Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So far we've seen archetypes with one skill bar and some archetypes that can swap to another bar. I'm just curious if in the future all archetypes will have two bars to choose from. That really would detract from some archetypes if they aren't allowed the same versatility or depth as others.

I doubt that to be true with all the archetypes yet to be released.

Myrmidon - Nah... not needed, straight up melee dps.

Frostweaver - Possibly, depending on how they want to build this one. I could see a caster bar and mid-ranged melee bar.

Forgemaster - I could see it, but I can't imagine enough skills that would warrant a second bar.

Templar - Nope. This is a parry and counter type. Should be good with 1 bar.

Duelist - Now even though these guys have a rapier and a pistol, I don't see them having 2 different fighting styles.

Stalker - Not sure here. Honestly don't know enough about the goal with this archetype.

Assassin - Yeah, this one I can imagine a second bar for when they are stealthed.

Those are my thoughts at least.

OS_Sig3.png

One bar of abilities just isn't enough IMO, especially when we're not sure how many abilities will be swappable. I'm hoping for some form of uniformity when it comes to grant archetypes two bars.

Edited by helix

In my opinion the only classes that should have a second bar you swap to (rather than having all skills visible and active) are hybrid melee/ranged classes. It makes sense as you swap weapons for a different role and a different set of skills.

That's not to say all other classes should have fewer skills, not at all. Another bar could be added for additional skills easily enough, you just wouldn't need to swap to it. I prefer having all skills visible and available at all times unless the class is a weapon switch hybrid type. I have never been a fan of additional button presses because the UI doesn't support having all skills ready at all times. 

I doubt that to be true with all the archetypes yet to be released.

Myrmidon - Nah... not needed, straight up melee dps.

Frostweaver - Possibly, depending on how they want to build this one. I could see a caster bar and mid-ranged melee bar.

Forgemaster - I could see it, but I can't imagine enough skills that would warrant a second bar.

Templar - Nope. This is a parry and counter type. Should be good with 1 bar.

Duelist - Now even though these guys have a rapier and a pistol, I don't see them having 2 different fighting styles.

Stalker - Not sure here. Honestly don't know enough about the goal with this archetype.

Assassin - Yeah, this one I can imagine a second bar for when they are stealthed.

Those are my thoughts at least.

Yea I totaly agree to that. Going into Duelist a little bit more: I hope they don't do a bar swap system because that always indicates a new playstyle like melee / ranger from the ranger or healing / nuke from the druid. Rather I wish for a coherant short to mid range style, and maybe if necessary, a bar that is 50% bigger as a replacement for swapable bars if there arent enough slots. I doubt it though.

P.S. So far the Stalker should be a stealthy sniperish varient of an archer. Longer ranged then the Ranger but slower. For what I've heard.

In my opinion the only classes that should have a second bar you swap to (rather than having all skills visible and active) are hybrid melee/ranged classes. It makes sense as you swap weapons for a different role and a different set of skills.

That's not to say all other classes should have fewer skills, not at all. Another bar could be added for additional skills easily enough, you just wouldn't need to swap to it. I prefer having all skills visible and available at all times unless the class is a weapon switch hybrid type. I have never been a fan of additional button presses because the UI doesn't support having all skills ready at all times.

There will be an out of combat bar.

Edited by IamMe

I AM ME!
I love you all.

So far we've seen archetypes with one skill bar and some archetypes that can swap to another bar. I'm just curious if in the future all archetypes will have two bars to choose from. That really would detract from some archetypes if they aren't allowed the same versatility or depth as others.

I'm going to quote myself here from an other related topic:

"I used to play ESO, but I had to abandon it becouse the devs didn't realy care about PVP and were more focusd on expending the PVE side. If you ignore the fact that the PVP combad was neaver realy properly balanced, it actually felt amazing! It had fast pased action combad beter than any other game i've ever seen. I also liked the fact that you had never more than 5 abillitys (skills)  + ultimate ability on your hotbar  at any given time. (actually 10 becouse you could swap to a 2nd bar.) Which is imo just the right amount to have plenty of options to make an interesting build, and not so much that is too hard to properly map all the keys in a way that you can easely find them on your keyboard. I would be disapointed if I end up having to use the 1 to 9 keys and perhaps even to be effective in combat."

EDIT: I'm not saying that I want all archtypes to have multiple action bars, just pointing out what I think is an exellent example of a good action bar system.

Edited by Prologue

Allowing us to move skills to different positions on the bar is very nice. Keeping similar skills between classes on the same hotkeys makes for a smoother transition from one class to another.