Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm Posting a Hello!

Hey all, this game sounds neat. I've dabbled in MMOs for a while with my longest stint in WoW, which happened to coincide with college/university and a couple semesters of easy classes. I've been clean for the last couple years though, once the guild broke up the appeal evaporated.

I'm from the US. I work in software, but not games, quite the opposite. This weekend I'll be playing 2-day long paintball game that is inspired by the invasion of Normandy. The weather looks unpredictable so I'm a little concerned about that, but it should be fun nontheless.

After this intro what should I do next to stay involved? Anything more than browsing a forum from time to time? I am a backer already, but I don't start until Beta 1.

Welcome, Zyzyx. 

If you'd like to learn more about the game, I'd start by reading through the faq section.  Some of it is a little out of date (since things are constantly changing) but it should give you a good idea where the game is heading.  Then, check out the videos section.  Artcraft has put out a ton of videos since they started this thing last year, and there's a lot of great information.  Third, spend some time in a Twitch channel during one of the combat tests.  It's a great way to get to know some of the community, ask questions, and see the current state of the game.  You even have the opportunity to chat with the developers, as they are constantly joining in on Twitch chat during the tests.

If you'd like to stay up to date, ACE typically does news updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with the occasional Wednesday drop for special announcements.

If you prefer a directer form, you may want to visit one of the community voice chat options...can't say how many people you'll find outside of the test-times, but well :)

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share