Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Item size VS Item weight VS Inventory size

Palido

Do we have a final/partial answer to how this things will likely be implemented?

I hate that most MMOs go full minecraft and let go carry literally tons in items with no penality, from the recent games i played Albion Online has a somewhat good system considering it's limitations.

Now about item size i don't remember a MMO that didn't let me carry 20 sets of armor in my backpack.

I guess the devs will likely implements something as they wish traveling with resources to be dangerous, but do we have any info on what exactly?

And most importantly, what do you guys think about this?

It's silly, but fun trumps realism with ACE.

And the tears would flow much more freely if there were a realistic encumbrance system.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

I agree with 'fun trumps realism' but i feel like this would be a core mechanic of the hardcore worlds where people go for the competitiveness.

Magic bags.  Bags of holding.  Call them what you will.  Fun trumps realism in inventory management every time.

We're immortal crows tossing the powers of creation around to shatter trees and extract wood.  We throw fire and lightning and ice at each other, and our equipment is legendary.  Putting lots of stuff into a small bag is not going to break the suspension of disbelief.

We're immortal crows tossing the powers of creation around to shatter trees and extract wood.  We throw fire and lightning and ice at each other, and our equipment is legendary.  Putting lots of stuff into a small bag is not going to break the suspension of disbelief.

I see it differently, if you say i have a magic 'legendary' scroll that can summon a castle, i'm ok with it... it makes sense considering the rules of that world... unlike saying i have an actual castle in my bag that i can place in the ground.

Currently they've compared the system to Diablo. I assume they probably won't have a weight system but, you will be restricted by inventory slots. They did mention resources being stackable as broken down pieces but, the conversion is lossy so you have to spend a time premium if you're hauling resources without a caravan. All other items are standard size depending on item type.

I don't remember the whole vid, but it could be that stacks of resources will have a higher limit on pack animals compared to your own inventory. Or that the penalty to break the stack will be higher in your own, lower on pack animal. Though I seem to remember they said it was also dependant on your location, eg breaking a stack at certain points (I suppose city / craft spot / bank) you will incur less loss then at some random point.

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

I see it differently, if you say i have a magic 'legendary' scroll that can summon a castle, i'm ok with it... it makes sense considering the rules of that world... unlike saying i have an actual castle in my bag that i can place in the ground.

I've never understood this argument. If magic can warp space/time to teleport objects, then reducing electrostatic force and maintaining an area of fixed space/time isn't so far fetched.

I agree with 'fun trumps realism' but i feel like this would be a core mechanic of the hardcore worlds where people go for the competitiveness.

Items in our inventory's are already subject to being looted upon our deaths. So that alone makes it unwise to carry lots of stuff or valuable stuff and makes it risky transporting items. Think further restricting and making us micro manage inventory would be a bit redundant.

Slot based where different items take up a different amount of slots is sufficient for the needs of this game. IMO.