Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

William Tell Ranger: PVP 2 [Cinematic Experience]

WilliamTell

Thanks Tinnis!

The crosshair and where the arrows go are in two different worlds right now. Its noticeably off center. 

Yea but even with that being the case, even if you are using off crosshair placement to aim, you can do it in a way that has smoother transition and feel to it. 

Like the video crosshair placement felt too chaotic and jittery, it'd be like cougar while he was having trouble landing, as opposed to iceman. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I agree my placement is very jittery on purpose. The idea is to be fast and untouchable. You'll notice many times I am chaotically entering melee with multiple targets and doing more damage then I'm taking. This is because I move so chaotically that they can't track me and I avoid them by jittering behind them. :)

It is also something I do to grab a groups attention by entering "into" them. As to make it more difficult for them to focus and "get away". Constantly putting pressure on healers and casters in the back lines while avoiding heavy melee targets as possible.

Aiming is very easy at this point so perfect crosshair placement in melee is unnecessary at least for ranger. Hit boxes and Arcs are the size of a Bus. I hit things I'm not aiming at all the time. The aim in the range tree is so off right now and the movement feels so un-responsive that I'm waiting for some patchs/fixes before really settling into my range tree. Off the top of my head we have the visual bugs in range tree, animation locking, sliding, off center crosshairs, jumpy skills that don't smooth over well, etc.. 

If you want to see some smooth crosshair placement and transitions I suggest some of my CSGO videos :) 

25hmzbo.png

i think what he is saying: your mouse sensitivity is very high and you jerk your camera / view around a lot with your circle strafing - leading to a less than ideal viewing experience

i hate it when this sort of strafing and circling around opponents is possible and becomes mandatory due to its effectiveness.

feels cheap and annoying

regardless your over doing it frankly with your camera swiping beyond the level that is effective

e.g. this is overkill on your own camera / eyes and ours by extension as viewers

https://youtu.be/mbg3WlnMgiM?t=3m50s

o0EB7zS.gif

after seeing your camera work and hearing you on voice  - are you actually just a murderous puppy on coffee playing crowfall? :P

Edited by Tinnis

I agree my placement is very jittery on purpose. The idea is to be fast and untouchable. You'll notice many times I am chaotically entering melee with multiple targets and doing more damage then I'm taking. This is because I move so chaotically that they can't track me and I avoid them by jittering behind them. :)

Well you can move in a chaotic way but still have fluid mouse motion while doing it is all I'm saying.  Generally in any aim based game jerky mouse movement is not ideal, and in the case of a video it tends to make for a less pleasant viewing experience.

It is also something I do to grab a groups attention by entering "into" them. As to make it more difficult for them to focus and "get away". Constantly putting pressure on healers and casters in the back lines while avoiding heavy melee targets as possible.

Aiming is very easy at this point so perfect crosshair placement in melee is unnecessary at least for ranger. Hit boxes and Arcs are the size of a Bus. I hit things I'm not aiming at all the time. The aim in the range tree is so off right now and the movement feels so un-responsive that I'm waiting for some patchs/fixes before really settling into my range tree. Off the top of my head we have the visual bugs in range tree, animation locking, sliding, off center crosshairs, jumpy skills that don't smooth over well, etc.. 

If aiming is easy that should make it easier to have fluid mouse/crosshair movement too though... Perhaps your sensitivity is just really high because last time I played the game didn't handle mouse sensitivity options very well.

If you want to see some smooth crosshair placement and transitions I suggest some of my CSGO videos :)

I watched this video, it seems like maybe you are just a higher sensitivity player or something perhaps.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKdTy3_gxxY

i think what he is saying: your mouse sensitivity is very high and you jerk your camera / view around a lot with your circle strafing - leading to a less than ideal viewing experience

Exactly

i hate it when this sort of strafing and circling around opponents is possible and becomes mandatory due to its effectiveness.

The thing is even if this kind of moving is required, your crosshair movement can still be smooth, it just depends how much mouse control the user has. 

feels cheap and annoying

regardless your over doing it frankly with your camera swiping beyond the level that is effective

e.g. this is overkill on your own camera / eyes and ours by extension as viewers

https://youtu.be/mbg3WlnMgiM?t=3m50s

o0EB7zS.gif

after seeing your camera work and hearing you on voice  - are you actually just a murderous puppy on coffee playing crowfall? :P

This is true, I think the camera moving was a bit excessive but yea, not a big deal for how people play, they should play whatever way suits them, in this case it just doesn't make for a good viewing experience.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

yup like viking said - you can achieve the player strafing with less camera chaos

in the clip i posted the only thing your achieving is making yourself dizzy and hitting the air :)

actually HD is boring since there are most of the times only premades win.

premaid just rush into castle, loot all chests and elite mobs, gear up in purple/yellow and burn all random groups with comminicated and synergy team

there is no point to even log in, hope next test will be SP. sad not all can get 6+ ppl on each test...

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

actually HD is boring since there are most of the times only premades win.

premaid just rush into castle, loot all chests and elite mobs, gear up in purple/yellow and burn all random groups with comminicated and synergy team

there is no point to even log in, hope next test will be SP. sad not all can get 6+ ppl on each test...

A challenge should never be boring.

Hard is a better descriptor, imo. 

better for who?

I play with ur team a couple of times and it was pretty boring with clearly known ending. I got no fun and strange feeling of compassion to opponent team.

also I notice what after 2-3 games alot of testers leaving

me and probably other solo/duo players can't do anything to 5+ premades. maximum I can do - kite/hide/ambush and kill some of ur mates which I did alot of time, but with current game mechanic there is not possible to escape 4+ ppl on ur back

split ur team to 2-3 party and fight each other with random effect. or atleast create entertainment/humor/outnumbered/informative videos. I opened this one, found premade versus random ppl. hm mb some good things later? looked at the end - nothing. closed with negative feelings

Edited by makkon

Discord makkon#8550

I opened this one, found premade versus random ppl. hm mb some good things later? looked at the end - nothing. closed with negative feelings

Take your negative self out of my topic. Anyone is free to play with friends. I will continue to make videos with similar footage, if you don't like it then don't watch it and go play FarmVille. 

Edit: I do not seek nor do I require any form of opinions from negatives.

Edited by WilliamTell

25hmzbo.png

better for who?

I play with ur team a couple of times and it was pretty boring with clearly known ending. I got no fun and strange feeling of compassion to opponent team.

also I notice what after 2-3 games alot of testers leaving

me and probably other solo/duo players can't do anything to 5+ premades. maximum I can do - kite/hide/ambush and kill some of ur mates which I did alot of time, but with current game mechanic there is not possible to escape 4+ ppl on ur back

split ur team to 2-3 party and fight each other with random effect. or atleast create entertainment/humor/outnumbered/informative videos. I opened this one, found premade versus random ppl. hm mb some good things later? looked at the end - nothing. closed with negative feelings

Couple of quick points, when team sizes are too big we've already split our group in half in recent tests 2 teams of 3-4 players with team caps of 5-6 depending on the night, to divide ourselves up any more and drop them in each individual matches would simply take too long (not enough players / active matches), and sitting our players isn't something  we would even consider. I dont think stacking a game full of Sugoi wouldn't help your case either since we'll just be occupying 2/3 teams we would just be in fewer matches.

In Crowfall you'll almost definitely need a guild or group to see any success, players can enter the game solo at their own volition but have no right to complain about premades there are plenty of groups recruiting. It worries me what it'll look like for you later once larger guild groups get in, you might see even less success than you are getting now  ;)

Edited by Uyathefox

Sugoi ! - Head of Disciplinary Committee

YhuWX9S.png

Take your negative self out of my topic. Anyone is free to play with friends. I will continue to make videos with similar footage, if you don't like it then don't watch it and go play FarmVille. 

This doesn't sound like a very sugoi mentality, it sounds very kanashii.

I am free to post my vision. ur premaid ruin fun for alot of testers.

And I dont care how many sudoi will be at release or other clans, atm pretty low amount of players wanna do some test running during summer which u dramatically decrease for sure.

also, it looks like ppl like my vision better than ur

Discord makkon#8550

I am free to post my vision. ur premaid ruin fun for alot of testers.

And I dont care how many sudoi will be at release or other clans, atm pretty low amount of players wanna do some test running during summer which u dramatically decrease for sure.

also, it looks like ppl like my vision better than ur

Don't be so sure about that. None of the other respectable guilds would ever support your view point. Good luck with that one.

Edited by cuddlesthepanda

HECIfKy.jpg

Sugoi - Student Council President