Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Combat Disciplines - Official discussion thread

Pann

More layers to add depth to building our characters is always appreciated. Seems like a fairly simple but far reaching mechanic, IMO.

I agree. I like having all of these ways to ensure that no two classes are 100% the same. It seems like having 6 skill slots defined allows for most classes to act akin to one another (which is nice when you are fighting them), but differ in exact use. Best of the same classes world and customizable classes.

and as before - see screen caps of the combat, exploration and crafting discpline runestone documents here

https://sites.google.com/site/crowfallresource/future-game-info/discipline-runestones#TOC-12-HOUR-TWITCH-STREAM-PREVIEW:

p.s. isn't this news article misnamed - the video features combat AND exploration AND crafting disciplines - not just 'combat'

Edited by Tinnis

This is similar to SB, and it's great.  Disciplines will allow for huge customization to make unique builds.  This is one of the coolest things about CF IMO.  

I just hope that with different disciplines that archetypes are going to be able to use different weapon sets for damage, style etc.  I also hope we will see variation of weapons that speed up or slow down casting animation time, to represent how weapon attack speed worked in SB.

Edited by Mazon

Hmm... Just started watching a video and the way blair describes it is you can socket the disciplines into your tray or something?  If that's the case I don't like it... disciplines should be socketed into the vessel and lost on vessel loss... Maybe I just misunderstood though...

I think Blair was talking about the sockets on the Discipline page on the Character Info UI, not the power tray.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

I think Blair was talking about the sockets on the Discipline page on the Character Info UI, not the power tray.

Yep this and pretty sure he mentioned the power/ability tray because some disciplines give new ability's we can use.

I like thematically consistent characters (as opposed to bizaar or min/max characters) so I could see myself making a Legio battle leader type (Commander?) through disciplines or a Forgemaster with some with some melee (typical fantasy dwarf), even axe related discipline (Executioner?).  I really can't wait to get to play with these.

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus

you can see a preview of this already in game.

did they mention the whole major vs minor stone in this video - i don't think they did? but in FAQ from before...

(they still doing that i wonder?)

Edited by Tinnis

Did they ever say how many disciplines we can take? I think it was 3 in Shadowbane. Will we be limited to one of each type of discipline or can we stack 3 combat? 

on the video - no.

on the FAQ (unsure if this is still relevant information - no mention of minor and major in video etc). No info on 'combat' vs 'explore' vs 'craft' stone limits.

In some cases disciplines are permanent additions to the vessel.

In other cases they are like equipment and can be swapped out. 

Which ones are permanent and which aren’t will be based on power and type of discipline.

Not every discipline will be available to every archetype.

Not all disciplines can be removed – some can only be replaced, and they are destroyed in the process – you can only transfer them PRIOR to applying them to a character.

In game UI suggests

1 major 6 minor

94Yk5sD.png

Edited by Tinnis

The question then is which are classified as major and which as minor.

One question I do not see posed was regarding AT-specific resource pools. If a Ranger were to apply the Guardian Discipline, A) Would they be granted the Crusader Hate passive and B) Would it generate Hate (useless to a Ranger), or would it generate the Ranger`s native resource?