Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GeistBaoh

whats the 1 thing ACE is doing to Crowfall that you hope they didn't or don't do?

i liked the telegraph combat (aim and telegraph would be nice), the knight mid air flip, Voxel Destruction looked better, pretty much i like the look of the kickstarted crowfall game but I'm sure the launch version will be clean

what are you HOPES for crowfall?

The crows and vessels system is atrocious to persistent open world pvp tbh.  It's going to make the game feel more like overwatch than an actual mmo. 

Pretty much, I was put off by the whole vessel system. Though I understand their reasoning behind it, it doesn't mean I have to like it. It's not a deal breaker but it opens alot of questions, we'll see I guess. 

Up to this point, the one feature I feel strongly against is damage splitting. I really don't like it. I hope they will reconsider before launch. 

I'm also really looking forward to an announcement regarding friendly fire, we don't know anything yet. I really hope they nail that one. 

Voxels, real physics (as opposed to fake physics), cartoon artstyle.

@Riku, pretty sure the AMA put Friendly Fite to bed. Jtodd It's not going to be full friendly fire; it's essentially going to be as it is in the alpha. Post launch they may consider trying a CW with increased FF, but their not basing the combat system on it.

I suppose the combo system, followed closely by the vessel system.

I could be completely mistaken. Giving it a chance. It's not the way I'd have done it though.

Combo system and lack of customization are also good ones. The latter I think is still to early to tell.

Voxels, real physics (as opposed to fake physics), cartoon artstyle.

@Riku, pretty sure the AMA put Friendly Fite to bed. Jtodd It's not going to be full friendly fire; it's essentially going to be as it is in the alpha. Post launch they may consider trying a CW with increased FF, but their not basing the combat system on it.

The topic was ignored in the AMA right? I didn't read everything, I just remember FF questions not being answered. But yea, you're probably right. Doesn't seem likely it will make it to the soft release at least. And personally, I feel like even a group only FF mechanic would be enough to add an extra layer of strategy to the game (as long as groups are small). And that might work better with the combat system as it is. 

And I kinda like the crows and vessels system tbh. I guess we'll see how it plays out. 

I must be really easy to please, cause i believe that they have made a lot of smart choices with how they are putting CF together.  Nothing they have said or done (excluding that 15 FPS video they released) has really struck the wrong the chord with me.  I will probably keep living in la-la-land till they decide to step on my hopes and dreams.

Cheers.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Eternal Kingdoms seem pretty pointless. I get that they want some sort of persistence since the campaign worlds are temporary but it still seems like a huge waste of time.

Not upset by it being a feature. Just be sure to include a target dummy and I'll be happy. 

I'd say the Red Light/Green Light combat. I'd prefer only the final move in the combo to animation lock, makes it feel more powerful. And at the same time would make the game feel less like the original Resident Evil back in 1996. 

Although it's getting slightly better. It's still wonky.

OS_Sig3.png

Being shortsighted on the multiplicative implications of decisions on supporting zerging; friendly fire (they haven't spoken about it enough to disuade my fears), damage splitting, target caps, introducing any sort of "stick" to discourage the behavior.

For a strategy game, they sure are emphasizing strength in numbers so far with little if any counter except equal numbers to fight back. *yawn* I'm sure it''l be a big issue 3-4 months past launch when the entire player base is complaining.... except for the zerg guilds. All of which will be far too late in development to deal with it.

Edited by scree

First I have to preface this with since FF won't be reasonable with or viable with combat not being precision based the most off putting feature is the RNG damage/healing splitting. That level RNG in a team based strategic PvP game is counter productive. It minimizes choice and skill. When I preform an action the dice gods will determine if it was a good or bad choice. In a critical situation I can only sit on the side lines and pray it will work out. RNG targeting does NOT equal strategy.

If there is a multiplayer PvP game that has done this successfully I would really appreciate a link.

Edited by Keaggan

Combat. Combat is bad. Combat Now = Better Then Combat Before. Still S**** Balls.

If this archaic language dosn't cut it :

Combat is too slow.

Combat is too heavy animation locked.

Combat has mechanics that favor numbers over tactic.

I am disappointed on this one the most. Since they all the big slogans they made "Working on combat till it's done right"  "Not a game for everyone - only for pvp crowd"  "Combat is most important"       one could say that at least this one element has to be good.

IT"S FREAKING NOT.

IT'S SLOW AND BORING and drives me nuts.

I expected Tera or Dragon Nest or better. For now its .... not even comparable.

Combat =   awful

Crows and Vassals = Questionable but also Innovative ! Want to try.

Archtypes = Intresting but due to poor combat mechanics they suffer.

Graphics and Enviroment = Pretty nice.

Crafting = Good start, but info to low for now,

EK's = secondary for me, but seems fun and important as break from campaign hub.

Edited by Naur