Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mortal Online

bain

Anyone here play this? I just got into it and seems like a decent time waster. 

http://www.mortalonline.com/

I'm not sure how long it will hold my interest but so far being brutally murdered and brutally murdering someone to take their rags was amusing to say the least. 

Winter is coming. 

Is this the game they are redoing.. or something along the lines of that?

No. They are adding another land mass. New mobs/items and more space for guilds. Along with less NPC cities. Also once the content is release, the people in-game will have to build a huge bridge to get to the other island, or swim. But good luck swimming in that game.  The new island will be larger then the mainland. At least it looks like it.

Two biggest things that have been redone are, textures and Keeps in the pass 2 years or so.

Victims of the Sausage lake unite.

(To those who don't know what it is about, it's infamously amusing bug that occured during block A beta test, you can find it from youtube but be warned, its NSFW material)

Edited by nehemia

Victims of the Sausage lake unite.

(To those who don't know what it is about, it's infamously amusing bug that occured during block A beta test, you can find it from youtube but be warned, its NSFW material)

wtf did I just see.......

Its strange what some games do... The game doesnt have Dwarves but it has a race that are basically Dwarves but called something else. Ditto for Wood elves and Dark elves. They're just taking races and changing their names and its irritating. Its not like it makes it more original and i'd prefer my Dwarves to be called Dwarves.

Its strange what some games do... The game doesnt have Dwarves but it has a race that are basically Dwarves but called something else. Ditto for Wood elves and Dark elves. They're just taking races and changing their names and its irritating. Its not like it makes it more original and i'd prefer my Dwarves to be called Dwarves.

They still may be called dwarves to most. It's about lore. Centaurs may call "Dwarves" stonemen (or whatever they said im lazy) but humans and other races call them dwarves. We don't know. This occurs in lore all the time though. 

MO was a decent game on paper but bad in execution on practic. The engine sucks, the desync still here after all these years, people hit you from distance even if you evade, dunno maybe is the prediction system that is ****ed-up. Another thing i find awfull is the forced first persone view, this is my preference however and the fact that some magic spells are instant hit with lock-on targeting.

Lastly, everyone pvp, there is lack of playstyle alternatives, probably because you can have more characters per account, so you end up quasi autosufficient.

The rest is pretty good for a sandbox, it has everything or close to UO.

But after playing a bit i realized that it feels empty, can't really pass trough the bad execution, probably the lack of experience of developers.

Edited by kdchan

Archduchess Alice

They still may be called dwarves to most. It's about lore. Centaurs may call "Dwarves" stonemen (or whatever they said im lazy) but humans and other races call them dwarves. We don't know. This occurs in lore all the time though. 

Except it was on the websites list of races. And Stonemen is at least accurate, a description. Their name was like... Huegar? And doesnt mention the term Dwarf at all. That kind of thing for humans is fine, often have different tribes of humans but the rest? stop it! 

The game has come along way from launch from what I gather. I've only been playing a year on and off. One thing I will tell you is you need a good rig to play it. You need at least 8 gig of ram to play it (they say 6). I still had occasional lag with 8, so I upgraded to 16 gig and have no problem with lag whatsoever, and that is running on ultra settings (paired with 3.8ghz quad OC, GTX66ti and a SSD). 

If you do decide to play, get out of Tindrem (the safehold) ASAP. It's pretty cool at first, but it's a dead end without much to do. Explore the sewer system though, that's kind of cool.

If the game interests you, join a guild asap. It's the best way to learn the game. There is no in game map, only a compass. There are no in game instructions, only a "Help" channel that does not help that much. There are websites and guides and the forums, there you can learn alot, but again your best bet is to join a guild that accepts new players.

There will be an expansion as stated earlier and they are greenlit for steam launch shortly after that. I like the game, but it really suffers, much like SB, from lack of content. If you like open sandbox PvP with full loot, city ownership and seiging, give it a shot.