Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall poster series: The Myrmidon

Obviously merchandising is not a priority but I'd love to buy one of these at some point. Especially since there's a good chance I'll be playing a Myrmidon.

Edited by Zybak

What are these posters for?

Concept art, advertising material, etc. At least that's what art is usually used for in games. Would be cool if they started selling these posters in the CF store as well, I suppose. 

I really like the Myrmidon poster though, looks badass. Duelist as well, I never cared much for the guineceans, but the poster looks amazing. 

What are these posters for?

I have been doing these character pics in my spare time since the Kickstarter - its really just for fun and to show our characters in a slightly different style. Once we get our high quality print fulfillment figured out, we will start selling various pieces from art team. I personally need some Greco prints on my wall.

Billy Garretsen - UX Design Lead, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

[Personal Portfolio]

Oh yeah, btw Billy, how's the Druid poster coming along?

And will there be gendered variants of these posters later down the line?

Druid is coming along well. Im chipping away here and there when I have a night free. As far as genders, it really depends on demand. Being that this isn't my main job (UX is quite demanding!) its hard to commit beyond the original announced 13 archetype genders, but I would love to do all of them if Crowfall fans want. Write a letter to your local Todd or Gordon and cast your vote!

[Personal Portfolio]

Druid is coming along well. Im chipping away here and there when I have a night free. As far as genders, it really depends on demand. Being that this isn't my main job (UX is quite demanding!) its hard to commit beyond the original announced 13 archetype genders, but I would love to do all of them if Crowfall fans want. Write a letter to your local Todd or Gordon and cast your vote!

Good to hear, now I just need to write 1,000,000 unique-looking letters to Todd and Gordon asking for those posters >:]

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Concept art, advertising material, etc. At least that's what art is usually used for in games. Would be cool if they started selling these posters in the CF store as well, I suppose.

I really like the Myrmidon poster though, looks badass. Duelist as well, I never cared much for the guineceans, but the poster looks amazing.

As far as i know the art dave greco does is the concept art, and billy uses it for inspiration or starting off point. (Didnt he say this during the live stream?)

These posters look they serve no purpose. Unless they are going to sell them or something else which is why i asked.

Ive always thought they looked totally different than everything else, art is subjective and it doesnt matter if i like them, others will. Im just curious if we'll see them used for something is all or maybe billy just does them for fun in his free time to stimulate his UI mastermind!

Edited by Ziz

MOkvLlm.png

As far as i know the art dave greco does is the concept art, and billiy use it for inspiration. (Didnt he sayd this durring the live stream?)

These posters look they they serve no purpose. Unless they are going to sell them or something else which is why i asked.

Ive always thought they looked totally different than everything else, art is subjective and it doesnt matter if i like them, others will. Im just curious if we'll see them used for something is all or maybe billy just does them for fun in his free time to stimulate his UI mastermind!

Dave's is definitely the OFFICIAL art. Before UX and Design I spent many years being an Illustrator so its really just a fun exercise to do some Crowfall characters, even if they serve no purpose in the game. The more artists we have putting their own spin on Crowfall, the bigger the brand and concepts will become which is good for everyone :)

[Personal Portfolio]