Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kathraal

Some thoughts and wishes...

Hi all,
I have some wishes for the final game...

1. Key for switching play style:
    It would be great if you could implement a button for fast play style switching. I mean switch between the action play style (like a third person shooter) and the classic style (like old school point and click movement or right click movement with cursor)
  2. Support for old school playing:
    It would be great if the game will support the old school playing style. I love the action based direct control of your character. But I know a lot people who don´t like it and preferr the old control style like in old school MMORPG´s (f.e. WoW). This should be optional. Because a lot of people will only want to play in action mode.
  3. Key binding in general:
    Please let the player choose the key for everything. I know we are still in pre-alpha but it would be great to be able to bind the abilities to the number pad. And please don´t rename the ability button in the UI "Number 1" and so on. Skyforge does it like this and the label overlays each other. Name it like "N1" or something like that. ;)
  4. Server performance:
    Today I had a latency on the european server of 35000ms. Well this is not playable. ;) Please fix that.
  5. Framerate drops:
    Please take a look at the framerate drops most players have. On my PC the game runs with 60fps but at some time it goes down to 15 - 25 fps. But luckily only for seconds.
  6. Inventory:
    Please add a sort and section functionality in the inventory. A sort button would be nice and a possibility to create sections like gear, consumables, crafting, and so on. And my last wish for the inventory make it more tiny or scaleable.
  7. Design:
    Just a few words regarding the design. Please keep the simple and clean design. It´s perfect.
  8. In game browser:
    Another cool thing would be to integrade a web browser into the game. Everytime you play a MMORPG there is the time where you want to read a tutorial or something like that. Many players have two monitors, so they don´t have a problem. But I am sure there are a lot of people out there who don´t have two. :)
  9. Add-On support:
    I also love to pimp my MMORPG with AddOn´s. Hopefully we will get AddOn support in Crowfall. ;)

That´s it for now. Can´t wait to see more of the game. You are absolutely on the right way. Just keep on doing great things. 

Greetz,
Chris

1) won't be happening

2) same as 1) basicly

3) you can change keybinding right now dunno how reliable or complete it is.

4) normally you see games after 3 years of work the earliest. I believe Crowfall is like 1 and a half years right now?

5) same as 4) it is to be expected. There is only so much performance you can bring in. Most optimazation will be at the end anyway so it doesnt get redundant in the next build.

6) Inventory will be reworked

7) that will stay. Well "simple"; there will be more then thousand of possible character builds for each Archetype. Dunno if that is simple or not.

8) havnt acually talked about it but I don't think it is necessary even when I had only one monitor it wasnt a big issue.

9) community requested but I think it will be implemented nor that is it required.

Hope I could help =)

I AM ME!
I love you all.

Framerate drops:

Please take a look at the framerate drops most players have. On my PC the game runs with 60fps but at some time it goes down to 15 - 25 fps. But luckily only for seconds.

they are well aware of this, they had some issues with unity and unlocked framerate on popular demand.

as for request 1 and 2, you are basically asking for a second game within a game, which is completely unreasonable given how some skills work.

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

Support for old school playing:

It would be great if the game will support the old school playing style. I love the action based direct control of your character. But I know a lot people who don´t like it and preferr the old control style like in old school MMORPG´s (f.e. WoW). This should be optional. Because a lot of people will only want to play in action mode.

Personally, I think having both action combad (as in having to aim at your enemy) AND tab targeting at the same time will in the end only result in ruining the combad for both sides of the story.

• Immersive campaigns that lasts for months, not just short PvP Tournament like sessions.
  • Political, economical and military conflict.
  • Meaningful character progression and customisation.
  • Eternal Kingdoms that have real impact on campaign outcomes.
  • A robust game that is not just tuned to the current high level PC graphic cards. 
Edited by Count_Dirkoff

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

• Eternal Kingdoms that have real impact on campaign outcomes.

This is profound. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how EK's are going to be anything more than housing districts. Some ideas..

1. Are EK's going to remain manufacturing hubs to supply ongoing campaigns? (Imagine regular supplies arriving from the EK during a full or partial loot Campaign)

2. Will we need to send supplies from the Campaign to the EK to keep the crafting running? Will those supply trains need to be protected?

3. Will there be guild based building synergies between EK buildings and Campaign buildings?

4. Imagine building a mage tower in the guild EK that can float a few buffs from the EK to the Campaign players. Maybe this is something that should be a campaign only building?

I could go on and on and on. :)

Linking the EKs to campaigns will be challenging to get right and it probably won't please everyone. But for me the EKs have to have an impact otherwise they just become player decoration. (Look I've got a big EK!) It could be as simple as an economic supply base but I would hope it would be more.

CF game designers get your thinking caps on!

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!