Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't see the merit of inventing your own definition of "story" and then declaring there isn't any story. The "lore and background" is part of the Crowfall story. Saying Crowfall has no story is pure nonsense.

Well I wasn't the one who said CF has no story, it clearly does, its just in the form of Lore and background fluff.  The point was that there is no actual story based content ie quest chains and character story arcs like in SWTOR, or group based PvE "story" content. That's what in part, the OP was asking for which I based my response on.

Well I wasn't the one who said CF has no story, it clearly does, its just in the form of Lore and background fluff.  The point was that there is no actual story based content ie quest chains and character story arcs like in SWTOR, or group based PvE "story" content. That's what in part, the OP was asking for which I based my response on.

If you want to say there are no quest chains or character story arc just say so. Saying stuff like "no story" or "no actual story based content" is nonsense.

IhhQKY6.gif

If you want to say there are no quest chains or character story arc just say so. Saying stuff like "no story" or "no actual story based content" is nonsense.

The OP was asking for PvE based Story content. There is none of that. End of "Story". B)

Go pick a fight elsewhere, Its Friday, go relax.

The OP was asking for PvE based Story content. There is none of that. End of "Story". B)

Go pick a fight elsewhere, Its Friday, go relax.

Why are you attempting to fight with me?  Like you said, it wasn't even you who claimed "There is no story at all."

Did it bother you that much that I disagreed with that statement?

I'm not usually one to go after the white knights, but I'm seeing why some people see you that way.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Why are you attempting to fight with me?  Like you said, it wasn't even you who claimed "There is no story at all."

Did it bother you that much that I disagreed with that statement?

I'm not usually one to go after the white knights, but I'm seeing why some people see you that way.

I was replying to the OP by also replying to other posters. Happens all the time. Certainly didn't warrant going into a semantics hissy over the use of a word.

and exactly how is responding to a thread that's asking for things that are not within the vision of the game, white knighting? Now who's making up their own definitions.

I was replying to the OP by also replying to other posters. Happens all the time. Certainly didn't warrant going into a semantics hissy over the use of a word.

and exactly how is responding to a thread that's asking for things that are not within the vision of the game, white knighting? Now who's making up their own definitions.

The way in which you are "white knighting" is that you are jumping to the defense of someone after I disagreed with their assertion that "there is no story at all."

Your attempts to provoke me by telling me to go elsewhere to "fight" or accusing me of throwing a "hissy" further demonstrate what you are up to. It is obnoxious.

IhhQKY6.gif

The way in which you are "white knighting" is that you are jumping to the defense of someone after I disagreed with their assertion that "there is no story at all."

Your attempts to provoke me by telling me to go elsewhere to "fight" or accusing me of throwing a "hissy" further demonstrate what you are up to. It is obnoxious.

So now we can't even help clarify points and move the discussion to the actual topic without getting labeled. Classic CF forums. :rolleyes:

You were clearly trying to pick a fight. Silly to claim otherwise after getting called out on it.

So now we can't even help clarify points and move the discussion to the actual topic without getting labeled. Classic CF forums. :rolleyes:

You were clearly trying to pick a fight. Silly to claim otherwise after getting called out on it.

Hard to imagine that I angered you this much by disagreeing with the claim that "there is no story at all."

In my world, disagreeing with a claim like that may be pedantic, but it is not "picking a fight." On the other hand, telling someone to "go pick a fight elsewhere" and accusing them of throwing a "hissy" is trying to pick a fight.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Hard to imagine that I angered you this much by disagreeing with the claim that "there is no story at all."

In my world, disagreeing with a claim like that may be pedantic, but it is not "picking a fight."

Its picking a fight when the person you're arguing with never made the claims or said the things being accused of. Its picking a fight when label a poster as a "white knight" because you didn't like they way they posted and didn't understand what they said.

and I'm the angry one? I'm just bored at work wondering what the actual point was. I responded to the OPs questions, you clearly didn't like the way I did it, good for you, its not the end of the world.

Its picking a fight when the person you're arguing with never made the claims or said the things being accused of.

You realize it was Nicholas LionRider that I disagreed with, and not you? I don't know why you are even going after me here.

IhhQKY6.gif

First of all, I know this game is meant to be focused on PVP, which I love, and am fully on board with.

I'm curious if there will, however, be any sort of central story arc in PVE, or groupable content outside of the PVP scenarios.

So far in alpha it seems that the PVE is just to kill mobs on your way to engage PVP players. It would be great if there were PVE situations that can be done outside of PVP as well as inside.

Thoughts?

OP, while there will be story elements as far as Lore and background story, which you can read on the main page, there won't really be any actual PvE based story content. I say that based on the stated vision of the game and further statements that there won't be group based PvE content either. There are NPCs and mobs that will be in the world and give the sense of a living world and a sense of danger but again there really won't be PvE content outside of PvP as you request. Content as defined by premade encounters or dungeons, raids etc.

Only time you'll really be "outside" of PvP is in your or others EKs. But again there will just be NPCs and mobs, no plans for organized, scripted what have you, PvE content. Hope that answers your questions and as always can check out the FAQ on the main page for further info.

You realize it was Nicholas LionRider that I disagreed with, and not you? I don't know why you are even going after me here.

Then why did you continue responding and then labeling me even after I clarified my point... :blink:

Then why did you continue responding and then labeling me even after I clarified my point... :blink:

I didn't label you until you started with the "Go pick a fight elsewhere, Its Friday, go relax." stuff. You became aggressive towards me for no reason, and over something I had said to someone else. That explains the white knight label.

Enough, though. This back and forth is completely pointless.

IhhQKY6.gif

Please no quests! 

We need PvP in the context of an evolving universe (i.e. the PvE). The mobs are part of the environment, they are not separate. The monsters on the dying world are all part of the background threat level. That threat will change as the world dies. As the fight against the 'hunger' continues who knows what story lines will evolve as the backdrop to the campaigns.

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us

now!

This makes me laugh. You try to act like some kind of scholar, and then make a grammatical error in your snide, whiny remark. 

It would be an epidemic of illiteracy, or an epidemic of LACK of comprehension. Unless you're actually saying you think that an epidemic of comprehension is a bad thing. 

But to respond directly:  of course you can love something, but have ideas to improve upon it. 

Have you literally never said "man I loved that movie, I just wished they didn't _____"? 

PS. thanks for adding value to the thread bud

My point still stands. I mention illiteracy and comprehension, and you start talking about grammar.

Thanks for feeding me. Good value add.

This is an interesting post because I feel like you have often been guilty of doing this. 

Making crap PvE threads while failing to use the search feature and contribute to pre-existing ones? Not my style bae.

Or should I just spew something about being at the table of champions like you do?

Making crap PvE threads while failing to use the search feature and contribute to pre-existing ones? Not my style bae.

Or should I just spew something about being at the table of champions like you do?

No I mean there are times you would often complain about what you want changed about the game after supporting it so adamantly initially... So I just found it amusing you made the post that you made because it seemed like something you often do. 

You also shouldn't talk about sitting at the table of champions unless you've had a seat there, and I don't see you at the table so yea.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

No I mean there are times you would often complain about what you want changed about the game after supporting it so adamantly initially... So I just found it amusing you made the post that you made because it seemed like something you often do. 

You also shouldn't talk about sitting at the table of champions unless you've had a seat there, and I don't see you at the table so yea.

I have never endorsed a change for more PvE. Stay on topic please.

Parrot.