Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vasnyr

Your favorite class ever in any game!

Share it with us! I'll start!

World of Warcraft - Warlock (Vanilla - BC era)

Dark arts and lots of hitpoints, Siphon Life, Fears, DoT's, A good single target nuke, Pet (although I don't like pets generally), and I'm probably forgetting things.

This class wasn't afraid to stare down anyone. When fights went your way they were often lopsided affairs because of life siphon, fear and the creeping nature of DoT's. The single target control and damage of this class was very strong but it lacked in AoE and escape. Once engaged it was on, no retreat. No other reasonably balanced class in any game gave me the feeling of raw 1v1 power that this class gave me.

I would love to transplant that class in to Crowfall.

Everquest 2 - Troubadour (RoK through TSO)

All the crazy group buffs, ranged kiting in PvP, increased run speed, CRAZY CC (30 second mez anyone?, 8 second charm, 8 second stifle, aoe instant cast interrupt, 2x single target stun), and everyone wanted a bard in their group :D  Loved me some mage groups! And no instanced PvP at the time! All open world!

3v1 was almost too easy as troub when I played.  Mez one, charm one, pew pew the other, mez the charmed guy after charm wears off, pew pew the other, then only one left... GG....

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Valewalker - Hybernia - DAoC

Going into battle with cloth armor and a scythe is typically enough to catch anyone's attention. Combine that with the ability to drain life, bestow debuffs, and exact some killer combos that required flanking positions. The Valewalker is easily my favorite class.

It was actually more difficult to PvE with this class than PvP. Mostly due to the scythe combos needing to be on the side of your target. But there was a great many times PvPing 2v1 and small group skirmishes where you can wreck faces.

OS_Sig3.png

Aaah don't make me pick ONE from DAOC....waaaay too many awesome ones.

Skald - 2 handed viking warrior with bard shouts was my first (zooooooooom super speed)

But also enjoyed Thane - warrior with thunder magic (haaaaammmmer down)

and i had 10s and 10s of alts of all the other classes for the low level battlegrounds *sigh*

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Valewalker - Hybernia - DAoC

Going into battle with cloth armor and a scythe is typically enough to catch anyone's attention. Combine that with the ability to drain life, bestow debuffs, and exact some killer combos that required flanking positions. The Valewalker is easily my favorite class.

It was actually more difficult to PvE with this class than PvP. Mostly due to the scythe combos needing to be on the side of your target. But there was a great many times PvPing 2v1 and small group skirmishes where you can wreck faces.

i really really miss DAOC's positional and reactionary melee power chains....they were really good and rewarding :(

Not really a class but a naked straw hat-wearing dex mage with a short spear on an ethereal llama was probably my favorite thing to play.

well i misread 'dex' just then....anyone else? :)

Tera Lancer. Maybe its the hitbox but here i dont feel like i help my teammates if i just try to block incoming range attacks while standing between my allies and the enemy. While in Tera it felt like nothing will pass you.

The Lance was pretty eqpic too i loved it and the chain was better done then here.

Would be cool if the knight had the option of a mutch larger shield and that the chain pull stuns the target for 1 or 2 sec so you can folow with another stun or knokdown instat of seeing your target instant run away while you still channel your attacks.

Other than that the Merchant classes from Ragnarok online. The  Battle blacksmith also known as Whitesmith broke enemy equipment befor it was cool and the Biochemist was a walking Bomber man with very very expensive ( money wise) nukes.

Edit: Pretty mutch all classes in Ragnarok where really cool.

Edited by Xenotor

o8WHnLc.png

THE most active European guild. Join us now!

i really really miss DAOC's positional and reactionary melee power chains....they were really good and rewarding :(

I miss them too. imo still one of the best combat systems. In fact, I'd prefer more DAoC clones than WoW clones. If you were to pluck apart the systems from DAoC, there's a lot to take away from. *sigh* RIP

OS_Sig3.png

That's a tough call. I loved Black Guard and White Lion in Warhammer Online, Storm Caller in Rift, and Elementalist in GW2 about the same.

BG had so many tools to work with that you could always mix things up and throw an opponent off. Where other classes often spammed one button repeatedly it was rare to use the same ability twice in a row. The ability to juggle hate and action points let you keep up pressure that other classes couldn't match, and Guard was a revolutionary advancement in PvP tanking capability.

White Lion was simply the best designed pet class I've ever played. Managing your pet optimally was the difference between the class being amazing and people on the forum crying about how awful it was. Pounce was both incredibly fun and very useful. You could pounce into the enemy's backline to kill a healer and when the focus turned to you, you could pounce right back out to an enemy tangled in your front line.

Storm Caller had almost everything a PvP mage could ask for. Mobility, AoE, and ultra high single target burst combos. It wasn't the machine gun with high damage procs that Pyro was, but if someone let you build all of your damage modifiers, you could almost one shot them from full health.

Glass cannon staff or S/F Fresh Air Elementalist are two of the most enjoyable class designs I've played. Staff was a pure AoE damage monster that basically stood alone in its roll for WvW throughout most of the game's history. When everyone else ran in the meat train eles still kept their role as ranged damage and support. Fresh Air was a build that required a lot of skill to play but had so many tools to work with that you always had a counter to every situation. It was a very fast paced and frantic build that demanded you play basically perfectly or you would lose to just about anything.

And how did I forget Majesty from Dragon Nest. Everything in that game was fun, but the design and visual execution of Majesty was on a whole 'nother level of awesome.

Edited by caffynated

OJN1n7E.png

Hard one to answer, i would probably go with Tera Slayer.

You could really feel weight in the swings + class had quite a few rooted animations and yet it was fast paced, you didn't feel half as restricted or wonky as in crowfall.

When I was first playing I already was like 10 years in MMOS, and yet I was like "that feels powerful !"

Even with that big sword, it was fast, flashy and satysfying to play and kill people.

Lot's of it comes probably from good action combat system ( which was unfortunately one of few thing that game done good ).

If any class in Crowfall at launch, will be half as good, then take my money.

This is not going to be a surprise to some, but I have to say my high-NL caster Druid from Shadowbane, with my melee-druid a close second. It is hard to separate my love of the characters from an RP and context standpoint, their having been a part of such a deep, rich and involved experience both in and out of game spanning a very long period of time, from how the characters `handled`in-game - but it is perhaps for this reason it was my definite favorite.

The SB Druid really was immense fun to play, where if you did everything right, you could take on whole groups and do very well. My favorite moment on that character was a fight with myself on my druid, and two other guildmates, one on his Great Axe-Ranger and the other on his Priest THe 3 of us took on and wiped 30 CN. 10 at a time, but still fairly impressive even given CN`s general lack of skill at the time. We only ended up dying because we had been fighting for so long that our buffs dropped mid-combat. The run and gun style of fighting an SB Druid allowed, was extremely fun.

Very fond memories of so many SB character`s really, such a fantastic character-diversity set allowing you to do some amazing things. If CF comes even close to that, in 10 years when asked this same question, I have no doubt most of us will be citing Crowfall Archetype characters as our favorite classes.

Hard one to answer, i would probably go with Tera Slayer.

You could really feel weight in the swings + class had quite a few rooted animations and yet it was fast paced, you didn't feel half as restricted or wonky as in crowfall.

When I was first playing I already was like 10 years in MMOS, and yet I was like "that feels powerful !"

Even with that big sword, it was fast, flashy and satysfying to play and kill people.

Lot's of it comes probably from good action combat system ( which was unfortunately one of few thing that game done good ).

If any class in Crowfall at launch, will be half as good, then take my money.

Really enjoyed Slayer too. The class had great flow and all of your abilities really feel impactful where many of the other classes can feel like death by a thousand cuts spam. It could be challenging to line up a combo but when you did it took a chunk of health.

OJN1n7E.png

Got a bunch of them.

Feral Druid in WOTLK - When the playstyle was new, I realized it hasn't changed much over the years.

Disc Priest in WOTLK - Really awesome being able to be a super aggressive healer with damage, mana burn, deathing polys etc.

Zarya in Overwatch - Love the shielding mechanics and snowball nature of her kit. 

Scoundrel in SWTOR - Just thought they looked cool and did cool stuff.

Fury Warrior in Legion is awesome but I'm done with WoW at this point. 

SWG Bounty Hunter/Pistoleer

Vanilla WoW Shadow Priest

WAR Dwarf Engineer and Slayer

AO Trader (especially cool and unique) 

EDIT:

Honorable Mention: 

Chua Engineer from Wildstar (no pet build)

Edited by Regulus

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus