Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Ch-ch-ch-changes: Gender variants - Official discussion thread

Except they didn't really change the armor at all which is the problem.

Why would they need to change anything? I looks pretty stylish, believable and it makes sense. A woman really wouldn't need armor that is much different from a man. ACE a small company. They have to spare some expense.

There are subtle differences, which was the point I think they were trying to get across in the article.

and yeah as others pointed out those differences may be more or less subtle depending on the archetype.

Edited by pang

You think the male Druid will run around in a dress?

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Guineacian, Guineacian, Guineacian!

Yea I think that is a typo acually it is spelled Guinecean in the original Archetype page   :wacko:

So fur color and pattern confirmed?! I always like fur pattern they look the most unique to me =D

I AM ME!
I love you all.

A bit disappointed in the art. The feminine models and armor look too manly right now. Women can be physically strong and wear appropriate armor without looking like a man. If someone wants to play a female avatar, they want to look like a female. If you can't tell the difference with a helmet on, what's the point?

I'd like to see some more work done to make the female body actually look female for starters - because strong women still look like women, our bodies just aren't built to be that bulky unless they're on drugs - and secondly I'd like to see the armor fit them properly and look like it was actually made for them and their bodies.

I would actually suggest changing the design entirely on some of those because it's clear it's armor made for a male that realistically wouldn't work very well for a female. Don't the female avatars deserve armor models made for them specifically and not merely adapted?

There's no such thing as female armor, breastplate are not supposed to be skin tight, and after you pad down a woman and secure a working piece of armor designed for protection and not provocation, they look identical.

Game of Thrones actually did a good job of it, because Brienne and Lianna are indistinguishable from men when properly armored.

In fact, if there is any sign of gender on armor, kind of like removing face protection so you can see it's a girl, than it's probably failing to protect you adequately.

The salute itself comes from knights identifying themselves because you have absolutely no idea who or what is wearing a complete armor with a complex visor on.

So really, they should remove all distinction and allow female warriors to look exactly like men until they take off the armor. Their simply doing more work to be sexist...

Now on another note, why can't we have feminine male Druids? Not complaining, but there's no good reason for anyone to move around sumptuously on the battlefield, but if female Druids are going to do it, maybe some male Druids would like to as well...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Looks great. Thank you for not making the female armor types look like stripper clothes.  Yes, this is a fantasy game, but revealing armor is played out, silly/impractical and, though I am not female, I take a bit of offense seeing every female model running around half naked (I have daughters). I played a little bit of Riders of Icarus the other day and, yeah, just played out...

Time to move on.  Look at most armored depictions of St. Joan:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_of_Arc

There are some feminine touches here and there (artistic interpretation) but armor is armor. 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

altho i do agree animation plays a big part in identifying archtypes

but if i may say that i notice in some mmos you can change animation stances to suit your needs, as so not to fall into the cliche

i basically pick highlander hyur women because they can appear fearsome and warriorlike and their animations look really good for monks and ninjas in FFXIV

just an idea ull probably never read, ok bye

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

You think the male Druid will run around in a dress?

Not sure where the question comes from but no, we already know from his art that he has pants and a bare chest in the one outfit.

Crowfall-MaleDruid_Concept.jpg

So really, they should remove all distinction and allow female warriors to look exactly like men until they take off the armor. Their simply doing more work to be sexist...

Now on another note, why can't we have feminine male Druids? Not complaining, but there's no good reason for anyone to move around sumptuously on the battlefield, but if female Druids are going to do it, maybe some male Druids would like to as well...

It's not sexist to make women look like women and men look like men. That's just copying reality. And having characters be different from one another is a good thing that we should be celebrating. It's boring for everyone to look the same and it doesn't give players much choice in how they play their character if they're forced down one path and that's it.

As for your second question, I doubt many male gamers are going to want their Druid to be feminine. You're just going to upset most of the male gamers that like the class if you don't give them a masculine option.

Edited by Leiloni

The most distinctive feature for any character in an MMO is hairstyle, you notice someones hair from farther away and more quickly than any of their other features except their outfit/armor/whatever. So I think there should be a strong emphasis on providing a large variety of hairstyles, and then obviously attire.

Edited by anna tatiana

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!  As always, we take your concerns and suggestions seriously and I'm happy to hear your thoughts on the direction here. We felt that it was important for the female Knight and Legionnaire to reflect the designs of their male counterparts more closely because it fits with the tone of these archetypes. The forms of the females will be different from the male's however so naturally the armor isn't going to fit or look exactly the same. Their silhouettes will be distinctive and I think once you all see these in-game you are going to like what you see.  As a female in the game industry, I'm really sensitive to seeing women poorly armored for the sake of sexiness. That being said, we chose to make the Druid a little more provocative because I do feel like there is a place for that as well. She's a ranged mage class and so would not necessarily be expected to be as geared up as a Knight. The male as you can see is also equally scantily clad. The goal here is to provide a variety of options for players to become a character that reflects something appealing to them. Do you want to be a Brienne of Tarth or do you want to be a Melisandre or Khaleesi? I think there's room for this kind of range in Crowfall and we think you are going to find something that suits your sensibilities. 

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! As always, we take your concerns and suggestions seriously and I'm happy to hear your thoughts on the direction here. We felt that it was important for the female Knight and Legionnaire to reflect the designs of their male counterparts more closely because it fits with the tone of these archetypes. The forms of the females will be different from the male's however so naturally the armor isn't going to fit or look exactly the same. Their silhouettes will be distinctive and I think once you all see these in-game you are going to like what you see. As a female in the game industry, I'm really sensitive to seeing women poorly armored for the sake of sexiness. That being said, we chose to make the Druid a little more provocative because I do feel like there is a place for that as well. She's a ranged mage class and so would not necessarily be expected to be as geared up as a Knight. The male as you can see is also equally scantily clad. The goal here is to provide a variety of options for players to become a character that reflects something appealing to them. Do you want to be a Brienne of Tarth or do you want to be a Melisandre or Khaleesi? I think there's room for this kind of range in Crowfall and we think you are going to find something that suits your sensibilities.

What about players who want to roleplay Lorace Tyrell? XD

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!  As always, we take your concerns and suggestions seriously and I'm happy to hear your thoughts on the direction here. We felt that it was important for the female Knight and Legionnaire to reflect the designs of their male counterparts more closely because it fits with the tone of these archetypes. The forms of the females will be different from the male's however so naturally the armor isn't going to fit or look exactly the same. Their silhouettes will be distinctive and I think once you all see these in-game you are going to like what you see.  As a female in the game industry, I'm really sensitive to seeing women poorly armored for the sake of sexiness. That being said, we chose to make the Druid a little more provocative because I do feel like there is a place for that as well. She's a ranged mage class and so would not necessarily be expected to be as geared up as a Knight. The male as you can see is also equally scantily clad. The goal here is to provide a variety of options for players to become a character that reflects something appealing to them. Do you want to be a Brienne of Tarth or do you want to be a Melisandre or Khaleesi? I think there's room for this kind of range in Crowfall and we think you are going to find something that suits your sensibilities. 

OMG you posted.

Hi. <3

I prefer Melisandre. Bet no one could guess why....

Hey Melissa, VIKINGNAIL here, longtime fan...

I was wondering if there were plans in store to add hairstyles similar to Chris Tucker's hairstyle in 'The Fifth Element'? Thanks in advance...

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Hey Melissa, VIKINGNAIL here, longtime fan...

I was wondering if there were plans in store to add hairstyles similar to Chris Tucker's hairstyle in 'The Fifth Element'? Thanks in advance...

you monster. +1 for gary oldman's too.....*shudder*

tucker

29ef78354a508d2d145a287f53eeb221-650-80.

oldman

gary-oldman-fifth-element-2.jpg

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png