Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GeistBaoh

What kind of mount would you like to see in CropwFall?

keep it to horses until release. Each mount needs animations and the time to make them look good could be put into time to make the char animations look better.

Im all for more mounts in the game but think about the dev res needet to do them.

In truth making a ton of mounts of different types might not be so hard. If they already make models and animations for sabertooth tigers, bears, etc. it shouldn't be hard converting them to mounts. If you already have a run animation and a "mounted rider" animation it's pretty easy.

Lipizzaner Stallions!  With the battle moves too! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gogIZALj7WY

War is an ugly thing, yet once in a great while there is something different that happens in the middle of all the bloodshed.  Any who don't know the history might find the brief research and read interesting:

The Lipizzaner's as a breed were saved by Patton and a host of others in WWII.  Right in the middle of a War an entire "operation" was organized to take the Lipizzaner's to safety.

Historically, Lipizzanner's are famed as war-mounts, much of what is put on display today tracing back to moves originally intended for wartime, either in attack, or defense of the rider.

And, I can't help it:

My all time favorite mount in MMOs is the Neverwinter Sylvan Stag.  What a model!  Almost perfectly rendered.  I wouldn't mind riding something like that in Crowfall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmpIP7ECAA

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

I would prefer they keep it simple. Horses, raptors, big cats, dire wolves and maybe a few larger multi-person combination mount/resource transports like mammoths.

As cool as ARK is I don't want dinosaurs everywhere. Raptor style mounts are ok because they're heavily ingrained in fantasy already with mounts like cold ones in Warhammer being pretty common.

But stop there. I don't want the ridiculous mounts that are so common in Asian MMOs like TERA. Riding a potted plant, or a toy police car is just stupid looking.

OJN1n7E.png

But stop there. I don't want the ridiculous mounts that are so common in Asian MMOs like TERA. Riding a potted plant, or a toy police car is just stupid looking.

Bruh, I'm totally going to ride a muppet with my tuxedo on and goat hat using my candy cane sword whilst my pink poodle mini pet follows me around.  Isn't this what we all want in a MMORPG?  I mean, when I read Tolkien or Robert E. Howard I am constantly wishing that a woman-child with rabbit ears and a huge, steampunk gun would show up to blast a few orcs/evil wizards while giggling and being sassy... 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

Can't forget Fresians.  If we have horses, can some of them be modelled after these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY6lEvX36gk&list=PL2Lm36y0fi9VaWZphfO5xDzrCb0rMrD8m&index=2

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

No mounts for me - are they needed?

Probably if you want to race back to defend your keep. Or hurry up to your escrow with rare mats. Or anything really that involves a press for time.

OS_Sig3.png

I want a Hippogriff with an Eagle Head and Eagle Wings, a  Scorpion Tail *fffau fffaau fffffffaaaau*, ...

!!This would be so exciting.!!

Oh wait....

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

They probably need to keep it simple early to save on animation costs, but if they just animated a few simple things like horse/wolf/tiger they could easily make a ton of skin variations for those that wouldn't require any additional animation work. For me personally that would be enough for entire game, but I wouldn't be opposed to additional types of mounts being added after release. Just as long as they don't get too nuts with it as others have mentioned.