Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ch-ch-ch-changes: Gender variants - Official discussion thread

Pann

So, is this boob plate?

All the art in this article looks fine to me, btw.

Edited by BurgundytheRed

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

Nice article. Also great to hear that you are working on the gender variations at the moment. I know some people have been wondering when they will come. Some even thought you had forgotten about them!

We already knew Crowfall wouldn't have bikini-armor, but I like how the make-sense female armor looks. Very similar to the male versions. Personally I'm kinda tired to see the bikini armor in games myself. There is a place for sexy clothes, but not armor.

Edited by Caenth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I'm not seeing metal bikinis here. 

I was promised metal bikinis. 

coincidentally i posted this in my video thread earlier today before this article.....

don't look down at a druid doing orbs...

aYpv4CZ.png

Edited by Tinnis

A bit disappointed in the art. The feminine models and armor look too manly right now. Women can be physically strong and wear appropriate armor without looking like a man. If someone wants to play a female avatar, they want to look like a female. If you can't tell the difference with a helmet on, what's the point?

I'd like to see some more work done to make the female body actually look female for starters - because strong women still look like women, our bodies just aren't built to be that bulky unless they're on drugs - and secondly I'd like to see the armor fit them properly and look like it was actually made for them and their bodies.

I would actually suggest changing the design entirely on some of those because it's clear it's armor made for a male that realistically wouldn't work very well for a female. Don't the female avatars deserve armor models made for them specifically and not merely adapted?

Edited by Leiloni

I would actually suggest changing the design entirely on some of those because it's clear it's armor made for a male that realistically wouldn't work very well for a female. Don't the female avatars deserve armor models made for them specifically and not merely adapted?

I know it is a game and all, but I hope you know back in the Dark Ages there was no female armor? Ever? So how do we know how it looks or how it would fit? Game of Thrones? Yeah, that is not accurate or historical either.

It seems you want the armor being more feminine while it does not look like a bikini. To me it seems they just did that though. I think it looks great and realistic with a tiny bit of a fantasy touch.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

It seems you want the armor being more feminine while it does not look like a bikini. To me it seems they just did that though. I think it looks great and realistic with a tiny bit of a fantasy touch.

Except they didn't really change the armor at all which is the problem.

Yeah I think ACE is going in the right direction here. Armor should look like armor, be functional etc, not be totally or just even moderate gender differences. Some styling and shape differences for sure but going too far to make something look feminine and you get too close to the whole "boob plate" argument. Too realistic is boring IMO so I think ACE is finding a really nice middle ground here.

Except they didn't really change the armor at all which is the problem.

That was what MPreston was discussing in the article, that some archetypes would have less variation between genders based on the concept, lore, personality.

So it makes sense to me that female knight body types and armors would look more similar to males. Females knights would still need to be big, strong, bulky types (i.e., Brienne of Tarth pretty much looks like a man in her full plate). Other archetypes like druid could have more gender differences. I like it  :)

tiPrpwh.png