Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IdeaMatrix

Pokemon Go

http://gizmodo.com/armed-robbers-used-pokemon-go-to-find-9-victims-1783416898

The new augmented reality game Pokemon Go has gotten people off the couch and into the real world. But police in O’Fallon, Missouri say that four men have used the game to find players at a specific location, and robbed them using a handgun.

About eight or nine people have been robbed by four men over the past couple of days, a spokesperson from the O’Fallon Police Department told Gizmodo over the phone. The latest robbery occurred Sunday morning at around 2am by the men in a black BMW before they were finally apprehended by police.

The suspects used the Pokemon Go game to find their victims by anticipating where people might go through popular PokeStops—virtual sites in the game that can be designated at any real world location, from businesses to parking lots to churches.

The four men who were apprehended all range in age from 16 to 18. Their names and what they stole from their victims have not been released.

The O’Fallon Police Department advises that if you’re going to let your kids play Pokemon Go, make sure you keep an eye on where they’re hanging out.

Update, 6:19pm: The St. Charles County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office has announced that it’s charging three people with Robbery in the 1st Degree and Armed Criminal Action; a Class A Felony and an Unclassified Felony.

The three people are all being referred to as adults, depsite the fact that one is 17. The three are Shane Michael Backer, 18, Brett William Miller, 17, and Jamine James D. Warner, 18.

OJN1n7E.png

This is the kind of thing that would consume my life if i got into it, so i have no choice but to avoid it like the plague. 

aka honeybear

LVL21

Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey Pidgey

-fuzz

MC5A65T.jpg

#donteventrip [det] - 1.2 counter-strike OG - SugoiAnime-Planet stats

I installed it. You'd be surprised how many people in Slack play this....and who. But yeah, I figured I'd try it. Maybe just once I won't be the last one to try a fad before the pop dies. Not even level 5 yet. It's amazing how a game can change your straight line you normally walk to a destination....

I installed it. You'd be surprised how many people in Slack play this....and who. But yeah, I figured I'd try it. Maybe just once I won't be the last one to try a fad before the pop dies. Not even level 5 yet. It's amazing how a game can change your straight line you normally walk to a destination....

That really doesn't surprise me at all... It's not a very hardcore gamer's game. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The game has better combat than Crowfall. Even that game believes in a dodge.

I dunno I have never played a pokemon game so I can't compare... I just know that it doesn't surprise me the game is so popular on the crowfall slack... it isn't really popular on the crowfall irc though.

I dunno I have never played a pokemon game so I can't compare... I just know that it doesn't surprise me the game is so popular on the crowfall slack... it isn't really popular on the crowfall irc though.

actually, the only thing popular on Crowfall slack is the Newsbot. No one goes in there anymore except Fenris and Freeze to talk about soccer.

And mixing the outdoors with walking would never be popular on the Crowfall IRC.

actually, the only thing popular on Crowfall slack is the Newsbot. No one goes in there anymore except Fenris and Freeze to talk about soccer.

And mixing the outdoors with walking would never be popular on the Crowfall IRC.

Odd you should say that since we actually enjoy long walks on the beach in the crowfall IRC.  But we do not enjoy games like pokemon go.

The huge, massive success of Pokemon Go is showing explicit which incredible, gigantic potential is residing in the MMO genre.

And its showing how awful incompetent and awkward the developers of MMOs are. Totally uncreative, boring people, who think they could make games just because they can do programming. The game industry is a total joke these days, so much of a joke that they even arent making any big games anymore.

Just wait until Star Citizen takes off, then all these wanna be game developers can live on the street, when Star Citizen shows the world what massive potential is remaining in gaming.

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Just wait until Star Citizen takes off, then all these wanna be game developers can live on the street, when Star Citizen shows the world what massive potential is remaining in gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Really though, Star Citizen is the worst thing to happen to indie sandbox mmos since... anything.

After $116 m and what, 5+ years of development? They are nowhere. People are going to look back at SC and it will be known as the Hindenburg of mmos. 

Edited by vucar

aka honeybear