Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GeistBaoh

Is CrowFall the MMORPG we all been waiting for or close to it?

Last year i was researching other MMORPGs and there are a lot out there and a few good ones but when i saw Crowfall, it stood out from all others

Is CrowFall the answer for you?

I hope it is man...

It's too soon (atleast for me) to answer you with certainty.

There are still so many features to test and to add to the game at this point.

But, I like alot the Dev team, and i love their mindset towards this game.

I also like the graphics, and the combat is becoming better and better. 

If Crowfall isn't going to be the game for me, there will be none left to fulfill my gaming desire

I really really love to see many Indie MMOs popping up. People trying to make their MMO they always desired. Thats really something I wanna see, not people making MMOs who dont even wanna play them theirselves, like the big publisher MMO developers.

But unfortunately all these small Indie MMO developer studios are lacking the resources to really being able to make their ambitious goals fully becoming true.

These small Indie MMO developer studios should all start to collaborate somehow together, to which variable degree they see fit. Alone almost no one of them is gonna reach where they are aiming to get to. Even Star Citizen is everything else than having it easy to get where they want to with their project.

My overall most favorite MMO project is Star Citizen, just because of its ambition, its on a whole other level than any other current MMO and also any other game in history.

Crowfall is my most favorite MMO project of the smaller size ones.

Edit: I forgot to mention Boundless.

I am having high hopes for Boundless the game.

http://playboundless.com/

Edited by Urahara

I hope it is man...

It's too soon (atleast for me) to answer you with certainty.

There are still so many features to test and to add to the game at this point.

But, I like alot the Dev team, and i love their mindset towards this game.

I also like the graphics, and the combat is becoming better and better. 

If Crowfall isn't going to be the game for me, there will be none left to fulfill my gaming desire

Pretty much this, couldn't have said it any better. 

My overall most favorite MMO project is Star Citizen, just because of its ambition, its on a whole other level than any other current MMO and also any other game in history.

I'll be honest with you, when I first looked at Star Citizen I thought to myself "wow, sounds like a really cool game". And it still seems like a really cool game, with the potential to be the next WoW. But nowadays when I look at it, I just see a game trying to be everything at once:

single player + MMO + space sim + FPS + player economy + pvp + pve + VR + dangerously close to P2W with powerful ships costing hundreds or thousands of dollars with lifetime insurance which means you'll never loose them. 

Maybe that's exactly why it has mass appeal. But I mean, I don't know. I got a bit turned off after a while. 

When I read about Star Citizen I felt the same way @Rikutatis. Game seems like it's trying to do too much and too big. Plus coincidentally when they did the free trial weekend a while back I installed that game and my hard drive died so I am a bit bitter.

As for Crowfall I have high hopes for it. I haven't really played an MMO hardcore in the past 5 years and most of my old MMO friends have moved on with their lives. It seems like all the games these days are survival or the same old FPS stuff. Hopefully the crowdfunding will allow the devs to turn their vision into the game fans want without the corporate execs rushing them or interfering.

I was bored of P2W content in all MMORPSs and lack of PVP. This is the last chance I'm giving to MMORPG world. If CF will fail. I wont play MMORPG again. Existing companies not worth to trust because they all proved they are giving more importance to money rather than their customers. They only think how they can milk ppl.

Hard to say, if I had a nickel for every MMO that was "the next best thing" I'd be rich. I am hoping that CF fills that void but I'm jaded, as I'm sure many others are. The problem is, a lot of people have different expectations, for some DAoC was their first love so they want something similar to that feel, for others SB was their first love (I tried the emulator the other day and don't understand that love but meh) so they want something similar to SB, and then there is a few newer generation who love WoW so they are looking to have something similar to that, the list goes on for expectations. 

It's pretty tough for any game to fulfill all those expectations, I suspect some people will be happy while others will be disappointed though it's fair to say that will not be ACE's fault. We all have different expectations. 

Like many others I have backed both CF and CU, I would love to play both so I'm hopeful that between the two of them I get a nice mix of what I'm looking to recapture.

Last year i was researching other MMORPGs and there are a lot out there and a few good ones but when i saw Crowfall, it stood out from all others

Is CrowFall the answer for you?

No. Because I want an MMO that has EVERYTHING which is an unrealistic desire but to be the be-all-end-all of MMOs then I needs everything. 

Does CF have enough to be awesome? Yes! If they deliver on their KS statement there will be enough content in there to be satisfying. That KS statement was enough for me to pledge a grip to support it. 

I have to choose between CF and CU but personaly CU is still open to game goldseller elements how muchs they said they wont let it. Another CU got huge time to release it will realease at 2018 probably late 2018 and it still consist to going out budged problem according to me. But i really want to test that physical skills in PVP that would be great. But I choosed CF because there was more promising planed things and also CF let you return to real life. Its realy important thing for me. When I look past i am just seeing slavery system in all MMO. You should be online as much as posible. There was always competing with other player by using time. CF breaking this concept. You dont need to be online for making good progress because both player has equal progresion be online or offline. Furthermore, lootable items is another good thing becausepersonally i dont need waste/spend time on grinding/farming. I can get items by PVP which is great.

I have to mention Star citizen, have good concept but its undeniable P2W game  you can pay and buy lifetime ships.

I will only quit CF if ACE break their promise and turn game into P2W. (I have doubt about EK system cash shop items ). But I am trusting ACE, I think they are also trying a sustainable business model which will continue next decade(s) .

Edited by Chaqaron

I have chosen Crowfall because their design choice gives them almost unlimited flexibility towards the game in the end regarding campaigns. And I expect or rather say demand that they use this flexibility in order to keep up the spice of the game. 

Also they can attract multiple kind of players all at once while not interfering with their playstyle (Survival like environment = Dregs, Team/Faction based effort = Infected/Gods reach). 

So all in all Crowfall may not be the game we expect it to be at Soft Release but later on it can quite grow into a game many people will like. 

And well I'm also realistic enough to see that they won't actually deliver the KS goals all together but I expect them to deliver them in a certain time after Soft Release. 

I think you will see CU long before late 2018, right now they are on schedule for Spring of 2017 but as we all know that can change rapidly. I'm rooting for both games, I do believe the two companies themselves are rooting for each other. If i'm not correct I believe JTodd said at some point he would love to try CU if he has the time, I would imagine Mark feels the same way about CF, they may be Dev's but they are also gamers and both games are pushing some never before seen boundaries.

Pretty much last chance for me. The genre is in the state where I no longer have fun.

There are always problems ... either PVE park or P2W or some other issues.

For now Crowfall is only one I have on the list....which is pretty sad.

single player + MMO + space sim + FPS + player economy + pvp + pve + VR + dangerously close to P2W with powerful ships costing hundreds or thousands of dollars with lifetime insurance which means you'll never loose them.
I have to mention Star citizen, have good concept but its undeniable P2W game  you can pay and buy lifetime ships.

Star Citizen is as much/less P2W as Crowfall is.

In Crowfall you are/will be able to buy stuff for EKs. You will be able to bring stuff from your EKs into campaign worlds. These will be limited and there will also be campaign worlds where you cant bring anything in.

In Star Citizen you can buy ships. Star Citizen isnt (or wont be in the first years) a PvP focused MMO where the players are determining everything alone. There will be different kinds of protected space and dangerous unprotected space. There will be the UEE, a huge AI NPC Military guarding some sun systems more and some less and some not at all. Due to there being protected space, someone who wants to be a pirate and buys a ship, cant easily attack you.

Also there cant be huge player clans be founded and take control of a star system thats under UEE protection, maybe that would be possible in lawless systems, but also you got to consider that human players will only make 10% of the characters in the game, 90% will be NPC, that counts for pirates as well, I guess.

So all you get is a headstart, just like in Crowfall.

Lifetime Insurance (LTI) isnt anything powerful. Ship insurance will be cheap and everybody will be able to afford it easily. Its just a very little gimmick, I think they should just take LTI out of the game, because many people are interpreting it wrong, and that causes more trouble than it brings benefits in the end.

The most people supporting Star Citizen are doing so not because they wanna have advantages or something, they are doing so just because they really wanna see this game vision/concept becoming reality. They really wanna play this game.

Star Citizen really isnt P2W, just like Crowfall isnt P2W.

The answer?  Nah, no one game is.  If you think any game will be, you'll likely be disappointed.  But I am super excited about Crowfall.  I feel Star Citizen could potentially be amazing, but they are trying to do a lot at once while Crowfall is very focused...

Star Citizen is as much/less P2W as Crowfall is.

In Crowfall you are/will be able to buy stuff for EKs. You will be able to bring stuff from your EKs into campaign worlds. These will be limited and there will also be campaign worlds where you cant bring anything in.

In Star Citizen you can buy ships. Star Citizen isnt (or wont be in the first years) a PvP focused MMO where the players are determining everything alone. There will be different kinds of protected space and dangerous unprotected space. There will be the UEE, a huge AI NPC Military guarding some sun systems more and some less and some not at all. Due to there being protected space, someone who wants to be a pirate and buys a ship, cant easily attack you.

Also there cant be huge player clans be founded and take control of a star system thats under UEE protection, maybe that would be possible in lawless systems, but also you got to consider that human players will only make 10% of the characters in the game, 90% will be NPC, that counts for pirates as well, I guess.

So all you get is a headstart, just like in Crowfall.

Lifetime Insurance (LTI) isnt anything powerful. Ship insurance will be cheap and everybody will be able to afford it easily. Its just a very little gimmick, I think they should just take LTI out of the game, because many people are interpreting it wrong, and that causes more trouble than it brings benefits in the end.

The most people supporting Star Citizen are doing so not because they wanna have advantages or something, they are doing so just because they really wanna see this game vision/concept becoming reality. They really wanna play this game.

Star Citizen really isnt P2W, just like Crowfall isnt P2W.

Buying fort keep or castle not count as P2W since there is no real effect. Its something like community hall. You still need to craft spawn point for your EK. And aswe know EK's productions are low quality.  You cant find high quality items in EK. I wish EK sale wont get new items because already my friends have doubts on EK how fast it can be turn to P2W effect. Even there is ambergo rules. I wish this beatiful thing wont turn into P2W monster.

B2P+vip status+several cosmetic items( costumes, weapon/animal skins , statues for EKs (withot bonuses) :D head of uncle bob etc...) will be enough for business. Dont need to be greedy and failed our dreams..

Like many pointed out, no one game can offer all. And at launch Crowfall might still lack some polish.

Also the crafting and economy will have to be enjoyable for me, which is hard to evaluate atm.

It's the longer run that intrests me, see how it evolves, specially the dynamics between the pvp'ers and the carebears, and if they can make it work.

Well and after the playtests see if I can get a bit better at the pvp'ing heh

@Urahara: Funny, I was just talking with some people about the potential for Crowfall to become P2W earlier today. I don't think the danger comes from the EK strongholds and parcels they're selling through the cash shop, that's just cosmetics - unlike Star Citizen ships, which are more than cosmetics and are basically selling top tier gear for cash. That's a bit too close to P2W for my comfort zone. With Crowfall, I think the main danger IMO comes from officially sanctioning players to sell their VIP credits for in game resources. In campaigns like Dregs it won't be an issue because it will be zero import, or at least very low import. But in the other campaigns that allow you to import a lot of gear and stuff from your EK, that could potentially become a P2W situation. I mean, that kind of stuff still happens in every single MMO out there, it's just not usually officially sanctioned.  ;)

@Urahara: Funny, I was just talking with some people about the potential for Crowfall to become P2W earlier today. I don't think the danger comes from the EK strongholds and parcels they're selling through the cash shop, that's just cosmetics - unlike Star Citizen ships, which are more than cosmetics and are basically selling top tier gear for cash. That's a bit too close to P2W for my comfort zone. With Crowfall, I think the main danger IMO comes from officially sanctioning players to sell their VIP credits for in game resources. In campaigns like Dregs it won't be an issue because it will be zero import, or at least very low import. But in the other campaigns that allow you to import a lot of gear and stuff from your EK, that could potentially become a P2W situation. I mean, that kind of stuff still happens in every single MMO out there, it's just not usually officially sanctioned.  ;)

But I dont think many ppl spend money for every campaign. Because they will lost their items espacialy losing condition :D Dont think they will trade VİP with game resources in campaigns. But we can see EKs which build up in one night

What attracted me to Crowfall is actually a terrible browser MMORPG i played for an embarrassing amount of time called Sherwood Dungeon.

It had the guild aspect of Crowfall, alliances, betrayal, constant PvP/battles between guilds, although the game didn't really have much to do outside of that and the game is stuck in 2006.

This game however looks great, i've been looking for a PvP focused MMORPG with a great guild system for ages with a few of my guild mates from Sherwood Dungeon and while we've tried many MMORPG's we could never find one that was right for us until now, so we are really hoping this game turns into the game we've been looking for. 

So far it 100% Looks/Sounds like the one i've been looking for.