Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Verot

Combat: I've been spoiled by BDO

I'm not avoiding it, it just has no relevance based on what I actually stated and what you have attempted to misconstrue me as saying.

I'm asking you the question now:

My question is whether you believe the devs will make the combat more complex in order to raise the "skill-ceiling." That's one of those yes or no questions.

But you aren't really entitled to an answer after you attempted to do what you attempted to do? 

That is rich coming from you.

IhhQKY6.gif

I must admit I haven't played BDO. That said, I cannot stand the way BDO combat looks. Complete over saturation of graphics spam. It's horrific. Also way too much ninja flipping going on for my tastes. All the characters sound like they just inhaled several hundred Btu of helium.... hate it.

I must admit I haven't played BDO. That said, I cannot stand the way BDO combat looks. Complete over saturation of graphics spam. It's horrific. Also way too much ninja flipping going on for my tastes. All the characters sound like they just inhaled several hundred Btu of helium.... hate it.

It is too flashy and button spammy,but when you put your hands to the controls, you experience a kind of tight operation usually reserved for a console action game, with deep chording that allows a myriad of actions to be performed with fewer keys than many simpler games.

The character control is nearly peerless.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

It is too flashy and button spammy,but when you put your hands to the controls, you experience a kind of tight operation usually reserved for a console action game, with deep chording that allows a myriad of actions to be performed with fewer keys than many simpler games.

It's  true there is an  oversaturation of graphics which  helps cause massive lag in  battles and if you  dont  have a  hi-end rig, you're screwed. 

That being  said,the character control is pretty damn flawless. Combo chaining is pretty  fluid  and stylisticallly  fits each  character. 

I  play  a  Warrior and Musa and  couldn't be more impressed with them,, although I  will  admit my Dash has turned into a blink. Great for 1v1 and 2v2  arena play, kinda ridiculous in large battles. Mobility  is  one thing but insta teleports that are spammable, are kinda another.

Except if you played the giant and tried to grapple... then lag.  And also the redundant skills the giant had.  And animation cancelling is a thing.  There are many good things about BDO's combat (which you point out), but there are several negatives as well. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

The negatives are irrelevant since none of them are married with the good qualities, you can salvage excellent parts of terrible inventions.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P