Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BCGiant

Raid Events

Greetings, 

first up !! i am not talking about Raid Raids!!! So hear me out.

Guild A takes over a castle, now they can start a quest chain where in the end they get to fight a boss. 

That boss needs to be killed by a bigger group. The boss is in the open world so enemy guilds can attack while Guild A fights the boss.

The boss drops nice stuff, can only be killed once every few weeks.

that link between taken castles and bosses with nice loot isn't good for the game and will cause much balance problems. In my view pvp and pve shouldn't be linked like this.(PvE shouldn't effect PvP and the other way round) I guess there will be some kind of world/elite bosses like the gryffn or giants etc. but fighting this monsters should only be a "swag move" to show how good/strong you are in the game (maybe you get the head as trophy like in witcher 3 , that you can place in your guildhall) and killing bosses should only give little loot like recipes or materials for crafting. If these bosses would drop epic loot like in wow ( f.e. best armor/sword etc. in game) here in crowfall ,it would crush the crafting and the playerbased economy.

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

here in crowfall ,it would crush the crafting and the playerbased economy.

I would go that far it would depend on what the boss drops and how often u can kill him. If he isnt killed as often it should be fine, world bosses are often pvp/pve events even in WOW

i played wow and in don't like this bossgrinding for epic loot, it gets boring after a short period of time. Trust me epic loot on bosses in crowfall won't be positiv for crowfall.

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

I would go that far it would depend on what the boss drops and how often u can kill him. If he isnt killed as often it should be fine, world bosses are often pvp/pve events even in WOW

Nah. The last thing this game needs is gear dropping from mobs.

If you do that, you're taking away crafting opportunities from dedicated crafters. Which is a horrible idea.

Besides, I backed this game so I could fight other players, not mobs.

231e101d88.jpg

World boss mob that drop rare reveries or resources will be untrue game. They won't drop any ready to use items. Anything that bypasses the bypasses loop hurts the economy and inner player dependencies.

They will also be open to all to find and defeat. Some might let other guilds do the heavy lifting THEN attack to get the resources themselves. Giving us another thing to fight over.

direct items: no

important and rare crafting reagents: yes

static spawning locations on a regular timer: no

also you're all forgetting: monsters are themselves an important item for crafting - capturing Thrall souls to be put into equipment or buildings.

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I'd be okay with "events" which happen in a CW, but are 1-time, possibly time consuming and risky. Creates a risk-reward balance between going after these guys or preparing for PvP. 

Cannot drop direct loot, possibly rare materials like "dragon scales" to create armor, weapons, etc. with.

I am hoping the Gryphons and Wyverns that are already planned for the game will hard enough you need 10-15 people to take them out anyways.  No quests, no extra goodies, just crafting mats.  I am hoping these mobs are hard hitting randomly spawning "resource nodes" that could direct players towards the scrum with an easy emote that is broadcast over a certain range. "you hear a high pitched roar to the north east".

Oh the tears that will flow will be something glorious (mine included).

Edited by destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

The Idea behind it was, to give a guild another reason to take a certain castle. I never sad anything about loot in general. More like crafting mats, achievment that sort of thing. Its up to the dev. I just would like something like that because it would give a guild something esle to do, as an option maybe go get a castle nobody wants so you can do that quest chain.

The Idea behind it was, to give a guild another reason to take a certain castle. I never sad anything about loot in general. More like crafting mats, achievment that sort of thing. Its up to the dev. I just would like something like that because it would give a guild something esle to do, as an option maybe go get a castle nobody wants so you can do that quest chain.

If nobody wants a castle, then it's because the castle isn't useful. It'll go on, be destroyed, and that's fine. In fact, such things such as "importance" of PoI's, including castles, should be a factor in taking it. A castle which isn't positioned well, or that doesn't have many resources around it, can be used for those who would rather not confront enemies so directly. Thus, castles that nobody wants are a good thing, not a bad. I don't feel this sort of 'artificial' incentive is necessary.

I don't see a problem with having large, powerful creatures which require a group of 10-20 players to defeat. It seems like a good way to distribute rare additives in the crafting system and promote impromptu PvP. I don't see the point of linking it to castle ownership, though perhaps some of these large creatures could inhabit the larger fortresses and strongholds. You would need sufficient numbers to successfully clear the ruin and begin building on it.

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Randomly generated randomly place mini-bosses would be fun will special crafting item drops. like for instance you and your group is heading to a castle or hold off in the distance and on your way you run into a mini-boss hiding in a forest or in a mountain area where a boss jumps down from a hi up ledge and surprises your group . If you stick them in places where people know where they might be people will always head to thoughs locations to grind resources. It would be much cooler if there just attacked you out of now where.

Randomly generated randomly place mini-bosses would be fun will special crafting item drops. like for instance you and your group is heading to a castle or hold off in the distance and on your way you run into a mini-boss hiding in a forest or in a mountain area where a boss jumps down from a hi up ledge and surprises your group . If you stick them in places where people know where they might be people will always head to thoughs locations to grind resources. It would be much cooler if there just attacked you out of now where.

I agree with this. They already want PvE to be hard with minimal enemies to grind. A few big guys hiding or found just out of view would be a good way to get some of the better crafting materials for making stronger Vessels. I like the 10-20 numbers stated above. Just enough that you have a medium to large group to take on. Where you most likely have a crafter who could make some sweet body parts or runes with it. They don't need to be 20 minute raid bosses. But a 5 minute fight with 10 people is not crazy and still possible with a limited budget. They could always just do the old gaming sin of a bigger HP pool and more dmg for difficulty instead of dodging crazy attack patterns. Easy enough and adds another POI to look out for.

I don't see a problem with having large, powerful creatures which require a group of 10-20 players to defeat. It seems like a good way to distribute rare additives in the crafting system and promote impromptu PvP. I don't see the point of linking it to castle ownership, though perhaps some of these large creatures could inhabit the larger fortresses and strongholds. You would need sufficient numbers to successfully clear the ruin and begin building on it.

I seem to be quoting you a lot today. :D

Do you remember the large boss mobs in SB?  It took 2 to 3 groups of 10 to fight.  They were beneficial for guilds because part of the loot were things that could be used for city building or sieges.  If memory serves me correctly, they had a chance to drop a Tree of Life seed, or was it a banestone.  Point is, that even PvE elements can and have been used to help further PvP.

Edited by Teufel

lUvvzPy.png

I'm all for World-Boss with cool Rare Crafting Mats and Thralls. Whole Items mostly makes no Sense, why should that big Yeti have a perfektly sized Armor for you^^

If they have something like that I would prefer hidden Areas and only one Kill per Campaign. This could be a great way to Buff the Explorer-Playstyle. And maybe it could get even stronger with each Season until you need 50 People or so. And a Bosskill in the Last Season could have a great impact on the outcome as resources a low at the end.

It would be great to organice a Attack on those bosses without the Enemy finding out.^^

Edited by Eldo

Banner-400x80.png