningful standpoint of yours or giving only the slightest bit of argument of what I am talking about is wrong because of tis and that. Instead of just saying that I am immature, because I am saying something against something you are making money with. Thats really low and so shallow.

To show you how argumentation works here are some.

You are saying that the games and gaming companys sucked back in the days and we werent just unable to realize it, and today games are better because the graphics have improved. This is totally nonsense, and you should know that.

You cant tell anyone having the slightest clue about games that Rare today is a a better game company and making better games, than the real Rare was making back in the days when Rare was still Rare, an independent game company, before Microsoft bought them. You cant even compare Rare today to the magnificient Rare back then. Its totally utterless.

You must dont know a single game of the real Rare, it was just awesome, the games in general today dont even come close to this level of magnificence, such games they made arent even produced today anymore entirely, they were really innovating and going new ways, trying out stuff. And it was a incredible much fun, because they were dong their work out of passion, they were playing their games theirselves, and had so much fun with it, you were able to fell this when you palyed their games, while today you arent feeling anything when playing modern games besides that is generic crap.

There are still some few exceptions today, which are really great games nowadays, but all of these are produced by small independent developer studios, which most often just dont get the money to pay streamers and youtubers incredible amounts of money to present the game, so I am not surprised that you wouldnt know these either.

Another argument would be, that i would suggest you to take a look at the most appreciated games of all time.

For PC these would be Half Life 2 and Bioshock.

Half Life 2 was the last real game of Valve, being made by Valve, which they used to introduce steam to the public. Being very successful with marketing Steam as the first game platform, Valve doesnt have the slightest bit of intention of producing quality games themselves anymore, if it is much more profitable to sell the games of others on their platform. Valve doesnt even have the staff anymore to produce big games, instead they are just purchasing every promising profitable game project they want, with all the money they are making with steam. Or they go into new game related markets, selling gaming hardware like steam machines and controllers. But Valve wont for sure produce any games anymore theirselves. People calling for a Half Life 3 has become sort of a running gag these days. Because everybody in the know is aware that Valve wont ever make a new Half Life game, its just not their business anymore.

The Bioshock franchise games created by Irrational Games (Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite) despite being one of the most appreciated and best rated games of all time, unfortunately had to face a really unworthy fate. The studio Irrational Games "had to be" closed, because the Bioshock games werent profitable enough. Being the highest rated PC game of all time, this is really upsetting and there must defintely be something wrong here with the market, being it the publishers, developers, customers, media, or all of them together. But thats the development of things which actually took place, thats how it turned out and how things are today, and its just sad and upsetting to say the least. Because they were really creating something of magnificience, they were really caring about what they were doing from an artistic standpoint, not only caring about money, being economical succesful.

While at the same point in time Call of Duty is still a thing. With people apparently decided to be taking turns in which franchise they are ranting against, Call of Duty or Battlefield. Last versions of these franchises Battlefield was ranted against for Battlefield Hardline and Battlefront. The first one being generic and the other being too much casual and Call of Duty like. And with the new upcoming versions of both franchises, this time they are ranting against Call of Duty. Its actually pretty funny wouldnt it be so boring and uninteresting having all these franchises throwing out a new game of their franchises every year.

I mean, how can this still be a thing and someone care about this, while nobody cares about such great games like Bioshock dont being produced anymore?!

Another argument that you are wrong and (intentional) lying, that games back then would have sucked and we werent aware of it, would be looking at the highest rated game of all time, which is Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This game was just so incredible amazing that its the only game till today ever reaching a metascore of 100. I dont interpret too much into metascore, but its not something to be disregarded as well. And if we take a look at the most recent major iteration of the Zelda franchise, which was Skyward Sword, it is by far the weakest/worst title of the Zelda franchise in history.

So please dont come telling me we would be living in a blooming wonderful period of game history when it is apparently very not the case, when it is kinda much more like a dry wasteland, having small indie companys trying to achieve needed cultural growth in the gaming industry through crowdfunding their game projects and few people supporting them to find some water in this dry wasteland, while the big major companys are sitting in their finance oases, having a great time, while lacking in having the slightest bit of ambition or will of taking risks. not to talk about caring about games or customers.

To be clear, I am not complaining that the games being developed today in general arent able to reach all the way where they should or where the expectations for them are, which they were creating theirselves with their marketing hype, I am complaing that they even arent really are trying to in the first playce, that its not their intention or ambition at all being innovative, trying out new ways or pushing the limits. They are just not even trying to achieve something liek this these days, because they arent driven by ambition and real caring people, wanting to create this, to reach this. They lack ambition and motivation and interest of the people making and financing them, they just wanna cash in from people and nothing else. And they wanna make this in the easiest way possible. Thats capitalism.

And in the following of all these events/stuff taking place, the games in general arent getting better and better, but even worse over time, maybe stagnating at the very best, because they are lacking any character or substance from the poeple creating them, they arent putting anything of theirselves into their games anymore, you can see and feel that. Its just business.

I am looking for a big engaging online game now since really "some" while, but it was never something else than a giant, boring marketing hype, with very little substance, giving these far too less potential, because they were made cheap and without real ambition.

So I go and support anyone who got the guts and potential, and really trys to attempt to do this, to create this big, engaging and ambitious online world so many people are waiting for and dreaming of. And I really hope that they achieve what the devs and community are expecting and/or hoping for.

So finally I wanted to apologize, I shouldnt have written that yesterday, really not. It was just that I really wanted to play something together yesterday with dear friends of mine, but just wasnt able to motivate myself anymore to get into one of these games available to me on the market today, because I just didnt want to walk around in another arena or sterile open "living" but static world anymore, only for getting the next useless achievement in an seemingly endless cycle of grinding gameplay.

Also I personally really really appreciate every and single one/person coming here together and contributing to this game project, I am sorry for creating this thread in such a bad way. It wasnt my intention to get people upset or feeling bad, because of my unthoughtful acting. But what was my real intention then with writing this anyway yesterday I am asking myself?! I am curious myself, life is mysterious, nothing is like it seems or only like it seems, you never know...

Anyway, thanks for you guys contributing to this game project out of your own free desires, I really appreciate all of you very much.

Thank you all for still bearing with me.

Edited by Urahara

Why cant just someone at one of the major companys which got so incredible much resources step out and say

"Hey, we really wanna use the technology avaiable to us today to create this amazing gaming experience so many of you are dreaming of since they first heard the words "Open living online world". We got all the technologies available to us to create this dynamic, developing, evolving, reactive online multiplayer world so many people wanna try out, even people who are unaware that they wanna try these out, and we gonna make our games to be really intelligent for this themselves. We gonna create a state of the art AI, which gonna put everything we knew so far about AI in games by far into the shadow, thus enabling the game to make decisions all by itself and creating so incredible many ways to have a multitude/multifarious game experience, which just wasnt able to have so far in the games availble today."

Ok, someone actually did, Dave Georgeson with EverQuest Next.

But this game project was cancelled unfortunately.

But just why cant or want not anybody else in the gaming industry be able to see/accept this?!

That this is by all means the only logic next step for the evolution/innovation in gaming? To make the games being intelligent. Intelligent games, not stupid static open world games anymore, where all you can do is swing a sword and chat with others, being more of the kind of an interactive chat programm apparently. Just realize already that you have to add totally new possibilities/ways of interacting with a game, gameworld, NPC.

Thats only the natural next step in game evolution history. Its not VR or mobile gaming, thats not where the potential for future innovation is residing in, its only where the misleaded people in suits are guessing where the most amount of money to get from is. And they are so wrong with this assumption, they just dont have the slightest clue about gaming.

Damn it, my phone, fridge, washmachine, toaster and house I live in are getting intelligent already! But my super electronic high technology piece of computer software just cant?! Screw you! You are are lying! You are just a coward who is scared of taking any risks! And you know it!

Edited by Urahara

Man you had me there, I thought oh persona 5 is out yet?

To everyone out there, who wants new and refreshing games, please throw me a lot of money, I promise I'll take risks and create risky games almost noone will buy.

But I need monies to do so, if you prefer I'll start a kickstarter to make it official with a vid I'll make on my brand new Homtom HT7.

"Pay me a lot to make all the niche games I ever wanted"

The money will be used to pay independant status here in Belgium, which costs 1.5k a month, add 500 rent, some new pc's for artist and programmer...  maybe some food... hmmm LOTZ of moneys. Backers can offer suggestions which I'll completely ignore so I can actually make a game instead of looping through all suggestions untill you get tired of it, it's for your own good. You get the privilege to bug test the game and complain about it to. I'll hire a Sheldon bot to relief your stress : "There there, *pat* *pat*"

Offer limited for short amount of time, act now, spread word, there's a 1% exclusive discount, practically throw it at you for free.

Currently I'm working on "Sims of the mad crow", a Crowfall inspired sim / tycoon game where you have to build EK's. It uses unity's 5.5 brand new hot 2D tools, state of the art guaranteed.

edit : and people claim I have no commercoal insight... ^^

Name recent big budget games that I think are great and innovative? Sure: The Secret World, Witcher 2 and 3, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Catherine, Persona 5, BioShock Infinite, Nier: Automata, just to name the ones that come to mind right now. 

Edited by Overdhose

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-