Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Druid CC

Anthrage

So I`ve been evaluating synergies between the Druid`s powers and those granted by Disciplines and it seems the pickings are slim. Having looked at the Druid powers, I`ve identified the follow CC abilities - does this seem accurate?:

1 Daze: Active, 3 target range AoE, 30m

1 Stun, passive, self

1 Launch, active, reticle-based

1 Snare, active, single target ranged Aoe, 8m

Did I miss anything?

So I`ve been evaluating synergies between the Druid`s powers and those granted by Disciplines and it seems the pickings are slim. Having looked at the Druid powers, I`ve identified the follow CC abilities - does this seem accurate?:

1 Daze: Active, 3 target range AoE, 30m

1 Stun, passive, self

1 Launch, active, reticle-based

1 Snare, active, single target ranged Aoe, 8m

Did I miss anything?

Yes you missed some things and your list can be explained better too :)

Your list:

Lightning combo 1 and 2.

30 meter range. Wide line targetting. Fast combo - applies daze.

Also really easy to Dizzy and Dizzy down someone out of combat with this power due to its speed and range.

Shroud of darkness.

God tier defensive power. Long duration buff that will stun any attacker that hits you (even bleeds / barkskin, ranged etc). Can almost keep it up most of the time.

Wicked winds.

Long range relatively quick moving knockup and good single target damage. Can scatter an enemy group like bowling pins.

Leaching seed.

Short 8m range 8 second slow and increases power cooldown times - interrupting combos etc.

Missing from your list:

Death tray C Essence scram.

Pulsing knockback effect (v. good for knocking off walls etc)

Plate enchantment - Faerie Fire.

Adds a stun to Faerie Fire (35 meter range)

Area control 'cc'

Many of the druids powers give her great 'area control' which I would argue is a form of CC.

Lightning aurora. Ignoring the amazing damage - this forces the enemy group to scatter their formation and disperse if they can. (can trigger dizzy / dizzy down too)

Defensively being able to create caches of healing orbs - either concentrated or spread over a wide area.

Offensively being able to detonate said orbs for damage. Sensible groups are very hesitant to advance on a group with druids that have been set up in one place for a time....(unless you got a smart knight going first!)

Death orbs created on druid death (e.g. if you can put these near doors / stairs etc)

Blight large area debuff - players won't want to stay in there is they can help it.

Healing rain - friendly version of the area control healing.

Edited by Tinnis

Great clarification and correction, thank-you.

If Essence Scram`s knockback is actually classed as a KD, and FF`s stun is similarly an actual Stun, this does open up some synergy with Combat Disciplines, namely Sentry and Extremist, through duration increases.

Something I am unclear on is a detail associated with the Retaliator Discipline. Most of the Disciplines are using copies of Archetype powers as their Power element, but I am wondering whether the Stat aspects are equally pulled from the Archetype. In the case of Retaliator, you have the Explode on Death power, and then a Stat element which increases duration on Stun and KD.

My question then is, do druids always have a Stun and KD duration buff? Is this something they get applied only when the Explode or Death power is triggered, or is it something unique to the Retaliator Discipline?

Great clarification and correction, thank-you.

If Essence Scram`s knockback is actually classed as a KD, and FF`s stun is similarly an actual Stun, this does open up some synergy with Combat Disciplines, namely Sentry and Extremist, through duration increases.

Something I am unclear on is a detail associated with the Retaliator Discipline. Most of the Disciplines are using copies of Archetype powers as their Power element, but I am wondering whether the Stat aspects are equally pulled from the Archetype. In the case of Retaliator, you have the Explode on Death power, and then a Stat element which increases duration on Stun and KD.

My question then is, do druids always have a Stun and KD duration buff? Is this something they get applied only when the Explode or Death power is triggered, or is it something unique to the Retaliator Discipline?

its a knock back, not a knock down on C.

unsure what will be on druid specific archetype and promotion class stats / skill training.

however any archetype can train general combat skills > "combat principles" that let them increase the duration of all the types of CC (and reduce all the types on them too)

Edited by Tinnis

Ah yes, a KB not a KD. Has anyone compiled a list of all known types of CC currently in or intended? Not counting the supplimentary methods you listed, speaking of code-level CC-class effects only, not de-facto CC actions.

I am aware that durations can be trained up etc. through the investment of skill points/time, but a Discipline-level increase would have value as well, in some cases. If an actual advantage exists, it should be explored. :)