Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Music And The Story Are Still Very Important!

Artcraft being built of some of the most experienced people in the MMO business, I do hope (actually I'm confident that you guys know) that the music is very important in any game. I feel that music in itself is overlooked or underemphasized, as well as the storyline. The music sets the mood and the feel, increasing the epicness of most games and also in movies, it's an integral part of any amazing game. Given this, I hope to hear AMAZING music when playing the game :D

Same goes for the storyline. I don't know about you guys, especially those of you who skip the whole storyline or don't care about it or don't pay attention to it, but the storyline and the history all draw me in, keep me rooted to the game. Ironically I hate the subject of history IRL but I like game history, probably because I love how literature intertwines. I like the plot twists, the good, juicy story, the throwbacks to the beginning. Everyone craves a good, epic, maybe even tragic story right? 

I feel these 2 factors are, as I mentioned before, overlooked and underemphasized. Too important to leave out.

P.S. I hate English Class also. I don't care for classics, if it's a good story or is not, that's entirely my opinion and I shouldn't be forced to learn about something I'll never use/care about >:D

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

Music and story are very important in RPGs.

They are not important in sandbox MMOs. In sandbox MMOs the players are the story.

I certainly would prefer good music rather than average or bad music, but most players will have music turned off at all times to ensure they can adequately assess danger in the game, and of course communicate with group members and guild mates over voice chat.

Artcraft being built of some of the most experienced people in the MMO business, I do hope (actually I'm confident that you guys know) that the music is very important in any game. I feel that music in itself is overlooked or underemphasized, as well as the storyline. The music sets the mood and the feel, increasing the epicness of most games and also in movies, it's an integral part of any amazing game. Given this, I hope to hear AMAZING music when playing the game :D

Same goes for the storyline. I don't know about you guys, especially those of you who skip the whole storyline or don't care about it or don't pay attention to it, but the storyline and the history all draw me in, keep me rooted to the game. Ironically I hate the subject of history IRL but I like game history, probably because I love how literature intertwines. I like the plot twists, the good, juicy story, the throwbacks to the beginning. Everyone craves a good, epic, maybe even tragic story right? 

I feel these 2 factors are, as I mentioned before, overlooked and underemphasized. Too important to leave out.

P.S. I hate English Class also. I don't care for classics, if it's a good story or is not, that's entirely my opinion and I shouldn't be forced to learn about something I'll never use/care about > :D

You look hard enough and you'll find intriguing stories in history that would blow the socks off Game of Thrones. A good example is the Borgias.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

You look hard enough and you'll find intriguing stories in history that would blow the socks off Game of Thrones. A good example is the Borgias.

Oh heck yeah.  In fact, there's a TV show I keep debating on watching on Netflix about that.

Game of Thrones was inspired by the War of the Roses, also awesome.

Oh heck yeah.  In fact, there's a TV show I keep debating on watching on Netflix about that.

Yeah there's two Borgia shows. Ones infinitely better than the other, so choose wisely.

Having an interesting lore to the game's world is good.  Having good music for the players to listen to is optional.  Forcing players to play through some arbitrary, scripted story that they neither have any interest in nor represents what kind of character they want to play is bad for an MMO.  Let the players write their own stories.

Dunno about the Story bout you guys, interests me A LOT, but we should have an option to be able to skip it. The music most definitely has to be amazing.

The people who don't listen to the music, IGNORE THEM. When talking about music in games, all that matters is the people who do listen. Sounds off option for those who don't want to. And make the music amazing. As stated before, it increases immersion BIG TIME for us who do love the music :D

ϟhαdσwßłαdə

+1 to the Borgias series. It's brutal, sexy, and taboo. I watched it twice. 

This one.

Edited by iridianshadowweaver

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

+1 to the Borgias series. It's brutal, sexy, and taboo. I watched it twice. 

This one.

Nah the international one is much better. Much more gruesome, realistic, and true to history.

Nah the international one is much better. Much more gruesome, realistic, and true to history.

Ooh. Link? I wanna follow up.

Click your profile name>Click Manage Ignore Prefs>Find "Add a new user to my list" at the bottom of the page>Type in a username>Check options>Save Changes>Silence is bliss.

Dunno about the Story bout you guys, interests me A LOT, but we should have an option to be able to skip it. The music most definitely has to be amazing.

The people who don't listen to the music, IGNORE THEM. When talking about music in games, all that matters is the people who do listen. Sounds off option for those who don't want to. And make the music amazing. As stated before, it increases immersion BIG TIME for us who do love the music :D

I want history, not a story. We make the story from the day we log in.

And, no, music isn't just about the people that listen to it. The people that play the game with the sound on and think its ridiculously immersion breaking to have an action movie soundtrack all of a sudden swell into existence just because I'm in combat, despite the fact that I'm in the middle of nowhere. Is there an orchestra following me through the woods? No, of course not.

If you're in town and you walk by a street performer = music. If you're in an inn and there's a bard playing = music. Everywhere else = ambient sound.

That's not even taking into account the amount of money spent on a soundtrack that only a fraction of the players will listen to. What a waste of money.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.