Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urahara

Request to current people working in the gaming industry

Yeah whatever you may be believing.

At least I am not that immature and amature to rate a game only about its graphics, like you do. 

I didnt read anything past this, so much wasted internet space! FYI you're wrong, i don't only rate a game on its graphics. Have fun being ignorant.

MOkvLlm.png

I didnt read anything past this, so much wasted internet space! FYI you're wrong, i don't only rate a game on its graphics. Have fun being ignorant.

Yes, and we both know for which very good reason you arent going into any of the points I mentioned, because they are the simple truth, otherwise you wouldnt have to avoid them, right?! So who is it really being ignorant here?!

But as I mentioned, I so much dont care about. I apologized. And I really appreciate every person contributing to this game project.

Also if someone read/heard the actual mindsets/thoughts of various people working in the game media channels or at game-informations-websites, they are basically all in the same state of mindset, which is very much equivalent/in line with what I am expressing.

Or as even people are expressing their impressions on this matter in the comment sections of articles regarding this topic.

http://mein-mmo.de/wo-sind-nur-all-die-mmorpgs-hin/

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

I got an important request to make to you guys.

Please just stop to make video games, we all know by now that you guys just arent capable of producing anything worth money or time.

Please just stop this ridiculous ridding of a dead bull, even destroying the last bit of respect and honorable memory people once had for the gaming industry.

Please just go back to your offices and finance institutions and so on, just please leave and never come back.

Thank you so incredible much, its not been the slightest bit of fun being with you disgusting bunch of people.

Sorry I had to be so serious and honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg1Wl6U_6vs

This king of yours would have put an end to your life the very moment he would have seen this farce.

There is nothing of love inside these people...

Someone please....put an end to this

Wow, you paid money just to say that comment? You seem desperate for attention.

Also, consider that this is in pre-alpha the game developers have MONTHS of work still to do.

Wow, you paid money just to say that comment? You seem desperate for attention.

Also, consider that this is in pre-alpha the game developers have MONTHS of work still to do.

Sorry, my fault for not expressing myself clearer or in a better manner.

I wasnt giving voice to my displeasure with Crowfall here in any way, I really appreciate and love what ACE is doing here with Crowfall, its like rain after a long period of drought.

The addressee of my post was/is the gaming industry, by which I mean the major companys in the gaming Industry, or finance institutions (living) of the gaming industry you could say.

ACE/Crowfall and other Indie developer studios are a small player in comparison to these, but a very important one, especially for the future of the gaming market. So these small Indie developer studios are more to be considered as gaming manufactories in my opinion, because they are actually (hopefully) very different to how the major companys are functioning/working.

I pretty much am able to say if a game project will be able, or maybe better said would be worthy to fly, swim or sink when it hits the market, if I got enough information available to me. And for Crowfall at the moment its looking pretty good like it would be able/worthy to fly in my opinion, so dont worry.

Sorry, my fault for not expressing myself clearer or in a better manner.

I wasnt giving voice to my displeasure with Crowfall here in any way, I really appreciate and love what ACE is doing here with Crowfall, its like rain after a long period of drought.

The addressee of my post was/is the gaming industry, by which I mean the major companys in the gaming Industry, or finance institutions (living) of the gaming industry you could say.

ACE/Crowfall and other Indie developer studios are a small player in comparison to these, but a very important one, especially for the future of the gaming market. So these small Indie developer studios are more to be considered as gaming manufactories in my opinion, because they are actually (hopefully) very different to how the major companys are functioning/working.

I pretty much am able to say if a game project will be able, or maybe better said would be worthy to fly, swim or sink when it hits the market, if I got enough information available to me. And for Crowfall at the moment its looking pretty good like it would be able/worthy to fly in my opinion, so dont worry.

If you wanted to voice your concern to the industry, these forums are not the right place.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

If you wanted to voice your concern to the industry, these forums are not the right place.

Since when did I ever say something unfitting in general, or something about myself thinking of Crowfall being a low quality product being produced by uninteresting, boring people, thus Crowfall having very less hope/promise going for it.

Common, give me a little bif of credit, would you?!

You guys should know by now how much I am appreciating ACEs way of doing things, and how much I am disappointed that this is so much of an exception of how the gaming industry is working/functioning/doing things in general.

Just imagine for a second what kind of awesome games in both quality and quantity this would be giving birth to, if they actually did.

If you cant do so, you are perfectly fitted for working as a game designer at a major company like EA or Activision.

Edited by Urahara

Since when did I ever say something unfitting in general, or something about myself thinking of Crowfall being a low quality product being produced by uninteresting, boring people, thus Crowfall having very less hope/promise going for it.

Common, give me a little bif of credit, would you?!

You guys should know by now how much I am appreciating ACEs way of doing things, and how much I am disappointed that this is so much of an exception of how the gaming industry is working/functioning/doing things in general.

Just imagine for a second what kind of awesome games in both quality and quantity this would be giving birth to, if they actually did.

If you cant do so, you are perfectly fitted for working as a game designer at a major company like EA or Activision.

No, no. I think you misunderstood me.

You said:

If you wanted the Gaming Industry to hear you, you should've posted this on reddit or somewhere, but the Industry would probably not hear you on Crowfall's forums.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

No, no. I think you misunderstood me.

You said:

If you wanted the Gaming Industry to hear you, you should've posted this on reddit or somewhere, but the Industry would probably not hear you on Crowfall's forums.

Like they even would give the slightest bit of care about what someone is thinking about them as long as the cash flow is doing just fine.

They really couldnt care less.

I mean EA was given the award for being the worst company in the USA, and they totally didnt care and ignored it, and as result were given this reward in the following year again, what no company before them ever achieved.

They honestly really couldnt care less about you.

Edited by Urahara

This thread is still going?

Why would anyone getting paid care about this - the consumers are the ones enabling everything.

What has the OP directly done to change the way the gaming industry (and the whole world) works?  Thank you for pointing out what most of already know.

Feel free to list what makes you so special/different.

/eatingpopcorn.

-fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats

This thread is still going?

Why would anyone getting paid care about this - the consumers are the ones enabling everything.

What has the OP directly done to change the way the gaming industry (and the whole world) works?  Thank you for pointing out what most of already know.

Feel free to list what makes you so special/different.

/eatingpopcorn.

-fuzz

1) Thank you for pointing out what most of already know.

As you can see in this thread, people are still having different opinions on this topic apparently.

Some because they are making a living on what is going on about the gaming industry, and others because they just dont know it any better yet.

So its important to point out how things really are, and not having the commercial media channels, which are in relation of strong dependence to the gaming industry, by either being influenced directly or indirectly by the marketing departments of the gaming industry.

Because they are making a living of talking about whats going on in the gaming industry, they cant say something negative about developments in the gaming industry, because it would directly or indirectly influence their own monetary income negatively. If there isnt anything of importance going on in the industry, they would have nothing to report about, so its in their own interest to declare the gaming industry as something interesting and worth to be engaged with, even if its not, otherwise it would hurt their source of monetary income. Because they of course dont want this to happen they are doing what it takes to keep doing what they are making a living of.

Not to talk about that the commercial media channels are totally monetary dependent of the gaming industry, which is paying them indirectly or even directly through advertisements on their webpages, or sponsoring, or directly paying them to make an article, video or stream about their products.

Thats for example the reason why Ziz with this amazing web show left the discussion yesterday.

Also this wasnt meant to become a discussion by me at any point. It wasnt my intention of making this big or something, I just had another day where I really had enough of the bad development the gaming industry has taken, and couldnt bear it anymore, and had to express somehow somewhere my dissatisfaction. Due to not having any children I could punch my frustration into, I have to rely on writing down my impressions, expressing myself this way.

Due to myself stlll to this day not being able to understand why people are going to work in the gaming industry, if they dont like games and gamers even less, and/or are utterly unwilling or incapable of developing games which are creative and ambitious with an aristic claim, but the media and E3 and everything telling me its the best times ever we are living in, I am just getting this little feeling of being a bit sold for being considered myself being dumb/stupid.

Considering that people working for Rare these days arent even having any idea of what games the real Rare created back in the days, not to talk about not just not knowing but also never been playing them, I have to strongly disagree.

I have to strongly disagree and really ask myself what kind of people these are, and why they are thinking they are the right people for the job, or what is enabling them to being capable of creating good quality games.

Because Rare was one of the ground and way laying/raising companys back then in the "Golden Age of Gaming". Rare was innovating every genre they put foot in, and they were going into new genres, making new games and such, not because a marketing person to them to, because its they recent most hyped genre or most profitable genre, no they were making all these kinds of games because they wanted to do so theirselves. They wanted to make these games and play them by theirselves, because they had fun doing so, and you were able to feel this in every bit of gameplay of their games. Its was totally amazing and its totally different to how game development and the gaming industry is working nowadays in general out of the Indie/Crowdfunding scene.

Rare was an independent mid-sized company back then, like all game developers back then. But capitalism found out at the end of the 90s that you can make a hell lot of money with videogames, and came and bought all these small and mid-sized developers, destroying the gaming industry sustainable. Only the recent development of the upcoming possibility of crowdfunding was able to bring back some chances of independent game development again, which we had back then in the past in the 90s. Sometimes you have to go a step back to be able to take a step forwards it seems.

2) What has the OP directly done to change the way the gaming industry (and the whole world) works?

He (me) is supporting crowdfunding of promising game projects such as this or Star Citizen and others.

Also he made a few raw game concepts himself.

Another engagement of his is to support independent game developers not only monetary through crowdfunding campaigns, but also through trying to get other people taking notice of these and of what is going on with the gaming industry/society in general (look at/reference to chapter 1). Due to the internet offering/having a possibly broad or/and deep communication outreach he is resorting to these. At any rate deeper and more successful than approaching and talking to people on the streets, who couldnt give less care, hopefully.

3) Feel free to list what makes you so special/different.

Thanks for the offer, but this would really take quite some time.

But I can assure you I am quite special indeed.

Edited by Urahara

I really only just want to have games available to me you would have the right to expect of nowadays game industry and technologies.

Thats all. But apparently they just dont give a crap about it. As long as their cash flows are still doing just fine.

The only ones caring and willing to take risks are those who are sharing the very same feeling and wanna see these amazing games coming to reality, which the technology available to us today is theoretically enabling us to create.

Apparently thats too much of a risk for the major finance game companys in the industry. They are totally incapable of seeing the potential such game projects would be offering, the potential monetary benefits as well. Damn, I mean, this is the future of gaming, all what the major companys are doing at the moment is stagnating on a constantly dropping level. The future of gaming for sure isnt in mobile gaming, and VR will for a long long time still not be a thing.

These people making the decisions at the major companys are honestly speaking just idiots who couldnt have less clue about the gaming industry and gaming and what they are doing. Once Star Citizen will be in a good state they will see how useless they are, or maybe even then they still wont be able to see it.

But thank god not all people are like this, and there are some people who really share the same point of view and arent scared to take risks, as such making game projects like Crowfall and Star Cititzen possible, from a developer as well as from a customer side. United together against the malicious game industry it seems. Making possible together what all the major companys with all their money they got from us cant and dont wanna make.

Edited by Urahara

Careful. That benign (and accurate) comment will get you a warning around here if some pansy bothers to hit the report button.

As ridiculous as that sounds I'm not even kidding a little. It's happened to me twice.

edit:

This is the section they rely on:

Despite the exceedingly clear requirement that you essentially be wrong in your assessment of trolling and the unmistakable requirement that you intend to "incite," they do not enforce the rule as written. I was assured this language would be changed to accurately represent their actual enforcement (using the "T" word at all = violation), but alas that was quite some time ago and zero was changed.

I just don't think the mods bother to read the threads closely enough to discern who is and who is not actually violating the COFC. Maybe they're too busy giving warnings in response to frequent fliers of the report button.

Buahaha. WB calling someone a pansy for using the report button. Pot meet kettle

And "mods" (i call them that because Pann doesn't most of the wp's) don't read threads. They only respond to player reports.

Edited by headlight

I have 29 warnings so no one gets to complain about getting one or two warning points.

Also mods dont read anything because they don't log in(which proves all my anti-mod arguments as the forum functions better without them).

Anyways this thread is the most anti-intellectual thing I've skimmed through all day. You people need evaluate y'alls lives or some poorly made socks if this what makes you mad about the world.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

What you people are unaware of, or unable to realize, is that you all wouldnt be here if the gaming industry wouldnt have become the worst and most boring ever.

Or said in an easier way, you people are here because the gaming industry really sucks.

Otherwise there would already be a bunch of great games out, which you all would be enjoying right now, and you wouldnt have any need for another game, because you would have already so many available. There wouldnt be any market need for Crowfall if that was the case, because we wouldnt just need another great game, we would have them already.

But there is a big need for great games apparently, because otherwise Crowfall would never have been crowdfunded. Again easier said for you people, like Gordon and Todd said in the kickstarter video, there is a right for this game to exist, and this right is that there are no existing ambitious MMOs and there arent any upcoming MMOs from the industry.

Thats what gives this game project a right to exist, the absence of any ambition or honest interest into games, customers, and gaming in general on the part of the gaming industry. Because the gaming industry just doesnt care as long as their cashflow is doing just fine. Or do you guys really think they are giving the least about gaming, do you really believe they are playing their games they are making?! They dont even play the games they are making theirselves. Thats like a cook who creates a meal but never tastes it. And like Ziz mentioned, this meal looks very good from a graphics standpoint, but thats not important, its important how a meal tastes, not how it looks, and its important how a game plays (gameplay), not how a game looks. Ignorant people...

Crowdfunding is apparently the only way to get ambitious games these days, because the gaming industry just has become a total finance institution, not willing to take any risks, and couldnt be caring less about games, customers or anything else besides how much money they can get out of you.

Not the MMO genre is dead, the game industry is.

Edited by Urahara

What I imagine Urahara's to-do list is for Fri 19 August:

1. Picket outside front gate of Gamescom

2. Hand out anti-industry manifesto flyers

3. Attend Crowfall BBQ and get JTC's autograph 

;)

tiPrpwh.png