Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vessel in the EK?

Palido

You will have Vessels in both the EK and the CWs. Vessels that you have in the EK can be imported to the CW if the import rules allow it. Once imported, those vessels are then subject to the export rules of that CW. You can also find, craft or trade for vessels in the CW. Those would also be subject to the export rules of that CW.

During a campaign you will be able to travel between the CW and EK, but you won't be able to take your vessel with you. You will have to inhabit a new vessel within the EK (until such time as you can export from the CW), or you will have to stay in crow form I guess. I'm really not sure how they plan to deal with it in the EKs. 

Edited by Arkade

Will you be able to use vessels from the campaigns in the EKs?

Good question ! On the same subject, will vessels (and equipments) degrade* in the EK ? 

I mean you don't really fight in the EK so why would you want to "wear" a vessel/equipments if it is only for them to degrade* (I know you can set PvP rules in your EK + install mob-spawners, but combat isn't the main focus of EKs)... 

I thought vessels would only degrade/ breake if they took damage? Would be, in addition to the hunger system, realy inconvenient if I had to not only fill my mouth, but although craft a new vessel every day 'cause it just wears thin.... =/

Let me sing you a song / Of a world that just vanished / Of a story that ended to soon
Let me bring you a cup / Make a toast to the living / And a toast to the legends we share

I thought vessels would only degrade/ breake if they took damage? Would be, in addition to the hunger system, realy inconvenient if I had to not only fill my mouth, but although craft a new vessel every day 'cause it just wears thin.... =/

Well it would be bothersome for sure to have it degrade other time, but I still hope it will be implemented in the CW (not the EK) :

with degrading vessels the crafters will be on constant demand for new bodies, even for scout-oriented archetypes who face less combat, and degrade more slowly than combat-oriented ones (even if this is oversimplified)

Well it would be bothersome for sure to have it degrade other time, but I still hope it will be implemented in the CW (not the EK) :

with degrading vessels the crafters will be on constant demand for new bodies, even for scout-oriented archetypes who face less combat, and degrade more slowly than combat-oriented ones (even if this is oversimplified)

In a way, they might degrade if not managed properly.  If you take damage from not eating, then it could trigger effects of damaging the vessel as well.

My guess is, that vessels will be more similar to ships in EvE, where if they are hit in combat they take damage, and then use a similar repair mechanism seen in Shadowbane, where you can repair the vessel but it will take a hit to the max durability.  For example you start off with 100/100 and over the course of fighting the durability drops to 45/100; you can repair that but it would end up being 99/99 or 95/95 depending on quality of crafter that does the repair.

lUvvzPy.png

I am very keen to know the answers to these questions as well. My assumption is that there will be no difference between Vessels in the EK and CW, only a question of restrictions on moving them from one to the other. Hopefully this question is officially answered soon, as it impacts those of us who write CF-themed fiction considerably. :)