Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vasnyr

Your favorite class ever in any game!

Dragon Realms (old school MUD):  Moon Mage https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Moon_Mage

Considered one of the weakest classes in the game.  The concept for MMs was basically an Indiana Jones Professor out in the world.  Magic and Survival skills were the go to strengths for this character.  The class did not focus on magical attacks but a magical toolbox.  I could find my opponent anywhere in the world basically and was able to cut down movement time so that it didnt take me 4 hours to get where you were hunting.  At most, it only took me about 20 minutes to get where you were in the world.  

I might not have been able to take you in a 1v1 but I certainly could take you while you were farming monsters.  Being able to train survival skills so that I was super sneaky and then pop out to deliver a stun on you from Stealth.  If I got attacked and got stunned it would send me back to my moonbeam that took you 4 hours to get to.  If I got killed, my corpse would get sent back to that same spot, which was where rezzers could bring me back.

Never killed anyone in my home town and always helped people out when they got into trouble.  When people came to do to me like I was out doing every day, they had to deal with a hostile local population.  My local peeps couldnt square what you described with the helpful guy they always knew and encountered.

No one was afraid of a Moon Mage until you had to sue for peace because you never got to level your toon when I was online.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

I seem to lean towards techy or healing classes (i only realise looking at this list)

Astrologian / Machinist - FFXIV

Medic / Spellslinger - Wildstar

Shaman / Druid - Wow

Mesmer / Engineer - GW2

but if I had to pick one. Just one. I'd pick Astrologian, as i have this weird thing about the idea of card based magic. *shakes fist* Damn you Yugioh!

Shadowbane - High con human bow scout, with Gladiator's resist buff JM'ed and the blademaster damage shield JM'ed.

I really did enjoy my human paladin in EQ pvp just because it was fun blinding people with flash of light.

CF_Van.png

I prefer to be a general in the strategical games. So Supreme Commander in the Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance is my choice.

But seriously when it comes to RPG, I played for some longer time only DOTA 2 and 4Story. I didn't favor any class more than others in the 4Story, but when it comes to DOTA 2, I really loved Brewmaster to fight Pudge in the middle. That's for that feel of being drunk and giving beer to others so they are drunk as well. However, only you can hit, because you are accustomed to be drunk and you use it in your advantage.

I ended up with 3 kills and 0 deaths before Pudge could go ganking and hook enemies. When he missed anyone, I kept on trolling him that he took too much beer from me. When he was played by an easy-going person we all had fun.

Mercenary guild is recruiting. Send me a message if you are interested.

Everquest Necromancer but I'm probably looking back on things with rose tinted glasses.  I never was a fan of being a mana battery to the healers on raids after all.  

Hellian Dragon in Istaria.

First, it was a freakin' Dragon, and once you managed Ascension to Ancient you were literally a flying killing machine the size of a house. And the Dragon played completely unlike the other races, almost a separate game in fact, which was novel for an MMO.

Secondly, the "Helian" faction were casters - as opposed to the Lunus faction which were all about claws, bites, and breath weapons. It took some very careful planning and management of your character to really pull of a caster-dragon, but if you could - it was incredible.

The best part of the whole thing was the work it took to reach those stratospheric levels of power, and few ever pulled it off. Life as a 'hatchling' was pretty miserable as you couldn't fly, had no real weapons or armor (because Dragon), and pretty much sucked at everything; truly squishy.

But if you toughed it out for a few months, managed to make some friends, and successfully circumnavigated the whole darn world for the 50+ part quest chain for Ascension, you got to be an 'adult' - and then you got to fly and life didn't suck quite as much.

Several more months, more friends, and an enormous quest chain ending with the eventual beating up of several of the 'bosses' in the game, you were eligible for Ascension to 'Ancient'... At which time you were pretty much a demigod.

Good times.