Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

whats the 1 thing ACE is doing to Crowfall that you hope they didn't or don't do?

Well in case you haven't noticed ACE isn't actually that interested in making a game how it "should" be. They have their vision and want to stick to it the best they can. They are not going to be beholden to some peoples narrow view of how they think a game should be made based on what labels they want to attach to it.

If don't understand that then sorry no idea what Dev or what game you think been following because it isn't this one.

I understand that this is a thread about what people hope ace doesn't do and not a thread about what ace is going to do.  Perhaps you don't understand that?

Again, Eve not being an action game IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT in this discussion.

It's the player progression that players get attached to. The time and effort used to build their character to their playstyle. Whether the game is a MUD, RTS, tab target, MOBA, action RPG, etc., is irrelevant. As long as the game allows players to build themselves in different unique ways, players will get attached to their chars. 

Yea you think it is irrelevant because you don't have the proper experience to see how things like this matter.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay I just cover zerging and damage-spliting for now.   Damage-Splitting: Is for my understanding a simple approximation of energy-distribution.   Crowfall wants 'real' physics and one of the bas

The crows and vessels system is atrocious to persistent open world pvp tbh.  It's going to make the game feel more like overwatch than an actual mmo. 

Being shortsighted on the multiplicative implications of decisions on supporting zerging; friendly fire (they haven't spoken about it enough to disuade my fears), damage splitting, target caps, introd

My issue is what if I get attached to some crazy unique build (archetype+promotion+disciplines+stats) that I love playing, and I can't easily recreate that every time I die. I would have an idea of what I want my character to be, but might only rarely get to play it. Will have to see how the mechanics all work exactly.

If I remember correctly, ACE has alluded to the ability to save templates for your vessels.  I hope this will make replicating Reginald, your bald, red-bearded, ninja-pirate healing Confessor a relatively effortless task.  I expect it to be a problem of economics, rather than UX.  Once the game gets to the point that your guild leader says you cannot field yet another Reginald because your guild is too resource poor to afford the discipline runes and equipment, I'll consider the game economy to be a success.

If I remember correctly, ACE has alluded to the ability to save templates for your vessels.  I hope this will make replicating Reginald, your bald, red-bearded, ninja-pirate healing Confessor a relatively effortless task.  I expect it to be a problem of economics, rather than UX.  Once the game gets to the point that your guild leader says you cannot field yet another Reginald because your guild is too resource poor to afford the discipline runes and equipment, I'll consider the game economy to be a success.

QFT on economy hopes.

Yea you think it is irrelevant because you don't have the proper experience to see how things like this matter.

Okay, I'll bite. What does EvE not being an action mmo and player attachment have to do with each other?

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

This thread is a little pointless. You are discusing a system which is only revealed as concept.

We don't know how we can switch bodies (bodies, not character. because the crow is the character) and what penalties we have. Maybe a fast switch could crush half of the durability on everthing you have on that body. Would you still switch your body just because it is more convenience to the group? We have literaly to few information about this system to talk about it in this way.

And one of the best things on Crowfall is: The rules can change depending on the campain-setting, maybe there will be some campains that only allows one body or one archetype. We just don't know it yet.

Ohhh and one last thing: Immersion. It's just to funny, how the wrong side has taken that argument. A little example:

What is the bigger immersion-breaker If I switch from damage dealer to healer?

• I go to the next Town/Altar/Graveyard and switch my Body according to the limitation of the world my charackter is living in.

or

• I press the 'ESC'-Key click onto 'Change Character' go to the Selection-Screen and select my healer.

In terms of immersion 'crow&vessel' is a good system. In other mmorpgs an character vanishes from the world and another character spawns somewhere else. And nobody is even slightly suprised if both share the same memories. Immersion breaks if you leave the virtual world or the world contradicts it own rules.  With the crows&vessel system you can change bodies without leaving the virtual world or breaking any world-rule. So I realy don't see how that could be bad for the immersion into the virtual world of crowfall.

And to make one last thing clear. Your vessel or body will have no specific lore and allegiances. It was ether a dead body (which mean nobody expecting you back) or you 'build' it yourself. All the lore of your vessel has to come from the player.

Okay, now realy the last thing. To give you a good point in terms of play style. Wouldn't it be cool to take the body of the dead enemy to infiltrate the enemy camp? Maybe something like this could be possible within this system, but most likly it will fail, even if possible, as most guild would talk about teamspeak and co. But these trojan horses wouldn't be possible with the 'normal' character system shown by nearly all mmos so far.

to be fair human on computer, everything but the basic things you need to live, is a little pointless.... kill you in game :D sign the SIN10nail

Seperate regions with different publishers.. not big on that. I was hoping for us to be able to choose which area to play in. Akin to say what Overwatch is doing. Where everything is connected and you just switch when you want.

I'm not an idiot, I simply choose not to think.

2CdBx2L.png

I've read the thread and stopped here.

The easiest way to explain why people may not like the vessel system(and i haven't even played the game yet), is it seems like it gives a single player the ability to switch into other classes to easily.... I think people are concerned about the uniqueness of the battlefield. If you can just change in to whatever is the nuts at that time, then everyone will be doing the same exact thing as everyone else.  

examples

If class A is best in this situation then whoever just morphs into that class and deal with the situation in the games most efficient way possible

if class A is best in this situation and your are playing class B, you have to learn to improvise and find solutions other than the games most efficient answer.

i don't think people are articulating accurately why exactly the have a problem with this class changing system. Yes people like to invest heavily into characters and like to play them for long periods of time and that is an issue, but from what I've been reading on these forums the above scenario is running heavily through everyone's mind and they just aren't saying it right. 

crazy comparison but what if you could start a game of league of legends and then change champions in the middle of the match??? what if you could do this 3 times... or infinity... the consistent problems of finding balance among the classes is going to be tough if you can just change into whatever is he best at the time for whatever the situation is.. and everyone knows that everyone else is going to do the exact same thing they are going to do in each situation.. boring.

I think our designers planned this system in coordination with a very large skill set that will take a very long time to master the skills you "really" want for a "main" archetype... let alone getting several good vessels of this archetype fleshed out for real use with solid gear and disciplines.  It will take months (or possibly several CWs start to finish) to just get the skills up for your Ranger and get some decent gear, if you swap out to your Legio it will not be optimized for the best legio skills because you have spent months progressing the archery type skills.  I do not see anyone having much ability to swap vessel archetypes and not pay a huge price in effectiveness for at least the first year of live...

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I will certainly be happier with getting 3 choices from 95 disciplines rather than mustaches...

Exactly! Character customization > face customization. People are going to want 100 different types of helmets in addition to 95 mustaches types. Really pointless. The only reason is to print out your character's avatar to put on a body pillow.

Natalie and Melissa don't have mustaches, so again -- pointless.

You get to change face, hair style, hair color, skin color... just like WoW. If 12+million people can survive with it than so can we.

I don't think (I could be wrong) he's talking about that kind of customization.

He's probably comparing CF to the SB levels of customization (Race, Sex, Class, Disciplines, varied available weapon lines, same for armor lines, passive lines like running and dodge, full stat control, full individual and focus skill training control, etc.). I'm keeping an open mind with the disciplines and advantages / disadvantages, hoping it will make up for a lot, but I definitely get where the guy is coming from.

Edited by coolwaters

Combat. Combat is bad. Combat Now = Better Then Combat Before. Still S**** Balls.

If this archaic language dosn't cut it :

Combat is too slow.

Combat is too heavy animation locked.

Combat has mechanics that favor numbers over tactic.

I am disappointed on this one the most. Since they all the big slogans they made "Working on combat till it's done right"  "Not a game for everyone - only for pvp crowd"  "Combat is most important"       one could say that at least this one element has to be good.

IT"S FREAKING NOT.

IT'S SLOW AND BORING and drives me nuts.

I expected Tera or Dragon Nest or better. For now its .... not even comparable.

Combat =   awful

Crows and Vassals = Questionable but also Innovative ! Want to try.

Archtypes = Intresting but due to poor combat mechanics they suffer.

Graphics and Enviroment = Pretty nice.

Crafting = Good start, but info to low for now,

EK's = secondary for me, but seems fun and important as break from campaign hub.

Sadly I have not been able to get into the game yet , but from what I have seen so far the combat is indeed not looking nearly as good as it should be for a PVP based game.

I used to play ESO, but I had to abandon it becouse the devs didn't realy care about PVP and were more focusd on expending the PVE side. If you ignore the fact that the PVP combad was neaver realy properly balanced, it actually felt amazing! It had fast pased action combad beter than any other game i've ever seen. I also liked the fact that you had never more than 5 abillitys (skills)  + ultimate ability on your hotbar  at any given time. (actually 10 becouse you could swap to a 2nd bar.) Which is imo just the right amount to have plenty of options to make an interesting build, and not so much that is too hard to properly map all the keys in a way that you can easely find them on your keyboard. I would be disapointed if I end up having to use the 1 to 9 keys and perhaps even to be effective in combat. 

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that this is a thread about what people hope ace doesn't do and not a thread about what ace is going to do.  Perhaps you don't understand that?

The thread as a whole? yes, but what you were quoting and then replying with action genre poorly made socks was only about character immersion so for that particular part of the thread it was completely irrelevant

Edited by Gummiel

The thread as a whole? yes, but what you were quoting and then replying with action genre poorly made socks was only about character immersion so for that particular part of the thread it was completely irrelevant

Nope it was completely relevant... sorry you don't see it that way. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir